PDA

View Full Version : cherry peel tracks

chocolatey goodness
01-12-2004, 09:26 PM
how come the version of "dont ask me to explain" sounds really poor on cherry peel? i've heard another better version, and i can't figure out which album it's on or if i just got a bum cd. can anyone help me?????

dolemites_sister
01-13-2004, 04:11 AM
Correct me if I'm wrong people, but I believe there are two versions of Cherry Peel.... Honestly, I don't know which one is which... All I know is that I have the old version.

raydavies02
01-13-2004, 07:25 AM
i think you're right, dolemites_sister, and i think i have the new version (since it contains the cleaner recording of dont ask me to explain)

[Edited on 1-13-2004 by raydavies02]

thecauseofgauze
01-13-2004, 01:23 PM
originally, i believe, it came out in 1997. does the remastered version have a different year on the back of it?

channelfan
01-13-2004, 03:16 PM
old version is light blue with animals

new version is pink with something else

Squirrellevel
01-14-2004, 09:54 AM
The cd covers of the old and new versions are identical. Channelfan is right. The cd itself for the old version is blue with animals, the redone version is pink with red faces drawn by David and some text that says "with love from h. hare and orbiting human circus". I love both versions. I guess I'm still used to the original version, but the redux sounds better for sure.
Alternately, you can find the remake of "Don't Ask Me To Explain" on a seven inch released on One Hundred GM Records out of Japan.
Oowee I'm a geek.

thecauseofgauze
01-14-2004, 10:17 AM
are you sure that the newer version is pink? i checked (please don't yell at me for this!) cdnow.com and i listened to the sound-bites for cherry peel. they're much cleaner than the pink version that i have. i'm so confused... i'd like to get the cleaner version as well. if anyone knows a good place to get it please let me know! thank you all for your kindness

floating norman
01-14-2004, 10:20 AM
i have the old, and it's blue, so i think the new one is pink. the only difference i noticed were some added harmonies on the new one. (don't ask me to explain also has added harmonies on the niki lighthouse 7", or maybe a different one)

raydavies02
01-14-2004, 10:41 AM
Originally posted by floating norman (don't ask me to explain also has added harmonies on the niki lighthouse 7", or maybe a different one)

i think you're right. the version on the nikki lighthouse single and the version on the newer copy of cherry peel are the same.

TV Forces
01-14-2004, 01:29 PM
Yes, I have both copies of CHERRY PEEL. I offered to make one for dolemites_sister several times. If anyone wants to do a blanks & postage thing, I'm at tvforces@hotmail.com

ps And yes, the newer version is pink. At least in my case.

[Edited on 1-14-2004 by TV Forces]

thelatebphelium
01-15-2004, 11:34 PM
and don't forget...

the bird who ate the rabbit's flower and
the bird who continues to eat the rabbit's flower

different mixes and some added instrumentation and harmonies.. especially on 'if i faltered slightly twice.'

as i've said in previous incarnations of the board, i think the changes are blasphemous. the remixing is fine, but the add harmonies and instrumentation bugs the hell out of me. i think 'baby' was ruined. but considering i had a hand in mixing the newer 'don't ask me to explain' i'll let that one slide. ;)

b.p.

TV Forces
02-02-2004, 11:38 AM
my offer still stands