• Worried
  • Yeehaw
  • Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast
      redonion is offline Junior E6er
      I am:
      Happy!

Follow redonion On Twitter

Mad Peter Erchick is a meanie!

So I ordered a CD off the PYSPYD online store two and a half months ago and Erchick never shipped it! Four weeks after ordering the CD, I sent him an email asking him to please send the CD -- he replied saying he had been on tour but he'd send it within the next week. But he never did! And now he won't reply to any of my emails! It's been two and a half months! Looks like I'm never going to get to listen to Special Fanfare.
      so red

seamantis is offline Senior E6er
      I am:
      Happy!

Bill Doss has just passed away. So if he is not replying to your emails right now, this is most probably why.

redonion is offline Junior E6er
      I am:
      Happy!

Follow redonion On Twitter

Right, I can empathize, but I mean, I ordered the CD way back in the beginning of June. I just think it's a really scummy way to treat a fan.
      so red

seamantis is offline Senior E6er
      I am:
      Happy!

Also, Bill was on tour until a couple of weeks ago. Bill passed away about a week and I half ago. He most likely has been pre-occupied with these things and has not checked his emails.

Releasing music in a DIY fashion does not always go to plan. I'm sure you will get your CD eventually.

Abel is offline Senior E6er
      I am:
      Crappy

Your mistake for expecting A+ customer service from a self-releasing artist who's on tour.

Gideonsmythe is offline Junior E6er
      I am:
      Happy!

Quote Originally Posted by Abel View Post
      Your mistake for expecting A+ customer service from a self-releasing artist who's on tour.
      I can categorically say that Peter is not a meanie. He's a smashing chap, he always has time to chat to fans at gigs and I've also had a few email conversations with him. It could be, for whatever reason, his email account is dumping you into his spam folder, so perhaps try a different email account before making your very badly-timed comment.

The E6 guys are currently mourning the loss of a very, very close friend so it really wouldn't be right to expect business as usual. Most of them have day jobs to juggle with their personal lives, touring (Peter is in Olivia Tremor Control and Circulatory System too don't forget) and recording the the 3rd OTC album. He's a very busy guy. Hold tight and take a deep breath my friend.

BrainDamege is offline Senior E6er
      I am:
      Happy!

you know... I think Olivia Tremor Control isn't wide spread (making it big) because they are not really "professionals". I do think maybe its just delayed because of Bill. Musicians have a skill and they offer a service. perhaps they don't want to be bound by a contract or are put off by all the copy rights but you know what? your putting in work, you get paid for your work, and practicing as a musician... very demanding work deserves very demanding pay. I would give it time but I do understand your frustration. I lost it when I waited super long to get some art work.

I thought you meant Peter was a jerk because of this one time when I met him... I asked Derek to sign my copy of black foliage and then he looked up at me questioningly because he didn't record on it (but he's still a part of otc especially to me!) and peter looked over at him and put his finger in front of his mouth and said "just sign man, don't ask" I should have just put him in his place and said "hey man I'm really smart and I know he didn't record on that album but I still want him to sign because he's part of the olivia tremor control that i'm seeing right now, I'm not some stupid groupie. I may be dressed in ballet tights hot shorts and a leotard but that's because i'm here to dance not because I'm stupid!!!!" but I just said "yeah it would be more appropriate for him to sign the pipes you see pipes you don't..." but I was kind of taken back. and I'm really smart like... A in anatomy smart...
      I know damage is spelled damage but I got too creative trying to utilize dame in brain dame age.

Hey BrainDamege, you're a good writer. Do you want to write news articles on my blog?

BrainDamege is offline Senior E6er
      I am:
      Happy!

i totally know how you feel though. and I'm sure he'll want to make it up to you. BELIEVE ME, it pays off. Kelley got me into a sold out show because I got so pissed when I didn't get some art work. it will pay off. I know how you feel it will get better. something good will come your way.

and its WAK they have to have day jobs. with that kind of talent, your talent should be paying the bills.
      I know damage is spelled damage but I got too creative trying to utilize dame in brain dame age.

Hey BrainDamege, you're a good writer. Do you want to write news articles on my blog?

crappybassist96 is offline Senior E6er
      I am:
      Festive

Follow crappybassist96 On Twitter

Circumstances notwithstanding, Pete is awful at e-mailing. I asked for a copy of Lost in the Pancakes in Athens once, and gave him my e-mail. A few months later he asked if I still wanted a copy. I said "yes," but he's yet to get back to me over a year later.

Abel is offline Senior E6er
      I am:
      Crappy

Since we're talking about how he's actually a jerk now, I once had a long conversation with him on Facebook chat and he told me not to tell anyone because he didn't want people messaging him all the time.

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast