aldhil's arboretum
horse and elephant eatery
early four track recordings
if he is protecting.....

raydavies02
01-12-2004, 11:51 AM
1. Cherry Peel
2. Aldhils Arboretum
3. Horse & Elephant Eatery (Singles and Songles)
4. The Gay Parade
5. Then Who Will Protect Big Oil.....
6. The Bird Who Continues to Eat the Rabbit's Flower
7. Coquelicot Asleep in the Poppies
8. The Bedside Drama: A Petite Tragedy
9. The Early Four Track Recordings

Harnk
01-12-2004, 12:25 PM
Odd. To me that is. Cherry Peel is a dud of an album

raydavies02
01-12-2004, 01:11 PM
Originally posted by Harnk
Cherry Peel is a dud of an album

what? "cherry peel" is amazing.

Harnk
01-12-2004, 01:56 PM
it's completely devoid of anything that attracted me to OM in the first place.

I like a few tunes on it but I think I'm lending an extra-kind ear since it's by a band I adore.

But yeah, it bores me. Petite Tragedy bores me a bit too.

Andy McAllister
01-13-2004, 04:51 AM
i can't say i share the same opinion, but different strokes for different folks.

henrikhhh
01-13-2004, 08:57 AM
of the ones i have:

1. gay parade
2. horse & elephant
3. coquelicot
4. cherry peel
5. bedside drama
6. the bird
7. early four-track

Freek
01-13-2004, 02:34 PM
cocquelicot
gay parade
horse and elephant eatery
aldhil's arboretum
the bird who continues to eat
cherry peel
petite tragedy
if he is protecting our nation
early 4tracks

but in fact they're all brilliant (the last three I haven't listened to enough)

opopopo
01-13-2004, 02:57 PM
okay, i've sat here for ten minutes trying to figure this out. i just can't do it. i give up. this is like trying to convince and aardvark that twenty-seven balloons can occupy a laboratory for dissecting sugar cubes while being outfitted for their plummet over the bridge which connects the two side of the zoo. the aardvark just won't listen, thus making it terribly difficult. now you can offer the aardvark a cookie in return for a signed statement swearing that it understood, or you can give up, say that coquelicot is definitely your favorite, and that you love all the others with equal enthusiasm.

Harnk
01-14-2004, 09:45 AM
Nothing worse than a shifty aarvark with a penchant for mischief. Coincidentally my friend Lester, the one from New York not Miami, was the only boy in Nassau County to pull linguini from his knees, and make no mistake, he thinks Coquelicot is by and large the greatest Of Montreal release.

opopopo
01-14-2004, 03:35 PM
exactly!

TV Forces
01-20-2004, 09:53 AM
I definately have to put THE GAY PARADE at number 1. It's one of those albums where I feel this strong need to sit Kevin down and make him understand why I love that album so much and how much it means to me. Then after I do tell him, I feel like I didn't do a good job. I can't thank him enough for that one.

Harnk
01-20-2004, 11:20 AM
Yeah I here ya. It's a one of a kind piece of music. They stand alone. I thank God that I picked up that album, as it introduced me to them in the most exciting way...can you imagine how badly the need to buy another OM would be after hearing Gay Parade for the first time.

MissMathe
01-20-2004, 07:19 PM
It seems to me that the Petite Tragedy has gone highly under appreciated. I love that album. Maybe I'm just partial to it because it was my first Of Montreal album, but I don't know I find it amazing. If it's not the best than at least higher ranking than Aldhills.

dolemites_sister
01-21-2004, 04:08 AM
That's the way I feel about Cherry Peel. It was my first experience with Of Montreal, and I feel sometimes it is underappreciated... I love that album!

I like Petite Tragedy too... I actually got both of them at the same time, but I just happened to listen to Cherry Peel first...
j