• Woot!
  • Worried
  • Yeehaw
  • Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
      dolemites_sister Guest
      I am:
      Happy!

Default I just need to vent!!!

Okay, I can't quit thinking about this so I'm going to vent to my internet buddies...

I was up for this promotion at my current place of employment. The promotion was responsiblities that I had already been doing for about 3 years for free with no pay raise. So when the promotion came up, I was ready to get some more money for something I was already doing. There is someone I work with who has only been there for about 1 1/2 years (I've been there 4 years), and she is a hard worker, but she doesn't have the experience I have and she is a bit of a brown noser. Well, I guess you can see where this is going... She got the promotion! A job I've been doing for FREE!!! I am probably going to have to train her to do some of my jobs!!!! Not to mention, I'm broke all the time!!!!

It is against everything I believe in to stick around at this place, but the economy is so bad that I can't really afford to quit!

I don't know what to do. Its hard for me to even go back there. It was even harder for me to keep my mouth shut when my boss told me I had no drive or ambition! What does she know about me?

Argh!!!! Thanks for letting me vent!

Freakboy Guest
      I am:
      Happy!

i think your cool so i'll help!
      i think you should just swallow your pride. be nice. be glad she got a promotion, even if shes young b!tch or whatever.
      You'll get your chance, if you really are a hard worker. I dunt really know what else to say, ive never had a job i 14. :P
      hope that helps!

dolemites_sister Guest
      I am:
      Happy!

Thanks... It just really sucks having to train someone for something you are already doing... Anyway, this experience has definetly jump started my desire to go back to school to get my teaching certificate.. At least I know I will be helping people instead of passing off crappy products to the consumer...

dolemites_sister Guest
      I am:
      Happy!

hehehe... That's not a bad idea either... I don't know.. I am going to try to kill her with kindness... I am just not a mean heartless back stabber like others there are.. Maybe she'll feel guilty...

That's the only thing I can think to do.. Because the last thing I want to look like is a spoiled sport... That would be too gratifying for her....

opopopo Guest
      I am:
      Happy!

i can SO relate jenn!

last year i worked at the calgary stampede (kind of a fair dealy) as a vendor ("peanuts, popcorn! ice cold coca cola here!") (shut up, the tips were good) and my supervisor mysteriously vanished... i had to take over at no extra pay, and i was reasonably cool with it. then a day before the end, my supervisor comes back with a story so ridiculous about having to fly to wherever to marry his gay lover (it sounds like i'm joking but i'm not), and they ended up paying him a whole heaping lot more than they paid me... they paid the dude vacation pay for running off unannounced to get married? they paid me minnimum wage for being a supervisor with the excuse that "well heather, youre not 18, so we can't officially make you supervisor... bla bla bla..."?! so they made me do a job i wasnt supposed to do which was way more work than i would have normally had to do and took away time from my vending duties (not to mention the gracious tips involved) paid me dirt for it, and paid this jerk twice as much for doing absolutly nothing at all!

wow, i had some pent up anger there...

anyways jenn, you seem like way too nice a person to go after anyone with a stapler (though that really does sound appealing), so i dont know!
      you could always find a cheap pshycic to tell you what to do

dolemites_sister Guest
      I am:
      Happy!

Its just that she is so awful!!! She's a real troublemaker. She's always starting some gossip, and then acting like she's not the one who got the ball rolling. It started the first couple of weeks she started working, and now its come to this. I heard her say she deserved the job more than anyone else in the lab! Who would say that out loud to their fellow employees?!?!?

Well, we'll see how today goes. I have to go off site in a car with her... Its going to be really uncomfortable.... I'm not one known to keep my mouth shut....

I know.. I need a giant piece of gum!!!

ladylamentingonalawnchair Guest
      I am:
      Happy!

Well, I wish I could just tell you to quit your job, but the job market being as it is, that's probably not practical. But if having this colleague promoted is making your workplace a bad and hostile environment that makes you angry and unhappy all the time, maybe it's time to go back to school. Or, you know, start a goat farm.

dolemites_sister Guest
      I am:
      Happy!

hehe.. Well today was day 1 of revenge. When one of the instruments we use broke down, she was asking for help and I told her I didn't know how to fix it even though I did. hehee...

But I still don't do a good job of being mean to people.. Its just not in my nature...

I think its a sign.. Someone is telling me this isn't the place for me to work... So I'm actively looking for employment and I am considering getting my teaching certification...

opopopo Guest
      I am:
      Happy!

youre so evil! hehe, way to go!
      if you just cant be mean enough, then just leave revenge upto karma... she'll get whats comming to her!

i think you'd be a great teacher! go for it! it sounds like thats what you really want to do.

good luck good luck good luck!

perfectbrokenmirror Guest
      I am:
      Happy!

awesome! i've done that before to people who piss me off...lie about things i know how to do or just play the idiot (i am an idiot though..).

my advice - go back to school and get your teaching certificate. i know the economy is in horrible condition and that money is needed to survive in this world. but regardless of all that life is short and time should be spent enjoying it and not loathing it.

hope everything works out and i'm excited to hear about day 2 of revenge.

c.s.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast