PDA

View Full Version : Dustin Hoffman's Wife Calls In A Detective To Dust For Porcelain Particles On Dustin Hoffman's Tongue

stepe
01-14-2004, 03:36 PM
First off, this song is by far one of my favorite ofm songs. The entire four track recordings album is brilliant too.

But I have a question, what is it that he says in the second line? It starts out "you're hands are on this, i'm something something, thanks for asking"

I just can't quite make it out. Danke for any help.

thecauseofgauze
01-14-2004, 04:48 PM
okay... i think it's like this: "you're hands are on this ... it's unwound, thanks for asking. i very rarely get angry. basically, i think you're fucked ..." but!!! i could be wrong. i love the four track recordings as well. ALL of montreal records are phenomenal. i can't wait for "satanic panic in the attic" .. AND THE TOUR!

micktick
01-15-2004, 09:27 AM
i've always heard it like "i'm well, thanks for asking..." i like that we each hear different lyrics!

BeeEatsMe
01-15-2004, 09:35 AM
Funny.

I always heard, "It's our world, thanks for asking."

Like it was a super-rebellious political song or something. Great song.

mothworm
01-15-2004, 01:26 PM
I love this song, too. It's so much darker than his usual work. The only other song that feels like it is "Montreal" from Cherry Peel.

I once started this list of songs and bands that would make up the perfect covers record (personal fave- the B-52s covering the Smith's girlfriend in a coma). This one seemed like a natural for Nirvana (in Kurt-solo-strumming-mumbling mode).

Harnk
01-15-2004, 01:51 PM
the 4 Track album is the only thing I don't have...is it like Cherry Peel..if so I can't hold off. Or is whimsical and absurd? The song titles suggest absurdity

thecauseofgauze
01-15-2004, 01:59 PM
all of the four-track songs are quite intimate. i think it was done completely by kevin. i hate to use this term, but i would call it "bedroom pop". i'm guessing that he didn't have song titles for a lot of the songs so he wrote a mini-story within track list. GENIUS! none of the songs have anything to do with dustin hoffman. i suggest you pick one up sometime soon. you won't be disappointed. it's really great stuff from earlier on...

dolemites_sister
01-15-2004, 03:48 PM
I really love it... There are some really awesome songs on there...

buy it...
j

stepe
01-15-2004, 10:58 PM
I'm just not sure if I can hear any of the other above suggestions in that line. He says "it's", for sure. Otherwise I'd think it was i'm well now, because it does also seem to say "i'm well now". However, I don't think "it's im well now, thanks for asking" makes much, if any, sense. Any other ideas?

William
01-16-2004, 07:07 PM
The Early Four-Track Recordings is the only Of Montreal album I have. I love it.

elizabeth
01-17-2004, 02:09 PM
"you're hands are on this ... it's unwound, thanks for asking. i very rarely get angry. basically, i think you're fucked ..."
thecauseofgauze is right