• Woot!
  • Worried
  • Yeehaw
  • Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
      one-headedboy is offline Senior E6er
      I am:
      Breezy

Quote Originally Posted by jared7 View Post
      on vinyl or cd? i'm looking for it on vinyl, and i had thought it was out of print. i don't remember seeing it at the holiday surprise show, and it's been pretty pricey whenever i've seen it on ebay.
      Cd, you should email arena rock, perhaps they have a few extra copies laying around.

I am:
      Breezy

I actually emailed them:
      hi joe!

unfortunately i don't.

i had to purchase one for $25 here in portland about a year or so ago.

my ex-partner had some left (i think) but i have no idea where he is at this point.

i'd love to re-press but funds are low these days.

happy hunting!

cheers!

greg/arena rock
      Are you sad about your mountain? ̹̫̰̪̰̝̭̒̌ͫ̈ ̖̱̩̟̣̝͖̯̱͋̂̈́̅͟͝d̬͍̍ͬ̆ͮ̂̀͡͞ ̈́͂̌̉͏̶̟͔̹̫̳t̥̮͖͌ͭͦ̂ͩͨ́̐͝͞?̵̧͈̹̫̰̪̰̝̭̒̌ͫ̈ ̖̱̩̟̣̝͖̯̱͋̂̈́̅͟͝d̬͍̍ͬ̆ͮ̂̀͡͞ ̈́͂̌̉͏̶̟͔̹̫̳☻͉̪̾͌̇̉̋̍ͬ̏͆͆͒̄̀|͖̲͇̰̀ͬ̈́̃̂̅͆̌̎̈́͒ ̎͗̈͌ ͊͒ͧ͢͢|̢͌̿ͮͨ̂̓̇Was this a continent you liked?,
      Quote Originally Posted by Gotham View Post
      At the concert I saw he just said, "All I wanna say is, Sonic the Hedgehog. Just Once. Sonic the Hedgehog. Okay, Twice."
      ?̵̧͈̹̫̰̪̰̝̭̒̌ͫ̈ ̖̱̩̟̣̝͖̯̱͋̂̈́̅͟͝d̬͍̍ͬ̆ͮ̂̀͡͞ ̈́͂̌̉͏̶̟͔̹̫̳ |͆̆ͯ̓͐ͮ͛̀͊͗ͮ̈́̔̌͗|̡̉̈ͪ́͘

You had me at Helvetica.

Harnk is offline Senior E6er
      I am:
      Happy!

What shocked me about Elf Power is how so much of their music is shrouded in mystical nonza, yet their live shows are bare to the bones, and they all look like gas station attendants. Probably the worst live E6 show I have seen - and that doesn't bring me any joy in saying such a thing.

I just uploaded When the Red King Comes to my Ipod to revisit. It's been a good long time. This, however, does not mean I will be revisiting Kinsauce or Ross Beach. Maybe Fablefactory. It scares me how little I know about music that has been released in the past 3 years, bar a few bands which I follow religously. I've been content on listening to all of my CDs purchased prior to 2008.

I still like Walking With The Beggar Boys quite a bit. Back to the Web bored me, or perhaps I didn't give it a fair chance.

More pudding.

crappybassist96 is offline Senior E6er
      I am:
      Festive

Add crappybassist96 on Facebook

I actually really like Elf Power's live show, probably for the same reason you dislike it. It's really a basic rock show - no gimmicks, not even much dialogue; just songs. One of my favorite shows I've seen was them in the hole-in-the-wall Caledonia Lounge in Athens. It was packed, loud, and in July heat. It was wonderful.

AndrewSamson is offline Senior E6er
      I am:
      I'm Where?

Follow AndrewSamson On Twitter Add AndrewSamson on Facebook

Awesome album, nothing interesting to say since my friend just got me more into them. She sent me a bunch of rips of their CDs. I always liked In A Cave, but I haven't listened to their early stuff as much. I'd love to see them live someday.

I am:
      Breezy

just bought this on vinyl on ebay... supposedly still sealed. Really hoping I am not getting f'd over.
      Are you sad about your mountain? ̹̫̰̪̰̝̭̒̌ͫ̈ ̖̱̩̟̣̝͖̯̱͋̂̈́̅͟͝d̬͍̍ͬ̆ͮ̂̀͡͞ ̈́͂̌̉͏̶̟͔̹̫̳t̥̮͖͌ͭͦ̂ͩͨ́̐͝͞?̵̧͈̹̫̰̪̰̝̭̒̌ͫ̈ ̖̱̩̟̣̝͖̯̱͋̂̈́̅͟͝d̬͍̍ͬ̆ͮ̂̀͡͞ ̈́͂̌̉͏̶̟͔̹̫̳☻͉̪̾͌̇̉̋̍ͬ̏͆͆͒̄̀|͖̲͇̰̀ͬ̈́̃̂̅͆̌̎̈́͒ ̎͗̈͌ ͊͒ͧ͢͢|̢͌̿ͮͨ̂̓̇Was this a continent you liked?,
      At the concert I saw he just said, "All I wanna say is, Sonic the Hedgehog. Just Once. Sonic the Hedgehog. Okay, Twice."
      ?̵̧͈̹̫̰̪̰̝̭̒̌ͫ̈ ̖̱̩̟̣̝͖̯̱͋̂̈́̅͟͝d̬͍̍ͬ̆ͮ̂̀͡͞ ̈́͂̌̉͏̶̟͔̹̫̳ |͆̆ͯ̓͐ͮ͛̀͊͗ͮ̈́̔̌͗|̡̉̈ͪ́͘

You had me at Helvetica.

I am:
      Breezy

Quote Originally Posted by one-headedboy View Post
      I really want to hear "When the Red King Comes" and/or "It's been a million years." What a great closer.
      OH HEY I got to hear WtRKC on Monday night!!!!! so that dream came true.

You had me at Helvetica.

Birds...The silent killer is offline Senior E6er
      I am:
      None

I was pleasantly surprised that they did play When The Red King Comes. "Million Years" was played on one of the Holiday Surprise tours. I originally downloaded that album but left off that song and "Icy Hands." It was amazing to hear that complete LP, one of my favorites.
      Who knew that there would actually be a hell, and that it would be in New Jersey?

mirk is offline Senior E6er
      I am:
      Drunk

Several songs from this album were worked up for this year's tour with NMH. And they sound great.

I am:
      Breezy

between the two nights I got Red King, Icy Hands, Cosmic Space, and Temporary Fault I think. They really did sound great, it t'was awesome

You had me at Helvetica.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast