PDA

View Full Version : =w=

Stinkypoo1032
09-14-2007, 04:00 PM
a

Aqualad
09-14-2007, 04:06 PM
um the new album sucked really bad.

talking about weezer is a lesson in futility these days.

uncle eggma
09-14-2007, 04:20 PM
i love the production on pinkerton. listening to it always brings back a lot of memories.

pinocchio
09-14-2007, 04:31 PM
yeah that's pretty much how i feel. pinkerton and the blue album just bring back memories and are both till fun to listen to maybe like once a year if that. i never got anything past the blue album. Stinkypoo how could you say you like those two, but don't remember the green album or another new one? wouldn't they be fresher in your mem... nevermind

uncle eggma
09-14-2007, 04:40 PM
maybe it's like how people block out painful memories....

Aqualad
09-14-2007, 07:37 PM
um pinocchio pinkerton came out after the blue album...

both are nice albums but it's a little soured because of how jerky the band members are these days. especially rivers.

pinocchio
09-14-2007, 11:08 PM
did it? bummer, i think i bought it right before the blue album. i really can't remember though.

ﺶﻙﯔ
09-14-2007, 11:58 PM
first two weezer albums rule. i was half alseep in a car and someone put on "pinkerton" and it sounded perfect. total middle school music, like the smiths.

that being said, i don't know if i'd publicly declare my affinity for weezer...but maybe i would.

stompclapclap
09-15-2007, 02:19 AM
BLUE ALBUM AND PINKERTON RAWKKKKKK

oh and i had a weezer lunchbox back at the beginning of high school

=w=

vertiginous
09-15-2007, 06:44 AM
i remember when i thought i was cooler than everyone else because i liked weezer when i was 4.

and when i say liked, i mean knew what color the cd was and what track number buddy holly was.

radiowires
09-15-2007, 06:58 AM
The blue album and Pinkerton are absolutely wonderful. I've been disappointed by all of their work since except: MALADROIT. I want to put in a plug for this underappreciated album. I hated the green album and almost didn't buy Maladroit. I barely even heard about Maladroit, and I haven't even heard much about it since. But it is quite an interesting and sonically powerful record. "Dope Nose", "Slave", and "Love Explosion" are tasty as hell. It reminds me of Prince and Boston and the Apples in Stereo all jamming together. I was surprised, and I remain surprised, and it's the only post-Pinkerton weezer album that I still listen to regularly.

I thought I was relatively alone in this but I just looked at it on Amazon (here) (http://www.amazon.com/Maladroit-Weezer/dp/B000065BW8)and customers have rated it 4 stars out of 5 in 370 reviews. So for what that's worth as confirmation.... rock on.

jefferoo
09-15-2007, 10:04 AM
Wow.
I actually suprised at the unanimous appreciation for the first two albums.
I agree, everything after was disappointing.
Rivers had all the makings of the next great songwriter, but then seemed to take the easy way.
I think if he really challenged himself, he could put out another good LP.
I heard he quit making music after Pinkerton and went back to school... Harvard.
I'm not sure what he planned to do with the degree. I think it was English.
Then he put out the green album, right? I can't remember.
All I know is when they came out, I was way into metal, industrial and rave and it wasn't vey cool to like Weezer. A jock-ish co-worker of mine at a summer job gave me a copy of the blue album and I fell in love with it and kept it a secret from all of my friends.
I was a closted Weezer fan.

Stinkypoo1032
09-15-2007, 10:12 AM
a

Aqualad
09-15-2007, 11:16 AM
well rivers is like some really stoical buddhist now, but that doesn't really excuse hom from being a jerk to the other bandmates

jefferoo
09-15-2007, 01:30 PM
Originally posted by Stinkypoo1032
I was 3 when buddy holly was on mtv. neat

I was 15. yikes.

[Edited on 9-15-0707 by jefferoo]

uncle eggma
09-15-2007, 01:34 PM
yeah i was about 13.

Stinkypoo1032
09-15-2007, 03:02 PM
a

horseface
09-15-2007, 03:36 PM
maladroit's a solid record i concur. i think it's the track "space rock" that really packs a wollop for me. and if you like it you can buy it used for the change you find under your sofa cushions it's so cheap.

and i think i may be the only one i know who enjoys the green album...i really have good taste in music though, i swear :D

cirrocumulus
09-17-2007, 06:00 PM
Lol, I used to be so obsessed with Weezer in, like... 5th grade. Then I grew some braincells, but I'll admit that I still maintain a weird kind of affection for The Blue Album and Pinkerton just because I liked them so much once, even though I don't like them anymore. But yeah, all their other stuff Green album and onward just sucks.

pinocchio
09-17-2007, 06:06 PM
what do you mean grew some brain cells? they're a really good bunch of musicians. and those albums are still great. don't second guess your 12 year old tastes.