• Vilified
  • Volatile
  • Wasted
  • Wicked
  • Woot!
  • Worried
  • Yeehaw
  • Poll: Describe your feelings:

Be advised that this is a public poll: other users can see the choice(s) you selected.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
      Abel is offline Senior E6er
      I am:
      Crappy

Mad Star Wars: The Last Jedi

Who else saw this very, very bad and awkward movie? It had like three great parts that were proven pointless and were totally squandered within minutes, and the rest either lacked focus, was hokey, or was overtly cringe-worthy. When the movie ended, generally speaking, nothing was different from when it began.

But hey, it has a 93% rating on Rotten Tomatoes, with sparkling praise like "tolerably good," "watchable," "muddled," and that it will make you "relatively happy" with its "distracting filler" (actual quotes from positive reviews on rottentomatoes.com). I no longer have any faith in critics.

Lepy is offline Senior E6er
      I am:
      Bitchy

Follow Lepy On Twitter

haven't seen it yet, but i liked the previous movie. i'm no film intellectual guy so i don't think i'd care about whether things are different in the end of the movie, as long as it made me feel good. but i guess it depends on what happens.

i've been pretty excited for it. ALSO i've never seen any of the pre-disney star wars movies, can you believe it????

Abel is offline Senior E6er
      I am:
      Crappy

The Force Awakens was great. And I don't think you need to be a film buff to expect some kind of story progression after 2.25 hours of your time has been used up.

I see a lot of people complaining online because they chose not to answer the questions that Star Wars fans have been expecting to be answered, or they answered them in really boring ways. Like people are pissed that their very specific theories about Snoke's background or Rey's parentage didn't come exactly true. Why should a movie be exactly what the fans expected? I'm just annoyed that the plot was bad and disjointed, people died for absolutely no reason, some key characters were not advanced whatsoever, and it overall just came off like someone's really amateur fanfic. The opening scene could've been in Spaceballs.

I am:
      Bitchy

Follow Lepy On Twitter

Who directed this one? Someone told me it wasn't JJ Abrahams.

IAmAnEngine is online now Senior E6er
      I am:
      Sad

Follow IAmAnEngine On Twitter Add IAmAnEngine on Facebook

The Force Awakens sucked really bad and this one was marginally better but still pretty god awful. Im just glad they killed off every interesting character and left the two I didnt really care for.
      I envision a utopian society where everyone shuts their lips, does the Helen Keller and talks with their hips.

soniclovenoize is offline Senior E6er
      I am:
      Fine

Follow soniclovenoize On Twitter Add soniclovenoize on Facebook

Saw this yesterday, and Disney really ruined Star Wars, didn't they? It's now painfully obvious that the only thing that made Force Awakens great was JJ Abrams. Because Last Jedi was not good.

SPOILERS BELOW (why are you in this thread if you didn't see it yet?)

Some of the things that bothered me:

- The dumb humor. While all the Star Wars films weren't specifically humorous, they admittedly had what I'd call chuckle-moments. Otherwise, it's fairly serious, light-heated seriousness. Here, they've really pushed the humor. It makes a really awkward juxtaposition with a mostly-serious franchise, and breaks continuity. That shit with Poe pretending to be on hold, waiting to speak to Commander Ginger, was fucking awful. Why are characters referencing our culture? No.

- Likewise is Luke. Why is Luke so snarky? Did he just become a clever asshole in the last 30 years? Or maybe Mark Hamil forgot that his character was at first a kinda dweeb in Star Wars and then was super-serious in Return of the Jedi. Maybe Mark is confusing this role with The Joker? idk...

- The overly dramatic villains. The first battles within the first 10 minutes, the overacting to make the New Order commanders evil is ridiculous. We already know who the fucking New Order is, they don't need to be all "muhhhh haaaah haaaah! Kill the rebels!" . Watch the original trilogy: all the Empire commanders were simply stuffy soldiers, and didn't need to act overly-evil. They were kinda just doing their job. Again, breaking continuity.

- Cute cuddly CGI creatures. Get the fuck off my Star Wars.

- wtf was Laurna Dern doing there? What a pointless character. I was just waiting for her to say "Fuck you Tammy" but it never happened...

- facebook friend pointed out: why didn't Poe tell anyone what he was doing? Surely they could have came up with a BETTER PLAN???

- Question: how is it that the Jedi/Sith in the film who more or less did NOT have ANY official training from an ACTUAL Jedi/Sith master, pull off the most incredible and logic-defying Force magic bullshit of the entire fucking franchise??? Let's break it down:

1) Leia who, although has the force in her, has had NO FUCKING JEDI FORCE TRAINING magically survive the cold vacuum of space? Why didn't ANY FUCKING JEDI IN THE LAST EIGHT MOVIES just do this AT ANY TIME? If an untrained Leia can survive fucking space, why can't the Emperor survive falling into a fiery engine thingy? Or Anakin's limbs survive lava? Yeah I guess a Sith can die if their body temperature burns up, but a Jedi can't die if they cool below zero?

2) Snoke... who the fuck taught you the Dark Side? Who the fuck taught you to do ALL THIS SUPER-FORCE BULLSHIT?? The Sith was gone; they come in twos, and both the Master (Emperor) and apprentice (Vader) died. There was no Sith to teach Snoke this super-Force garbage. But even if there was, let's think about this: if he could seriously connect the minds of Rey and Kilo Ren--from opposite sides of the galaxy btw--why didn't he just simply know the planet Rey--and Luke--was on? Why not, instead of playing stupid mind games with his apprentice, just GO KILL REY AND LUKE and not waste time? And of course his Sith Mind Trick can connect two people halfway across the galaxy, but he can't notice a lightsabe turning towards him when it's sitting right next to him? No.

3) Luke. OK, let's be real here: how much training did Luke actually have? Three days of training from Obi Won in the first film and like maybe a week of training from Yoda? Let's face it: Luke was NO Jedi master. He was NEVER qualified to train ANYONE. So HOW THE FUCK did he do that shit in the end? If Luke, who only had essentially 10 days of actual Jedi training, was able to do THAT, why couldn't fucking Obi Won or Yoda or Mace Windu do that shit to the Emperor at ANY TIME IN THE LAST 6 MOVES? Because fuck you, that's why.
      Last edited by soniclovenoize; 12-29-2017 at 06:45 PM.
      The Curiously Strong Peppermints (psychedelic-pop) - http://cspm.bandcamp.com
      Mine (psychedelic indie stoner prog) - https://mineminemine.bandcamp.com/

soniclovenoize is offline Senior E6er
      I am:
      Fine

Follow soniclovenoize On Twitter Add soniclovenoize on Facebook

And to address the issues that Abel brought up, which people are upset that they weren't answered:

1) I liked how Rey comes form no one of importance. it made it her weakness that Kilo could exploit, but it also says that you don't have to come from greatness to be great yourself. I approve of that. Not every character needs to be descended from another.

2) Snoke, I was just simply curious because if he was going to be depicted as the new Big Bad, then it'd be nice to know what his backround is. If anything, because of the continuity error I pointed out: there were no Sith lords to teach him, Vader had broken the chain of The Rule of Two. But for context, It also bothers me not knowing Darth Maul's backstory and that he died after barely doing much of anything.
      The Curiously Strong Peppermints (psychedelic-pop) - http://cspm.bandcamp.com
      Mine (psychedelic indie stoner prog) - https://mineminemine.bandcamp.com/

I am:
      Bitchy

Follow Lepy On Twitter

Quote Originally Posted by soniclovenoize View Post
      SPOILERS BELOW (why are you in this thread if you didn't see it yet?)
      BECAUSE I LOVE THIS FORUM OKAY :'(
      geez!!!!!

nighsgrandmother is offline Senior E6er
      I am:
      Wicked

I'm with all the complaints about this film, sonics rant there etc etc. But I'm gonna say it, I actually didn't hate this film. It's Disney Star Wars. Take a grain of salt with it and just let it go. Eveyone on the internet seems to despise the last Jedi. Eveyone I know in person seems to like it. Fuck it. It's Star Wars. I'm going to keep seeing these movies forever.

lenn9o9n is offline Senior E6er
      I am:
      Cloud 9

Add lenn9o9n on Facebook

Still haven't seen it, or the last one. All I care about is that James Earl Jones is still alive.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast