PDA

View Full Version : favorite sesame street character

perfectbrokenmirror
01-16-2004, 10:15 AM
i'm sure we all watched that show while growing up. does anyone still have a favorite character?

i think i'd have to say Grover and Snuffy

c.s

bedbug
01-16-2004, 10:35 AM
My favorite is "Roger" the homosexual muppet

http://graphics.theonion.com/pics_3218/gaymuppet.gif

nervesandgel
01-16-2004, 01:15 PM
i really like grover, but something about the cookie monster's persistnace with trying to eat cookies when you don't have a throat is amazing.

dolemites_sister
01-16-2004, 04:39 PM
Definetly grover!!! But I do love Oscar the Grouch... There is something sweet under all that grumpiness!!!

j

opopopo
01-16-2004, 06:28 PM
i have always always always love those little aliens that go "yup yup yup yup yup... uh huh, uh huh... yup yup yup yup yup..."

as i type this, i am doing my very best impression of them outloud.

erik
01-17-2004, 09:49 AM
http://www.pages2send.com/bigbird/bigbird.jpg

William
01-17-2004, 11:57 AM
Burt. Of Ernie & Burt.

The orange one.

opopopo
01-17-2004, 04:06 PM
wait, isnt ernie the orange one?

the big-bird-as-thanksgiving-dinner picture makes me glum.

if i ever see a picture of or meet halfhanded, i expect him to have tufts of garbagey green hair everywhere and to be dressed in a silvery cylinder. also, busy brown eyebrows.

William
01-17-2004, 04:30 PM
Which every one the orange one is. H e has a comforting voice.

dolemites_sister
01-18-2004, 07:28 AM
That cartoon is hilarious... hehehe..
j

perfectbrokenmirror
01-19-2004, 10:40 AM
ernie was orange

c.s

dolemites_sister
01-19-2004, 03:26 PM
www.villagephotos.com

free hosting for your photos...

POST IT! no excuses.... :)
j

raydavies02
01-19-2004, 03:36 PM
grover

dolemites_sister
01-20-2004, 04:17 PM
chicken

Freakboy
01-20-2004, 07:45 PM
the big yellow BIRD motha *****

opopopo
01-20-2004, 11:25 PM
if you mail one to jenn, mail one to me too. or actually, just email. pretty please.

dolemites_sister
01-21-2004, 04:03 AM
I'm just kidding around... You know me..

wacky girl..

j

Martha My Dear
01-21-2004, 11:22 AM
I love Bert, Grover, and Snuffy... I'm not sure which one I love most.

Ooh, I also love Natasha. She's hilarious.

http://www.nhk.or.jp/sesame/muppets/muppets/natashap.gif

[Edited on 1-21-2004 by Martha My Dear]

[Edited on 1-21-2004 by Martha My Dear]

dolemites_sister
01-21-2004, 02:43 PM
well no fair.. if you are going to mail opopopo one, then you have to email me one as well...

j

opopopo
01-21-2004, 05:47 PM
ladies and gentlemen, i present to you the painfully handsome half handed!

http://picserver.student.utwente.nl/view_image.php/E082FW9YR3/picserver.jpeg

hh, i had to make the picture all small to upload it, so youre not lookin' your crispest there. sorry 'bout that. i hope youre not unhappy with me sticking your picture up here.

[Edited on 1-22-2004 by opopopo]

perfectbrokenmirror
01-22-2004, 07:46 PM
You are the exact opposite of my mental picture, which is amusing. You had the same build but you had a head of fluffy brownish curly hair. And yes, you did have glasses. I'm sorry but your picture makes you look too sweet to be such an apathetic, half bastard, sarcastic, amusing, light-hearted person (all those adjectives radiate from your posts). However, you do look light-hearted and somewhat apathetic. Ahhh...I'm just in shock, but not in a bad way.

c.s

perfectbrokenmirror
01-23-2004, 11:01 AM
Originally posted by Half-Handed

Originally posted by perfectbrokenmirror
You are the exact opposite of my mental picture, which is amusing. You had the same build but you had a head of fluffy brownish curly hair. And yes, you did have glasses. I'm sorry but your picture makes you look too sweet to be such an apathetic, half bastard, sarcastic, amusing, light-hearted person (all those adjectives radiate from your posts). However, you do look light-hearted and somewhat apathetic. Ahhh...I'm just in shock, but not in a bad way.

c.s

sarahe, you really are far too kind. Sweet, sarcastic amusing AND light-hearted? Shucks.

I don't know that I am apathetic - I feel very passionately about a lot of things but flippancy is a wonderful way of concealing that.

What's a "half-bastard"?

I must admit the first time couple times you posted I thought you were the biggest bastard out there - rude rude rude. But then, I started looking forward to your posts that were, usually, candid, and I began to admire how you speak always speak your mind.

I don't know what a half-bastard is. Not a full fledged bastard, I guess. And I'm not talking about bastard in the sense of an illegitimate child.

c.s

opopopo
01-23-2004, 11:03 PM
oh golly this is touching. sweetest little moment ever in the townhall.

nervesandgel
01-23-2004, 11:08 PM

Originally posted by perfectbrokenmirror

I must admit the first time couple times you posted I thought you were the biggest bastard out there - rude rude rude. But then, I started looking forward to your posts that were, usually, candid, and I began to admire how you speak always speak your mind.

I don't know what a half-bastard is. Not a full fledged bastard, I guess. And I'm not talking about bastard in the sense of an illegitimate child.

c.s

You're very kind. When I first read your posts I thought you were a tad pretentious (though nothing that a few grindingly miserable years at college wouldn't sort out - they did that for me...) but then I realised that I was just being an intolerant berk and now I always enjoy reading what you say, whether I agree with it or not.

Group hug time...

Now I've been so nice and reasonable I feel thoroughly unclean.

man i like you better when you're being a bastard ;)

dolemites_sister
01-24-2004, 04:07 AM
That's the thing I love about Half-Handed.... he's brutally honest....

I don't know.. something about that is refreshing! :)

This is turning into the Half-Handed appreciation thread......

ladylamentingonalawnchair
01-24-2004, 09:32 PM
This is so warm and fuzzy I might have to throw myself into a snowbank. Has anyone seen my mittens?

opopopo
01-25-2004, 11:25 AM
ah, what a refreshing bit of bitterness. thank you halfhanded, you always succeed in giving me the dose of unpleasantness that we all need to live a fully balanced life. this messageboard would be a very over-blubblingly happy place without, thank you for the sanity you restore to all.

perfectbrokenmirror
01-25-2004, 12:55 PM
I wish I could always speak my mind but that'll land me a Friday night of solitude in my room. I guess I've learned to give and take a bit; fudge up my thoughts. That is probably why I write so much. The paper has yet to attack me. Mute friends are nice from time to time.

Now I must wait for Half-Handed's normal service to resume. ;)

c.s

nervesandgel
01-25-2004, 02:12 PM
nervesandgel: don't worry, normal service will be resumed shortly. If you think I'm a bastard now you'd better pray I don't draw your name in this mixtape society...

i predict (wink wink) that i'll be drawing your name, which means i'll just send you a blank tape. and for some reason i see half - handed ending up with his own name. :P

acutally come to think of it we should start this mix tape thing. no one has emailed me in a while.