PDA

View Full Version : Is it me



Big-H
09-14-2007, 10:14 PM
Or is Rhapsody In Blue by George Gershwin the best song ever?

http://youtube.com/watch?v=eWH2OdC9WI8
http://youtube.com/watch?v=ddxuynM6q0k

It's long, hence the two links. Although, it is longer than the 13:01 or so.

Enjoy! (also, isn't Fantasia cool, although only the first one, not this one)

pinocchio
09-14-2007, 11:04 PM
that's fantastic. i love disney more than you could ever grasp.

ﺶﻙﯔ
09-15-2007, 12:12 AM
it's a cool song. i remember "fantasia" used to freak me the fuck out when i was a kid. i couldn't bear to watch that scene where those possessed brooms closed in on mickey. it threatened my reality...

tomatoesandradiowires
09-15-2007, 06:30 AM
Originally posted by ﺶﻙﯔ
it's a cool song. i remember "fantasia" used to freak me the fuck out when i was a kid. i couldn't bear to watch that scene where those possessed brooms closed in on mickey. it threatened my reality...

The shroom scene was the one to freak me the fuck out. Now It amuses me, and strikes me as maybe a bit racist- which I believe qualifies it as a disney classic.

Big-H
09-15-2007, 07:04 AM
Yeah, it's a bit racist.

I just watched it on youtube and I'm offended - I'm ~50% Chinese, thanks to my mom.

nach_heart
09-15-2007, 12:50 PM
Fantasia is my favorite Disney movie. I actually thought the second Fantasia was good, as well.

Stormx
09-15-2007, 01:22 PM
Originally posted by pinocchio
that's fantastic. i love disney more than you could ever grasp.

You like the organisation that is destroying our civil liberties, right to fair use, the public's perception of copyright and intellectual property. You like the organisation that, together with other big media companies, is destroying your american congress and passing unconstitutional bills like the DMCA, allowing your society to crumble under copyright and patent trolls. That funds campaigns of politicians that agree to maintain and up the status quo on intellectual property?

They sued a fucking nursery for painting mickey mouse on their walls

Every time disney copyrights are about to expire, the copyright term is extended.

Millions of people die because of the legislation companies like disney push to keep medicines/drugs patentable.

They fund the RIAA, that brings lawsuits against the disabled and those unable to support themselves, under their own draconian legislation, proporting that every song downloaded costs the industry $1000. Many people drop out of college to get whatever job they can, to try and meet the settlement. Bright minds are destroyed in the name of profit. You keep yourself in the dark about issues by media entertainment. You're a human being. Fuck disney, you don't need the shit they're pumping into you.

Tolerating them would have me pissed off with you. Liking them means I'm gonna have to cut you good.

Stormx
09-15-2007, 01:24 PM
Oh and I know disney films are good. The ends don't justify the means. Don't ever EVER buy anything from disney

uncle eggma
09-15-2007, 01:40 PM
Originally posted by Big-H
Or is Rhapsody In Blue by George Gershwin the best song ever?


brian wilson seems to think so.

ﺶﻙﯔ
09-15-2007, 01:43 PM
i love disney but not as much as nike. i wish i could get some dunks with mickey stitched all over it by a toothless bangladeshi heroin addict.

uncle eggma
09-15-2007, 01:53 PM
Originally posted by Stormx

Originally posted by pinocchio
that's fantastic. i love disney more than you could ever grasp.

You like the organisation that is destroying our civil liberties, right to fair use, the public's perception of copyright and intellectual property. You like the organisation that, together with other big media companies, is destroying your american congress and passing unconstitutional bills like the DMCA, allowing your society to crumble under copyright and patent trolls. That funds campaigns of politicians that agree to maintain and up the status quo on intellectual property?

They sued a fucking nursery for painting mickey mouse on their walls

Every time disney copyrights are about to expire, the copyright term is extended.

Millions of people die because of the legislation companies like disney push to keep medicines/drugs patentable.

They fund the RIAA, that brings lawsuits against the disabled and those unable to support themselves, under their own draconian legislation, proporting that every song downloaded costs the industry $1000. Many people drop out of college to get whatever job they can, to try and meet the settlement. Bright minds are destroyed in the name of profit. You keep yourself in the dark about issues by media entertainment. You're a human being. Fuck disney, you don't need the shit they're pumping into you.

Tolerating them would have me pissed off with you. Liking them means I'm gonna have to cut you good.

you're real a serious guy, huh? you know, that's cool...i just imagine you're pretty intense.

[Edited on 9-15-0707 by uncle eggma]

pinocchio
09-15-2007, 01:55 PM
Originally posted by Stormx

Originally posted by pinocchio
that's fantastic. i love disney more than you could ever grasp.

You like the organisation that is destroying our civil liberties, right to fair use, the public's perception of copyright and intellectual property. You like the organisation that, together with other big media companies, is destroying your american congress and passing unconstitutional bills like the DMCA, allowing your society to crumble under copyright and patent trolls. That funds campaigns of politicians that agree to maintain and up the status quo on intellectual property?

They sued a fucking nursery for painting mickey mouse on their walls

Every time disney copyrights are about to expire, the copyright term is extended.

Millions of people die because of the legislation companies like disney push to keep medicines/drugs patentable.

They fund the RIAA, that brings lawsuits against the disabled and those unable to support themselves, under their own draconian legislation, proporting that every song downloaded costs the industry $1000. Many people drop out of college to get whatever job they can, to try and meet the settlement. Bright minds are destroyed in the name of profit. You keep yourself in the dark about issues by media entertainment. You're a human being. Fuck disney, you don't need the shit they're pumping into you.

Tolerating them would have me pissed off with you. Liking them means I'm gonna have to cut you good.

you take yourself way too seriously. disney pumps nothing into me. i love a good bit of old disney movies. i don't let stupid shit like this consume me. make the best of your own life man. you're going to have a heart attack at 35.

Stormx
09-15-2007, 02:15 PM
Population over here is a bunch less obese than the american one. Anyway, I don't eat junk food. Just because I care about our future it doesn't make me some nerd who sits in his basement drinking endless cafinated drinks.

Anyway, I'm not taking myself "way to seriously". I'm taking issues like this, which interest me hugely, and affect us ALL, seriously. If you sat up and took notice then you'd be doing the same.

Stormx
09-15-2007, 02:17 PM
Originally posted by uncle eggma

Originally posted by Stormx

Originally posted by pinocchio
that's fantastic. i love disney more than you could ever grasp.

You like the organisation that is destroying our civil liberties, right to fair use, the public's perception of copyright and intellectual property. You like the organisation that, together with other big media companies, is destroying your american congress and passing unconstitutional bills like the DMCA, allowing your society to crumble under copyright and patent trolls. That funds campaigns of politicians that agree to maintain and up the status quo on intellectual property?

They sued a fucking nursery for painting mickey mouse on their walls

Every time disney copyrights are about to expire, the copyright term is extended.

Millions of people die because of the legislation companies like disney push to keep medicines/drugs patentable.

They fund the RIAA, that brings lawsuits against the disabled and those unable to support themselves, under their own draconian legislation, proporting that every song downloaded costs the industry $1000. Many people drop out of college to get whatever job they can, to try and meet the settlement. Bright minds are destroyed in the name of profit. You keep yourself in the dark about issues by media entertainment. You're a human being. Fuck disney, you don't need the shit they're pumping into you.

Tolerating them would have me pissed off with you. Liking them means I'm gonna have to cut you good.

you're real a serious guy, huh? you know, that's cool...i just imagine you're pretty intense.

[Edited on 9-15-0707 by uncle eggma]

Yeah, sorry if I appear over the top. I usually keep my political ramblings on this board to a minimum, but you've probably seen me in the religion/US Elections one giving my POV. I can understand I'd get annoying if I did this loads, but afaik, I don't do it very often, so it balances out.

hockywierdo
09-15-2007, 02:17 PM
Originally posted by Big-H
Or is Rhapsody In Blue by George Gershwin the best song ever?

http://youtube.com/watch?v=eWH2OdC9WI8
http://youtube.com/watch?v=ddxuynM6q0k

It's long, hence the two links. Although, it is longer than the 13:01 or so.

Enjoy! (also, isn't Fantasia cool, although only the first one, not this one)

hear hear!! i play this peice with an orcehstra in carnegie hall his summer. i played banjo!

Tilde
09-15-2007, 02:37 PM
It is an incredible song.

I have always been convinced Disney will team up with China and take over the world. Oh, conspiracy.

jono
09-15-2007, 03:44 PM
I can't stand the piece.

i.am.superman
09-15-2007, 09:48 PM
gershwin is, in general, very very great.

Big-H
09-16-2007, 10:09 AM
Originally posted by uncle eggma

Originally posted by Big-H
Or is Rhapsody In Blue by George Gershwin the best song ever?


brian wilson seems to think so.

I actually kinda hate to admit this, but that's how I found out about the song :(

I actually knew his name, I just never heard Rhapsody in Blue until reading the wikipedia article on Brian Wilson.

[Edited on 9-16-0707 by Big-H]

BigBlackSmoke
09-16-2007, 11:42 AM
is it me
for a moment?

VenusInFurs341
09-16-2007, 12:13 PM
Originally posted by BigBlackSmoke
is it me
for a moment?

The stars are falling

1993
09-16-2007, 05:26 PM
I always vastly preferred Nickelodeon to Disney.