PDA

View Full Version : Hogan's Heroes

Aqualad
08-28-2007, 08:11 PM
Did anyone else watch this 3 part special on Nick at Nite. Anyone else totally disturbed by the zealots they found. I was. Get off of the sitcoms now kids before it becomes a habit you can't break.

David_R._Gross
08-28-2007, 09:29 PM
My softball team of three years is called the Hoganís Hammered Heros. I am friends with a Hogan who was on the team along with his two brothers who were also on the team. Pretty much every one except for me were big drinkers, and basically, when you add two and two together, that is how we got our name.

This session saw only one Hogan on the team. We were battling for first in our division all season (coming from dead last when we started the first year.) Then during the double elimination tournament, we took the first two games, lost the third, and went on a three win triple header, after I got back from popfest. It was amazing! We held three teams to 6 runs total, and I pitched all three games

Then, we were suppose to play the team that put us in the losers bracket the next day. Because of two rain outs during the tournament, the team talked to the league officials, and instead of having to forfeit, so we could just move on to the finials/finish the season. They all decided to end the season right then and there. They announced the team already in the finials the champs, and we were tied for second. The worst part about it was our team was broken the news right after our three wins. You know that part in Braveheart when William Wallace is betrayed by Robert The Bruce on the battle field during the fight that could have won Scotland their Freedom? Well, that is how I felt.......

I'm not sure how all of this is suppose to relate to your thread topic, but I felt that it had to be shared.

Fare Thee Well,

DRG

Aqualad
08-28-2007, 09:38 PM
that's really bittersweet...

JoeJustJoe
08-29-2007, 02:18 AM
Originally posted by Aqualad
Did anyone else watch this 3 part special on Nick at Nite. Anyone else totally disturbed by the zealots they found. I was. Get off of the sitcoms now kids before it becomes a habit you can't break.

NICE!!!!!!!!!!

JoeJustJoe
08-29-2007, 08:04 AM
Imitation is the Highest form of Compliment/flaterry, but plagiarism is something Else. I'm honored. Well...not really but sort of.

[Edited on 8-29-0707 by JoeJustJoe]