PDA

View Full Version : I am a DJ now...

DesertStarscape
09-05-2007, 01:31 AM
WXYC-Chapel Hill, baby. Wednesdays from 6a-8a ET. Stream from wxyc.org. Booya.

William
09-05-2007, 02:06 PM
where can we send you stuff to play

dwightp
09-05-2007, 02:30 PM
Excellent question ;)

funeralpudding
09-05-2007, 03:19 PM
If you're not already, you should consider using background music. Pick something without a lot of vocals (jazz and lounge and are always good, some movie soundtracks). Leave it playing continuously so if there's an emergency you can just just quickly fade it up. It can also help you with your speaking: pauses can sound much more deliberate when music's playing in the background, saves you from having to say "uh" and "booya". And, transitions from the music to just voice are always more abrupt sounding than when the background music fades up out of the previous track and then then your voice comes out over the top of it - it gives everything some flow.

feeling_retro
09-05-2007, 03:26 PM
i'm a DJ for http://www.acrn.com

[Edited on 9-5-0707 by feeling_retro]

quixoticgoat
09-05-2007, 03:36 PM
when at feeling retro?

ﺶﻙﯔ
09-05-2007, 03:51 PM
my college has a radio station, but i'm not even sure students can have shows. lame...

DesertStarscape
09-07-2007, 09:25 AM
Originally posted by William
where can we send you stuff to play

just attach as an email to clayman@email.unc.edu

or listen and request! They have a pretty extensive library...

theaddingmachine
09-07-2007, 09:26 AM
Originally posted by funeralpudding
If you're not already, you should consider using background music. Pick something without a lot of vocals (jazz and lounge and are always good, some movie soundtracks). Leave it playing continuously so if there's an emergency you can just just quickly fade it up. It can also help you with your speaking: pauses can sound much more deliberate when music's playing in the background, saves you from having to say "uh" and "booya". And, transitions from the music to just voice are always more abrupt sounding than when the background music fades up out of the previous track and then then your voice comes out over the top of it - it gives everything some flow.

agreed! it makes everything sound SO MUCH BETTER

feeling_retro
09-07-2007, 01:05 PM
Originally posted by quixoticgoat
when at feeling retro?

I'm not sure about rotation hours but I host The Acoustic Hour with a friend and we're going to be on Wednesdays 9-10pm

[Edited on 9-8-0707 by feeling_retro]