PDA

View Full Version : caribou

uncle eggma
08-16-2007, 02:16 PM
just heard some song samples from the new caribou album, which comes out on the 21st of this month (apparently on merge records), and it sounds pretty great. if you haven't heard his last album, the milk of human kindness, i'd recommend that too. i can't see any fan of e6 not liking this stuff.

horseface
08-16-2007, 04:09 PM
it's finally coming out eh? 'bout time. i've been listening to it for what seems like months. really good stuff. more song oriented than the others. it's a little more hiccuppy and buzzy and slick than your typical e6 fare.

uncle eggma
08-16-2007, 05:26 PM
true, but something about him really reminds me of the more esoteric side of the e6 collective.

the hurdy gurdy man
08-16-2007, 09:23 PM
http://www.worlddeer.org/pics/caribou.jpg

Caribou are truly wonderful, noble creatures. They address each other as "sir" and "madam", never miss tea, and are quite chivalrous. Truly the knights of the animal kingdom. I saw a male caribou take off his cloak and lay it across a muddy puddle for a female to walk across. True story. I wept it was such a beautiful spectacle.

tito00
08-17-2007, 11:45 AM
Melody Day is hypnotic !

Harnk
08-17-2007, 01:46 PM
Originally posted by uncle eggma
just heard some song samples from the new caribou album, which comes out on the 21st of this month (apparently on merge records), and it sounds pretty great. if you haven't heard his last album, the milk of human kindness, i'd recommend that too. i can't see any fan of e6 not liking this stuff.

Milk of Human Kindness was pretty great. Not one that I would reach for all that often...but still.

eyeluvthe9ds
08-17-2007, 06:18 PM
Originally posted by the hurdy gurdy man
http://www.worlddeer.org/pics/caribou.jpg

Caribou are truly wonderful, noble creatures. They address each other as "sir" and "madam", never miss tea, and are quite chivalrous. Truly the knights of the animal kingdom. I saw a male caribou take off his cloak and lay it across a muddy puddle for a female to walk across. True story. I wept it was such a beautiful spectacle.

http://a193.ac-images.myspacecdn.com/images01/126/l_bd3d913a86288a123b6de49075b060c8.jpg

David_R._Gross
09-02-2007, 09:46 PM
Well, I borrowed Andorra from a friend, and I like the album very much. When the certain songs reach their most floral 60's moments, they remind me of early Essex Green, perhaps that is where the E6 feel is coming from.....I don't know

Now, I hear that this was Caribou's best album to date. I'll definitely look into the milk of human kindness, but how about the other albums? I also heard that Daniel was a DJ for an extended period of time before Caribou.....any of that stuff worth picking up.

Fare Thee Well,

DRG

David_R._Gross
09-03-2007, 09:59 AM
Yea, they are coming to Chicago too.....but the venue they are playing might ruin the show. I'm debating weather or not I should go. I really don't know how popular Caribou is....could they sell out a 1100 capacity place?

Musicalfusion
09-04-2007, 04:43 PM
I love Melody Day, it just hasnt been said enough

acrobat
09-08-2007, 08:00 PM
I think I'm the only one in the world who thinks Start Breaking My Heart is his best.