PDA

View Full Version : Instruments - Joy Division Disc

rogersbowne
08-28-2007, 12:43 PM
Has anyone checked out this disc? I think it is amazing and I am not a huge fan of the instruments or joy division. The sound Mrs. McIntosh manages to record and her vocals are just as eerie and 80's feeling. I love the sound of the drums too, they are so distant but there. I don't know if there are any mp3 tracks up anywhere and I don't want to throw any up myself in light of legality but I think people should check this 2 track 7" and the 4 track cdr out, and it's cheap at HHBTM.

blaise
08-28-2007, 01:07 PM
I like the single, too. It's funny, it put it into my laptop and my iTunes came up with all of these weird song titles, like "Mr. Herman's Milk" (not really, but something like that).

It's a good recording.

typewriters
08-28-2007, 11:52 PM
who is this available from? i heard about it coming out a long time ago but never followed up with it. im a huge joy division fan.

tralala
08-29-2007, 12:23 AM
yeah, it really is truly great...

happymike
08-29-2007, 02:14 AM
we ran out of singles, and we can't press more copies to do 250 copies being the most you can press before paying mechanical royalties, i know tonevendor, darla, athensmusic.net, choke, and stickfigure have copies, but as far as the label goes i sold them all to stores. happy hunting. mike

dreamer27
09-18-2007, 11:00 PM
I just picked mine up from Athensmusic.net I'm pretty excited. I have been on a huge 7" spree recently, so this will be a great addition :D

[Edited on 9-19-0707 by dreamer27]

jefferoo
09-19-2007, 08:11 AM
I think too many bands try to saound like joy division. what happened?
That band, the killers... it is a very lame impression, to me.

dwightp
09-19-2007, 09:40 AM
Mike; I preordered a copy along with an order taking advantage of a groovy clearance sale thing you were doing - you told me recently that you were shipping it, but I never got it. If you're out, you're out, but I thought I'd check.