PDA

View Full Version : do any of you go to clubs?

jellyjar
09-08-2007, 05:19 PM
a lot of people seem to be really into it here, but i've gone my whole life without going to one. are they really that great?

quixoticgoat
09-08-2007, 08:53 PM
i suppose it depends on what you mean... there are some really awesome clubs in madison. and there are some super shady shitty ones too.
i like the inferno because they play really fucking good techno (and cause you can smoke in there)
i hate the cardinal because its extremely expensive and the music sucks and the people are always really annoying and it smells like humans in there
as far as the laid back clubs.. meh.. i've mostly got no complaints.

rogersbowne
09-08-2007, 08:56 PM
like dance clubs?

jefferoo
09-08-2007, 09:40 PM
If you can, go to raves. they are way better.
I was a big raver back in 96-99.
I just can't get into clubbing. Too many white t douchebags and drunk sluts. not my scene.
give me some x and a pair of glowsticks, acid techno, ragga jungle, hardcore and I'll have a way better time.
are there such things as raves anymore?
fill me in.

pinocchio
09-08-2007, 10:12 PM
Originally posted by jefferoo
I just can't get into clubbing. Too many white t douchebags and drunk sluts. not my scene.
give me some x and a pair of glowsticks, acid techno, ragga jungle, hardcore and I'll have a way better time.
fill me in.

i used to be way into Orbital man. like way into them. have you ever heard puffy little clouds?

as for clubs... they're way fun overseas. i had the time of my life every night i was in prague and amsterdam just at clubs and dance bars. although, they play great old 80s and 90s stuff most of the time and everyone dresses nice but normally and like individuals. plus people are cool. most of the time when you go to a "club" here it is a shit show, and not in a good way. clubs in ny are terrible as are most bars. but once in a while you can find a sweet place in one of the other boroughs. being with a good crowd is key. people who go clubbing tend to suck.

aaron
09-08-2007, 10:56 PM
there's pretty much no way you could ever find me in a club.

JoeJustJoe
09-09-2007, 01:47 AM
For a concert maybe. If I want to be around that many people I'll go to China.

jefferoo
09-09-2007, 06:22 AM
Originally posted by pinocchio

fill me in.

i used to be way into Orbital man. like way into them. have you ever heard puffy little clouds?

Yes. It's actually "Little fluffy clouds" by The Orb from one of the greatest electronic records ever... Adventures Beyond the Ultraworld.

beans45601
09-09-2007, 08:38 AM
The trick is, you have to go to trashy gay dance clubs. That's where all the fun is

JoeJustJoe
09-09-2007, 08:41 AM
Originally posted by beans45601
The trick is, you have to go to trashy gay dance clubs. That's where all the fun is

sound tempting.....not.

pinocchio
09-09-2007, 08:56 AM

Originally posted by pinocchio

fill me in.

Yes. It's actually "Little fluffy clouds" by The Orb from one of the greatest electronic records ever... Adventures Beyond the Ultraworld.

haha yeh. it's been like 6 years since i've listened. fuckin Work was my fave.

beans45601
09-09-2007, 08:54 PM
Right. Gay people, disgusting!

Originally posted by JoeJustJoe

Originally posted by beans45601

sound tempting.....not.

patman?
09-09-2007, 09:06 PM
No. You're not missing anything.

jefferoo
09-09-2007, 09:49 PM
I used to work at a drag/cabaret bar in NYC. It's gone now. That was awesome. CRAZY, but awesome. Best job I ever had.

ted_pressure
09-10-2007, 06:48 PM
i like dive bars and keggers. i hate paying over $5 for a drink. unless im on a trip where im forced to.

stompclapclap
09-10-2007, 06:52 PM
I used to work at a drag/cabaret bar in NYC. It's gone now. That was awesome. CRAZY, but awesome. Best job I ever had.
you are amazing