PDA

View Full Version : Cartoon Blanket Paintings - Sept. midwest/east coast tour

clickxclick
08-29-2007, 09:04 AM
This will be a tour featuring the collective works of Cartoon Monster, Blanket Truth, and Watercolor Paintings (hence the name). We will be playing a set together most nights (as a single "band"), if people have time and/or room for all of us to play separate sets, we will. But only if that is possible.

*** means we need help.

if it doesn't have a *** and we don't have a venue listed, feel free to holler. there's a chance we might need you.

sept 04 - sheboygan, wi @ the paradigm - We need locals for this!
sept 05 - grand rapids, mi @ the daac w/ bear hugs, jes kramer
sept 06 - decatur, il @ a park w/ wabash, awful truth, goodnight and good morning
sept 07 - lakewood, oh @ bela dubby w/ natalie, timeless
sept 08 - philadelphia, pa @ green line cafe w/ kristen sylvester, lightning paw, eyes for volume - 6pm $5
sept 09 - brooklyn, ny @ maggie's house w/ lil hospital
sept 10 - richmond, va @ nara sushi w/ hot lava
sept 11 - greensboro, nc @ square one w/ sugar on shit, the breathing, summer camp casanova
*** sept 12 - louisville, ky
sept 13 - bloomington, in @ russ's house w/ tinyfolk, cool conductor
sept 14 - chicago, il @ the foster home w/ toby foster, angel katz
*** sept 15 - minneapolis, mn w/ bri from bff?

have a listen:
blanket truth (http://www.virb.com/blankettruth)
watercolor paintings (http://www.myspace.com/watercolorpaintings)
cartoon monster (http://www.virb.com/cartoonmonster)

if you have any help, questions, or suggestions, please email: blankettruth@gmail.com

blaise
08-29-2007, 11:03 AM
Many of these bands have excellent names. Lil' Hospital might be my favorite.

And I can't help you guys, cuz you're not coming to Texas?!

pinocchio
08-29-2007, 11:35 AM
i'm not familiar with the first two bands. watercolor paintings are really, really, really good.

hockywierdo
08-29-2007, 11:52 AM
Originally posted by pinocchio
i'm not familiar with the first two bands. watercolor paintings are really, really, really good.

blanket truth is john, he is so funny and quirky. you gotta see him live. i played with him and watercolor paintings in san deigo once. greatest show i ever played and it was so fun even though like very few people came.

good luck on tour guys, wish i couldve gone up the coast with you rebecca. sorry for not making out to any seattle shows john.

clickxclick
08-29-2007, 12:28 PM
Thanks for the kind words Alex! I hope you had fun when you were in Seattle.

I am indeed the man behind Blanket Truth.

blaise, I wish we could make it to Texas. I've never been yet, so I would like for it to happen in the near future! Also, the Lil Hospital is a really really fun band, I highly suggest checking them out. We're very excited to be playing with them, especially on such a magical show that will be taking place on a rooftop.
indiepages.com/LilHospital (http://www.indiepages.com/lilhospital)

Pinocchio, I'm glad you enjoy Watercolor Paintings. They are some of my nearest and dearest friends.

=============================================

For this tour, the Watercolor Paintings/Blanket Truth split cassette is being reissued for the tour but there's only going to be about 40 more copies or something. There will also be Watercolor Paintings t-shirts designed by Zack Burba from iji and if all goes well Blanket Truth t-shirts and some other stuff.

If anyone wants something and is not going to be around for the tour, get in contact and we'll do what we can to accommodate.

hockywierdo
08-29-2007, 12:45 PM
ahhh i want the split cassetttee!!!

clickxclick
08-29-2007, 03:24 PM
i'll hold one for you!we're picking them up in decatur, il.

hockywierdo
08-29-2007, 11:37 PM
Originally posted by clickxclick
i'll hold one for you!we're picking them up in decatur, il.
make it two, stephen wants one also.

quixoticgoat
08-30-2007, 06:29 AM
sheboygan? all the way up in sheboygan? :-(

clickxclick
08-30-2007, 02:17 PM
Alex, will do. I'll hold two.

Yep, Sheboygan. I'm sorry, we would've played in Madison but we were having a hard time getting any show in WI at all. This show I don't think is even really going to be promoted and there are no locals playing yet, so it might be a bust, we'll see!

Do you know any bands that would want to play in Sheboygan, because we could certainly use some support, it's the first show of our tour!

clickxclick
09-02-2007, 03:02 PM
we fly out to the midwest tomorrow!!! AHHH!

ggrisamore
09-03-2007, 03:01 PM
ok so im so confused why your playing east coast but not coming down to Athens. Crazy folks!!!