PDA

View Full Version : my 100th post

jkirkpleasant
09-10-2007, 02:03 PM
I made it to 100 posts!!!

In celebration, I've decided to create a new jaunre' of music. it's called astro-twang - down home music to entertain the new lunar settler.

While doing a little light research regarding the moon, I learned that we'll be colonizing it by about 2024, likely somewhere around Shackleton Crater and Malapert Mountain. The rims of that crater have constant sunlight, creating a perfect place for solar panels basking in eternal light. Malapert Mountain, only 75 miles (120 km) away from the rim has a constant view of the earth making it an ideal spot for a radio tower. Encapsulated biospheres will be well powered providing constant contact with back home. Overpopulation will be solved! In the depths of Shackleton crater there may even be hydrogen deposits from impacted astroids offering up a possible water source. What an exciting time to be alive!!!

"Calvin, don't jump!" will be performing our first performance with the new line-up Tuesday October 2, 2007 with seamonster in Vancouver, BC. We're working on a new record which will be released sometime next year. You can see what we look like, plus a new video at: "Calvin, don't jump!"'s reverb nation site (http://www.reverbnation.com/calvindontjump)

keep your eyes to the skies,
~j. kirk pleasant

the hurdy gurdy man
09-10-2007, 02:23 PM
I love you. Someday we can hang out in Shackleton Crater together and force Calvin to jump. What a wicked, wicked deed.

rogersbowne
09-10-2007, 02:50 PM
how many do I have?

rogersbowne
09-10-2007, 02:50 PM
ooh 415...now 416

jkirkpleasant
09-12-2007, 10:00 AM
i love you too, hurdy gurdy man. you were always my favorite donovan album.
hey, does anyone else think it sucks that you need 1,000 posts to have a visible avatar? i got all excited and spent too long a time figuring out how to get a nice little moon avatar for this post, and then it didn't show up and i found out i need 900 more posts to have it shown! that's going to take for freakin' ever!

btw, did anyone see my new reverb nation site and read the new bio and watch the new video??? just curious...
~k

eggcup
09-12-2007, 04:36 PM
have not yet seen the site...been too busy working towards my 1000th post.

Aqualad
09-12-2007, 05:40 PM
i still need to do that reverbnation thing. I don't know what it is, but whatever!

If it lets you host your own music and videos, then I already have imeem for that.