• Worried
  • Yeehaw
  • Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
      hhbtmike is offline Senior E6er
      I am:
      Happy!

HHBTM April Newsletter 2011

HHBTM NEWSLETTER APRIL 2011

Lots of news since last time I did one of these. So let's just jump right in. New releases have come out by Marshmallow Coast, Orca Team, Afternoon Naps, and Eureka California as well the first HHBTM hoodie, and a new t-shirt design. Casper & the Cookies and Tunabunny did tours of the states, and Sourpatch went over to the UK. The Smittens "Coolest Thing About Love" went out of print on CD as did the debut Sweater Girls 7". Lots of new stuff coming out this spring / summer by Joe Jack Talcum, Fishboy, Madeline, Tunabunny, and Cars Can Be Blue.

OUT NOW
      Afternoon Naps - Summer Gang 7" (only 40 left)
      Funny enough this single only came out less than a month ago and it's almost already out of print. Don't see myself doing a repress as the sleeve took longer to complete than the single getting back from the plant. Two songs of summery fun with a matchbook fold 3 color silkscreen sleeve.

Eureka California - Modern Times EP 7"
      4 song single EP from Athens, GA new HHBTM signee Eureka California will have you thinking this an early Merge release. Perfect little slice of scuzzy early 90's indie rock. (less than 80 copies left already) comes in a three color silkscreen sleeve.

Orca Team - Vancouver B.C. 7"
      Portland, OR arctic surf band Orca Team release their debut 7" which brings to mind Santo & Johnny mixed with the perfection that is Buddy Holly with the most tasteful reverb heard since 1958. Don't miss out on this one, as it's gonna run you lots of money on ebay later.

Marshmallow Coast - Super Seniors & Juniors CD
      Andy Gonzales does his best to travel back in time by re-recording his debut album Seniors & Juniors but with an all-star Elephant 6 band and filling it with all the keyboards and drum machines he never thought to use the first time around.

HHBTM of Athens, GA t-shirt
      New design by Andy Hart. Same one we used for the hoodies back in the winter, but now on a t-shirt and priced to move. The shirts are a mix of Tultex and American Apparel with black ink on either yellow, white, or grey.

COMING SOON
      Fishboy - Classic Creeps LP
      This is going to sound nerdy, but Eric Michener aka Fishboy has made yet another concept record. This time the concept is that each song is about a character that has a name that starts with the letter A. The story of the first character winds down but the story of the second character picks up and starts at the end of the first song then this pattern follows until all the characters are connected in the song at the end. You can stream the album at www.classiccreeps.com to get a better idea. The pre-orders are winding down now, but the poster & button version of the pre-order is still available. This LP ships at the end of April.

Joe Jack Talcum - Home Recordings 1984-1990 LP
      First in a volume of 2 of Joe Jack Talcum's solo 4-track recordings. You might know Joe as the guitarist and sometimes singer from the Dead Milkmen. These songs that are compiled on these LPs are not as much in the realm of the Dead Milkmen is snotty humor, but they remind me a lot of the cassettes that Daniel Johnston once made. This record will have a pre-order going up middle of next week with it planned to ship out at the end of May.

Tunabunny - (Song for My) Solar Sister 7"
      The lead single from their upcoming album. I can't say much about it now, but this album is gonna be amazing.

SALE
      HHBTM is running a 1/2 off sale on all non-HHBTM distributed titles. So if it's not an official HHBTM release it's 1/2 off until the end of the month. Lots of good stuff at the site by tons of different labels.

MARK DOWNS
      HHBTM has also marked lots of back catalog down to half the price including CDs by Keith John Adams, Ashley Park, Baby Calendar, Birddog, Boyracer, Bugs Eat Books, Casper & the Cookies, Elekibass, Gwens, Ideal Free Distribution, Loch Ness Mouse, Lolligags, Love Letter Band, Marshmallow Coast, M Coast, Men in Fur, 63 Crayons, Velcro Stars, Visitations, and the No Parachute DVD.

HHBTM
      P.O.Box 742
      Athens, GA 30603
      www.hhbtm.com

Seventy72two is offline Senior E6er
      I am:
      Psychedelic

Last edited by Seventy72two; 08-11-2011 at 05:27 PM.
      I am bravery. I am courage. I am valor. I am daring. I am holding a thesaurus

I am a mystery, wrapped in an enigma, wrapped in a pita

danielfromberg.com
      https://www.facebook.com/danielfromberg

I am:
      Happy!

Red Face tunabunny

they will be touring through again this summer (later in the summer). i'll do better about posting tour dates in the future.

spiffy_kimbean is offline Senior E6er
      I am:
      Psychedelic

There's a distinct lack of Hug Abuse news, Mike!!

I am:
      Psychedelic

Quote Originally Posted by hhbtmike View Post
      they will be touring through again this summer (later in the summer). i'll do better about posting tour dates in the future.
      its my fault for being too young to be on face book

danielfromberg.com

I am:
      Happy!

Default tunabunny / hug abuse

quick update for the 3 people who follow the hhbtm threads

tunabunny - have a new 7" coming out in late may for (song for my) solar sister, and a cassette of non-album tracks and a live set from the athens popfest around the same time. their new album minima moralia will be out in early august with a east coast & midwest tour to follow.

hug abuse - (featuring brigette from tunabunny) will be taking a break for a bit. if you live near athens, ga come catch us in athens @ the caledonia lounge this wednesday may 4th for keenan's last show with us for some time. the show will be hug abuse, antlered auntlord (features scott & brigette from tunabunny), marshmallow coast, and cars can be blue.

spiffy_kimbean is offline Senior E6er
      I am:
      Psychedelic

I'll be there! :-D

I am:
      Psychedelic

i want to live in athens

danielfromberg.com

Freek is offline Senior E6er
      I am:
      Happy!

Add Freek on Facebook

I made an order

I am:
      Psychedelic

whens popfest coming. i think my dad will let me go to athens for it

danielfromberg.com

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast