PDA

View Full Version : Ann Arbor 4/9

TV Forces
04-10-2003, 09:24 AM
Wow. After a few e-mails over the last couple years, as well as road trips to Chicago, Columbus, and Cleveland, Of Montreal finally made it to Michigan. It was an incredble show. I really hope they come back. They had a great turnout.

I've never been to Leopold Brothers (the venue) before. It was a really nice, clean place. Out of the 4 times I've seen the group now, this was the best show. It had the best setlist, the best turnout, and the band was incredibly tight. You'd have to combine the amount of people who came to the first 3 shows I saw and add a bunch in order to get the attendence here. Hopefully this is a sign for the band to try and come back to Michigan every chance they get. We've waited a long time.

The setlist was great. They played a lot of songs I've never heard live before like "It's Easy To Sleep When You're Dead," "Hello From Inside A Shell," "I Was Watching Your Eyes," and the new full band version of "Fable of the Bull." Awesome. :) :) Other songs included "Old People In The Cemetary," "Jennifer Louise," and "Honeymoon In San Francisco." The surprise being a track from the Early 4-Track Recordings album, which did not sound out of place at all with their newer material. It was fantastic!

I'm glad they played other tracks like "This Feeling" and "The Peacock Parasols" which, in my opinion, sound incredible live. Dottie's keyboards really stand out in these tracks.. it is nice and loud.. and it makes the songs a lot more enjoyable.

I was surprised by the cover of Pavement's "Cut Your Hair" in the encore. Usually they don't seem to cover songs that recent (except for the Elf Power one).

In closing, it was a wonderful wonderful show. Thank you Kevin, Dottie, and the crew for coming to my state. I hope you come back soon. :)

Andrew

washermootootwitsoop
04-10-2003, 05:24 PM
they busted out a sweet cover of talking head's "wild life" at the Human BBQ show in philly too. i wonder if the covers are gonna be their schtick for this tour? kevin also busted out a little "sweet child o' mine" (or at least the opening METAL riff) near the end of the show and it was mucho badass metal [i]Text

...also, kevin mentioned the name of the fable of the bull song is "the black amoreth" (hope i got the spelling right)

Bananas
07-20-2010, 11:49 PM
These people have mad cred for liking oM back in 03.