PDA

View Full Version : where is the julian

BigFatMoon
01-11-2004, 01:03 AM
hey julian where are yooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo oooooooooooou ps can you play bard college sometime this year?

sincere regards,
michael knight

William
02-06-2004, 02:58 PM
i love the music tapes. on elephant6.com there are like 3 new music tapes albums listed for future release. i heard he used to post at the e6 boards...it would be nice if he still did..

dolemites_sister
02-06-2004, 03:21 PM
Yes... He used to post here a lot... He was the originator of the beautiful things thread that was lost during the Hacking of 2003.

j

bothisattva
02-06-2004, 11:35 PM
was there ever talk of reviving the beautiful things list, starting a new one? i feel like death and could use such a list. i can't think of anything beautiful right now.

dolemites_sister
02-07-2004, 05:29 AM
Yes actually there was. I think we should start one up again.

That was really cool.

j

Harnk
02-09-2004, 11:27 AM
ahh The Music Tapes are rubbish. 2/10

Major Organ is more enjoyable while still being equally childish.

Harnk
02-09-2004, 02:56 PM
Your Moonpie eyyyyyyyyyyyyeeeee

Francisco Francisco you're truly an angel , we'll never forget your name...

the last tune is killer too. I like it, but I know it's krap

bothisattva
02-09-2004, 11:29 PM
eh harnk, quit tryin' to bait people the way you baited all the rabid neutral milk hotel fans. :P although maybe we could use it the way things have been stagnant around here...

lifeform (transmission received) is the awesome.

i also enjoy his mister's pet whistles.

BigFatMoon
02-26-2004, 10:50 AM
nuts to all non-believers! up the tapes! (and maj. organ too, for that matter) if ya dont like it, dont bother trying to start fights with people who do. just remember that everyone is titled to their own oppinon, so respect our love fo' de tapes. word

Harnk
02-26-2004, 12:15 PM
I wan't trying to dissuade anyone..I said I thought it was rubbish, but not without merit...I found Major Organ far more enjoyable. So go stick a lobster in your meathole

William
03-09-2004, 02:03 PM
1st Imaginary Symphony for Nomad is in my top 5 favorite albums of all times. I haven't heard Major Organ and the Adding Machine but I'll get around to it some time.

Harnk
03-09-2004, 03:03 PM
Originally posted by William
1st Imaginary Symphony for Nomad is in my top 5 favorite albums of all times. I haven't heard Major Organ and the Adding Machine but I'll get around to it some time.

Really????? Top 5 albums of ALL TIME. I cannot comprehend that...but it is your opinion so that it be.

William
03-09-2004, 03:19 PM
I wouldn't probably go around recomending it to everyone I know like I would Neutral Milk Hotel but I personally just love everything about it and I wish I could find the 2nd Imaginary Symphony for Cloudmaking somewhere.

[Edited on 9-10-2004 by William]

ladylamentingonalawnchair
03-11-2004, 12:26 PM
I like 1st Imaginary Symphony. It's charming and has lots of saws and interesting noises. But then, I spent an evening stroking my chin last week.

Right, so I'm off to Indiana tomorrow. Don't miss me too much.

Harnk
03-11-2004, 02:13 PM
I like sound recordings and field recording..for what they are worth..but I could never imagine an album like that or ever consider an album like that to be considered 'genius' or 'incredible' or 'my favorite'. I give Julian an A for effort and an F for music. The album does not disgust me at all, it just doesn't strike a chord on my hypothetical internal harpsichord...that Julian needs supervision otherwise he walks directly up his own azz .I would however love to see Music Tapes live.

acrobat
03-11-2004, 02:42 PM
Originally posted by Half-Handed
It wouldn't be in my top 5 if only 5 records had ever been released.

haha--I just thought this was funny :)

Chris
03-13-2004, 12:11 AM
Originally posted by Half-Handed
It wouldn't be in my top 5 if only 5 records had ever been released.

Sacrilege!!