PDA

View Full Version : where are the Gerbils?

thecauseofgauze
01-15-2004, 05:07 PM
I'm curious as to where the Gerbils have gone ... are they still together? i think it's about time for Elephant 6 to start up again. i wish that i was into e6 while it was happening. i know that many of the bands are still together and working on stuff, but i'd like to know that the whole family is still strong and alive.

dolemites_sister
01-16-2004, 03:51 AM
I'm pretty sure the Gerbils are still alive and kicking....

j

channelfan
01-16-2004, 05:48 PM
a couple weeks ago while in athens i saw gerbil frontman scott spillane play a short set at the 40 watt. he played two gerbils songs i think, the rest must have been newer songs.

James Husband
03-25-2004, 11:53 AM
I just wrote this & it dissappeared, si if it shows up twice....I don't know. Anyway, I was sort of abducted by three of the Gerbils last night & I can assure you that they are very much alive & kicking. I thought maybe they were finished also, but I learned the hard way that Gerbils never die, & they'll kick anyone's ass who says otherwise! They are rehearsing & doing a mini-tour for a few dates next month. They are also playing in Athens sometime around the middle of April. I'm not sure exactly when, but it's booked. So, there you have it. Also, Scott is proud to be the first man ever to scuplt a new style of facial hair he calls "The Two Tiered Beard". It is amazing to see & one reason to check out the Gerbils if they come to your town. That's all I know. Oh yeah, this is funny....Scott was talking al about the "elephant-six backlash" & "the elegant pricks pre-lash" & I couldn't really follow the time line, but eventually he arrived at the conclusion that the Gerbils are now "retro". well put, I guess?!

pepe
03-25-2004, 06:24 PM
So when is James Husband going to go on tour? I think there are a few that would love to see this.

James Husband
04-02-2004, 12:36 PM
Well, Pepe,
I don't know about the Husband Tour. I did do about five solo shows opening up on the last O.M. tour & one in Athens at the 40watt. I need a band, preferably beautiful & talented young women. I've got a couple, but I need more. I'll have some stuff to pass out at the upcoming O.M. shows but no performances just yet.