PDA

View Full Version : strange occurance linked with belle&sebastian

norsu
04-21-2003, 11:17 AM
I just saw the video to "dirty dream no.2" by belle & sebastian, in which there is a bunch of people just doing things like riding bikes and climbing trees. it's all very nice and cheerful. today i noticed that some of these people are scott spillane, julian koster and will cullen hart (maybe even some more e6 musicians i didn't recognize). this is kind of a discovery for this evening (for me at least. maybe you all already noticed/knew)

raf
04-21-2003, 11:39 AM
are you serious? i got that video somewhere, i will look for it. i will make sure to take screen shots :)

dolemites_sister
04-21-2003, 01:25 PM
Yeah I noticed that too... I guess they must be chummy or something... :)

But I thought it was very cool... or deck or whatever the hip thing to say is..

:)

j

pepe
04-21-2003, 07:29 PM
Last time Belle and sebastian came through town I asked Jamey huggins at an Of Montreal show how it happened that Great Lakes opened up for belle and sebastian in Georgia and he simply said, "Ohh they are friends of ours", so I am thinking, why they must be friends with many of the e6 individuals.

dolemites_sister
04-22-2003, 02:27 AM
Yes, they seemed quite chummy at the atlanta show. The Great Lakes even got on stage for the last song of the set.

perfectbrokenmirror
04-23-2003, 11:46 AM
But I thought it was very cool... or deck or whatever the hip thing to say is..
i couldn't help but smile when i read that. to hell with deck...i like awesome better

anyways...i'm going to have to check this video out. i can't wait till i can see b&s live....sigh

c.s.

dolemites_sister
04-24-2003, 12:15 AM
Man... Belle and Sebastian live was..... I can't think of a better word than orgasmic! I thought to myself, "There is no way they can capture the sound they have on their albums live!"

And I'm hear to tell you friend that YES they can! And it gives you chill bumps!

j

hastycolours
05-01-2003, 10:11 AM
Wow! deck? i havent even heard of that one! course, im in the middle, so maybe it'll come to the popular lingo world of my location in a few months.

hah..deck. thats awesome

dolemites_sister
05-02-2003, 03:18 AM
In my quest to be the hippest of all, I have incorporated deck into my vocabulary.

In fact, yesterday, I was sitting on a deck. And it was awesome!

;)

alex84
07-24-2004, 09:45 PM
i saw belle and sebastian last night, it was amazing!!!:D

dolemites_sister
07-25-2004, 03:29 AM
Belle and Sebastian rank up there as one of my favorite bands. I wish they came to the states more often. I would see them every time.

The new album is terrific...

j

DrinkTeaEatBooks
07-25-2004, 06:38 AM
I adore Belle & Sebastian like I would my own mother, but for some reason they haven't done much UK touring lately. They're going to Australia and Japan, but not a few miles down the road...

But I'll have to watch out for that video as well :)

Isn't it lovely when your favourite bands are all friends? Like the first time I listened to Fantasma, by Cornelius, got to track 8 and found it was an Apples song. The number of bands which I listen to that are not related in any way to Elephant 6 is slowly waning. Have to say, I don't mind that much :)

[Edited on 25-7-2004 by DrinkTeaEatBooks]

BigBlackSmoke
07-25-2004, 09:38 AM
i love that video
i love that band :)

William
07-25-2004, 11:37 AM
I'll have to get the Belle & Sebastian DVD sometime...they're one of my favorite bands.."The Boy With The Arab Strap" is one of my favorite albums.

BigBlackSmoke
07-25-2004, 02:36 PM
isn't deck that "hip" word from the hipster handbook?

William
07-25-2004, 03:36 PM
Yeah, "deck" is a hipster handbook term. I think it was just made up and put in the book/website as a joke to see if people would actually start using it. I don't think it ever caught on. I've heard the stuff in the Hipster Handbook is either totally made up or just Williamsburg, Brooklyn stuff.

pepe
07-27-2004, 09:59 AM
I have now seen the video as well and Andrew Reiger is also on there downing a gallon of milk. It also appears that Jeff Mangum is on there hiding behind a suit case.

BigBlackSmoke
07-27-2004, 10:54 AM
ahh! i did not know the man behind the milk was andrew! i should take a closer look!

BigBlackSmoke
07-27-2004, 04:18 PM
oh! i cannot find jeff behind a suitcase anywhere! what part or how far into the video is it?

Harnk
07-28-2004, 11:33 AM
Dan Donahue (Great Lakes) filmed a video for Belle & Sebastian....so there you go. that's the connection

erik
07-30-2004, 10:40 AM
Originally posted by BigBlackSmoke
oh! i cannot find jeff behind a suitcase anywhere! what part or how far into the video is it?

i think the general consensus is he's the sheet ghost. the suitcase looks like it has his drawerings on it

BigBlackSmoke
07-30-2004, 04:44 PM
hmm. yes i suppose that could be jeff.

formerathenian
08-04-2004, 01:11 PM
and not just e6 people are in that there thing: the girl in the bike helmet (which i believe is the main menu screen graphic) is amy dykes, from i am the world trade center.

everyone else are random assholes from athens.

The Minister of Altitude
06-26-2012, 09:24 AM
THANK YOU! this is amazing!

deise_fe
06-28-2012, 07:34 PM
I've always noticed that. Really cool stuff.

oldie but goldie

Chad Patio
07-03-2012, 02:51 PM
Dan Donahue (Great Lakes) filmed a video for Belle & Sebastian....so there you go. that's the connection

I believe it's actually Lance Bangs that filmed that video, although Dan may have helped him.