• Worried
  • Yeehaw
  • Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
      SergeantBaker is offline Junior E6er
      I am:
      I'm Where?

Follow SergeantBaker On Twitter

Default My story about finding Nesey.

If you have ever lived in or visited Ithaca NY it is known to be a fairly rainy city, already fitting into Nesey's style of music. In Ithaca there is a record store; Angry Mom Records. There they have a rack of one dollar cd's. In browsing them one day I came across "Eyes and Eyes and Eyes Ago". The cover and track list seemed interesting and without knowing what I was buying, I picked it up. Needless to say, I was enamoured. At the time I was falling in love with the girl I am still with 4 years later, going to high school in this rainy town, and dealing with the death of my mother. His music gave me sanctuary and the sensation that someone understood my emotions and my perceptions, at a time when I felt lost, misunderstood, and insecure.

Once I had a dream about "Eyes and Eyes and Eyes Ago". My girlfriend and I were taking a road trip to Maine and we listened to the album the whole way there. This is far-fetched only because she really doesn't like music very much. But in my dream she understood what the music meant to me and how it made me feel. I have never been to Maine, but I have always wanted to go there. It has an outward melancholy, I'm sure I'm not the only one that see's this. In fact I think Nesey's music is a great reflection of Maine's "outward melancholy".

Since those times I have continued to enjoy "Eyes and Eyes and Eyes Ago" and have acquired "Two Bicycles" (which I love). When my mind needs a break I find myself coming back to "Eyes and Eyes and Eyes Ago" to keep my ears occupied and some type of project to keep my hands busy. It is hard for me to express just how much his music means to me. I hope that other people can understand how I feel, and appreciate his music as much as I do.

P.S.
      Nesey, if you read this, I could never thank you enough. Hopefully I make it to Maine someday and you happen to be playing a show. If so, I can assure you I will be there.

Ray Baltimore is offline Senior E6er
      I am:
      Psychedelic

Quote Originally Posted by SergeantBaker View Post
      If you have ever lived in or visited Ithaca NY it is known to be a fairly rainy city, already fitting into Nesey's style of music. In Ithaca there is a record store; Angry Mom Records. There they have a rack of one dollar cd's. In browsing them one day I came across "Eyes and Eyes and Eyes Ago". The cover and track list seemed interesting and without knowing what I was buying, I picked it up. Needless to say, I was enamoured. At the time I was falling in love with the girl I am still with 4 years later, going to high school in this rainy town, and dealing with the death of my mother. His music gave me sanctuary and the sensation that someone understood my emotions and my perceptions, at a time when I felt lost, misunderstood, and insecure.

Once I had a dream about "Eyes and Eyes and Eyes Ago". My girlfriend and I were taking a road trip to Maine and we listened to the album the whole way there. This is far-fetched only because she really doesn't like music very much. But in my dream she understood what the music meant to me and how it made me feel. I have never been to Maine, but I have always wanted to go there. It has an outward melancholy, I'm sure I'm not the only one that see's this. In fact I think Nesey's music is a great reflection of Maine's "outward melancholy".

Since those times I have continued to enjoy "Eyes and Eyes and Eyes Ago" and have acquired "Two Bicycles" (which I love). When my mind needs a break I find myself coming back to "Eyes and Eyes and Eyes Ago" to keep my ears occupied and some type of project to keep my hands busy. It is hard for me to express just how much his music means to me. I hope that other people can understand how I feel, and appreciate his music as much as I do.

P.S.
      Nesey, if you read this, I could never thank you enough. Hopefully I make it to Maine someday and you happen to be playing a show. If so, I can assure you I will be there.
      You could probably send him this over Facebook. He used to come on here semi-frequently, but due to work and family, he hasn't been able to.

If you check out his bandcamp, WHEN I WAS AN ICE SKATER is incredible, imo his opus more or less. I've got to meet Nesey before, and unlike any musician or artist, he is exactly like what I hoped he would be -- kind, soft-spoken, and just an incredible guy. I still don't understand how his music hasn't taken off in some way, because it is amazing material.
      Quote Originally Posted by BrainDamege View Post
      I was high when I was posting last night.

I am:
      I'm Where?

I have been in contact with him a little bit. I should be getting a letter back from him in the coming weeks. I have been dabbling into the bandcamp stuff slowly, saving some stuff to get into when I'm looking for something more fresh. Have you seen "Present"? If not it is available to watch for free on Vimeo, I think it compliments the feeling of his music. Good stuff.

nighsgrandmother is offline Senior E6er
      I am:
      Wicked

Nesey's music is very special! Present is a pretty wonderful film as well. I always enjoy watching it in the autumn. Also, I miss when he use to visit this place. He would always respond to almost everyone's asked questions. Really a stand up gent! Pretty jealous about you meeting him Ray!

Ray Baltimore is offline Senior E6er
      I am:
      Psychedelic

Quote Originally Posted by nighsgrandmother View Post
      Nesey's music is very special! Present is a pretty wonderful film as well. I always enjoy watching it in the autumn. Also, I miss when he use to visit this place. He would always respond to almost everyone's asked questions. Really a stand up gent! Pretty jealous about you meeting him Ray!
      I was so thankful for getting to. He was living in my hometown at the time, and I had actually conducted an interview with him through Townhall. He used to have his tea appreciation thread, those were the days :'(
      Quote Originally Posted by BrainDamege View Post
      I was high when I was posting last night.

I am:
      I'm Where?

Tea appreciation thread? That sounds awesome, I wish I knew of him and this forum earlier!

one-headedboy is offline Senior E6er
      I am:
      Breezy

My story about Nesey is that I really like his music and then both times I mail-ordered from him it literally took over a year. lol. though the first time he sent me some other things to make up for it, but still.

THE END.
      Are you sad about your mountain? ̹̫̰̪̰̝̭̒̌ͫ̈ ̖̱̩̟̣̝͖̯̱͋̂̈́̅͟͝d̬͍̍ͬ̆ͮ̂̀͡͞ ̈́͂̌̉͏̶̟͔̹̫̳t̥̮͖͌ͭͦ̂ͩͨ́̐͝͞?̵̧͈̹̫̰̪̰̝̭̒̌ͫ̈ ̖̱̩̟̣̝͖̯̱͋̂̈́̅͟͝d̬͍̍ͬ̆ͮ̂̀͡͞ ̈́͂̌̉͏̶̟͔̹̫̳☻͉̪̾͌̇̉̋̍ͬ̏͆͆͒̄̀|͖̲͇̰̀ͬ̈́̃̂̅͆̌̎̈́͒ ̎͗̈͌ ͊͒ͧ͢͢|̢͌̿ͮͨ̂̓̇Was this a continent you liked?,
      Quote Originally Posted by Gotham View Post
      At the concert I saw he just said, "All I wanna say is, Sonic the Hedgehog. Just Once. Sonic the Hedgehog. Okay, Twice."
      ?̵̧͈̹̫̰̪̰̝̭̒̌ͫ̈ ̖̱̩̟̣̝͖̯̱͋̂̈́̅͟͝d̬͍̍ͬ̆ͮ̂̀͡͞ ̈́͂̌̉͏̶̟͔̹̫̳ |͆̆ͯ̓͐ͮ͛̀͊͗ͮ̈́̔̌͗|̡̉̈ͪ́͘

You had me at Helvetica.

Abel is offline Senior E6er
      I am:
      Crappy

I feel like this is the kind of thread Harnk would comment on. I fear the day.

nighsgrandmother is offline Senior E6er
      I am:
      Wicked

Quote Originally Posted by Ray Baltimore View Post
      He used to have his tea appreciation thread, those were the days
      That they were!

jared7 is offline Senior E6er
      I am:
      None

plug: be sure to check out his writing. i've reissued two of his books in the past year; 'wooden whispers' just this past week. you can get the books on his bandcamp.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast