• Amazed
  • Amused
  • Angelic
  • Angry
  • Apprehensive
  • Approved
  • Asleep
  • Bashful
  • Bitchy
  • Blah
  • Bookworm
  • Bored
  • Breezy
  • Brooding
  • Chatty
  • Cheeky
  • Cheerful
  • Cloud 9
  • Cold
  • Confused
  • Cool
  • Crappy
  • Cynical
  • Daring
  • Dead
  • Depressed
  • Devilish
  • Doubtful
  • Drunk
  • Dunce
  • Festive
  • Fine
  • Foot in Mouth
  • Gay
  • Goofy
  • Grumpy
  • Ha Ha
  • Hacker
  • Happy
  • Horny
  • Hot
  • Hung Over
  • I'm Where?
  • In Love
  • In Pain
  • Innocent
  • Inspired
  • Lonely
  • Lurking
  • Mad
  • Mellow
  • Nerdy
  • None
  • Ornery
  • Paranoid
  • Pensive
  • Psychedelic
  • Question It
  • Relaxed
  • Roflol
  • Sad
  • Scard
  • Shh!
  • Shocked
  • Sick
  • Sleepy
  • Sneaky
  • Starving
  • Stressted
  • Stuck
  • Sunshine
  • Suspicious
  • Talkative
  • Tell the Hand
  • Tired
  • Tolerant
  • Torn
  • Twisted
  • Vilified
  • Volatile
  • Wasted
  • Wicked
  • Woot!
  • Worried
  • Yeehaw
  • Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    Results 21 to 30 of 54
    1. #21
      Chad Patio is offline Senior E6er
      I am:
      Happy!
       
      Join Date
      Jul 2008
      Location
      Louisville, KY
      Posts
      110

      Default

      Quote Originally Posted by Acrophobic Bird View Post
      And even if he is, being "well informed" in art requires nothing more than 40 thousand dollars of your parents money and the patience to write bullshit critiques for four years on a bunch of paintings that you never would've heard of or cared about if some professor hadn't thrown it up on a power point in front of a bunch of apathetic twenty somethings who are probably too busy texting people and thinking about drugs to appreciate any of the supposed "artistic merit."
      Ahahahahahaahahah!!!!! Zing!

    2. #22
      soniclovenoize's Avatar
      soniclovenoize is offline Senior E6er
      I am:
      Fine
       
      Join Date
      Feb 2004
      Location
      Minneapolis, Minnesota, United States
      Posts
      8,543
      Follow soniclovenoize On Twitter Add soniclovenoize on Facebook

      Default

      Quote Originally Posted by Acrophobic Bird View Post
      And even if he is, being "well informed" in art requires nothing more than 40 thousand dollars of your parents money and the patience to write bullshit critiques for four years on a bunch of paintings that you never would've heard of or cared about if some professor hadn't thrown it up on a power point in front of a bunch of apathetic twenty somethings who are probably too busy texting people and thinking about drugs to appreciate any of the supposed "artistic merit."
      You know, it took me 20 thousand dollars of the Government's money, and you toally just described my one art class.
      The Curiously Strong Peppermints (psychedelic-pop) - http://cspm.bandcamp.com
      Mine (US) (psychedelic indie stoner prog) - http://mine-us.bandcamp.com

    3. #23
      samanthafayIFD's Avatar
      samanthafayIFD is offline Senior E6er
      I am:
      Happy!
       
      Join Date
      Jul 2006
      Location
      Lexington, KY
      Posts
      258

    4. #24
      djey308's Avatar
      djey308 is offline Senior E6er
      I am:
      Shh!
       
      Join Date
      Nov 2007
      Location
      va
      Posts
      164

      Shock

      Quote Originally Posted by Acrophobic Bird View Post
      You don't really need to be "smart" or "well informed" to call an artist derivative or insist someone just likes a musician's art because they like the musician. Those are just vapid "hey look at me pretending I'm more knowledgeable of the fine arts than you are" things to say.

      Art is so subjective anyway that calling someone "derivative" is essentially meaningless unless you can show that they are derivative in a vacuous sense or so derivative of a particular artist as to constitute a "rip off." But of course Harnk or whatever will never come through with the goods because he doesn't actually know anything about "art" and even if he did who the hell cares? Art is as institutional and dogmatic as anything else. What does it even mean to be "derivative" in a field where you can throw a dead shark in a tank of Formaldehyde and literally call it "The Physical Impossibility of Death in the Mind of Someone Living" (with no sense of irony) and be a respected artist? You really think there's some objective standard that you can just summarily judge an artist like Will Cullen Hart as "derivative" based on? What would it be? Some nebulous criteria that Harnk is never actually going to outline but rather rely on his pompousness to make people infer that he's "well informed" even though he probably isn't? And even if he is, being "well informed" in art requires nothing more than 40 thousand dollars of your parents money and the patience to write bullshit critiques for four years on a bunch of paintings that you never would've heard of or cared about if some professor hadn't thrown it up on a power point in front of a bunch of apathetic twenty somethings who are probably too busy texting people and thinking about drugs to appreciate any of the supposed "artistic merit."

      But go ahead, Harnk. Lay it on us. Let's hear your brilliant artistic analysis, because a guy like you who is "smart" enough to think that nobody's ever bought the work of Pollock or Picasso or Magritte or Warhol or Dali or Steadman or Klimpt or Klee or Glorp or Gloo just because of the name it was attached to probably has some real eye-opening shit to say about the work of Will Cullen Hart.
      good work. :shock:
      Last edited by djey308; 07-06-2010 at 08:41 PM.
      5318008

    5. #25
      AndrewSamson's Avatar
      AndrewSamson is offline Senior E6er
      I am:
      I'm Where?
       
      Join Date
      Jan 2011
      Location
      Franklin, MA
      Posts
      2,492
      Follow AndrewSamson On Twitter Add AndrewSamson on Facebook

      Default

      Bumpity bump. Anyone know where I can find the first one? God I love his art.

    6. #26
      j_brodu is offline Senior E6er
      I am:
      Happy!
       
      Join Date
      Jul 2011
      Location
      california
      Posts
      586

      Default

      Quote Originally Posted by AndrewSamson View Post
      Bumpity bump. Anyone know where I can find the first one? God I love his art.
      I'd love to have this too.. it seems it was available from Cloud in very limited quantities for just a little while.

    7. #27
      AndrewSamson's Avatar
      AndrewSamson is offline Senior E6er
      I am:
      I'm Where?
       
      Join Date
      Jan 2011
      Location
      Franklin, MA
      Posts
      2,492
      Follow AndrewSamson On Twitter Add AndrewSamson on Facebook

      Default

      Quote Originally Posted by j_brodu View Post
      I'd love to have this too.. it seems it was available from Cloud in very limited quantities for just a little while.
      Yup, that's all I know. Time to do some hunting!

    8. #28
      j_brodu is offline Senior E6er
      I am:
      Happy!
       
      Join Date
      Jul 2011
      Location
      california
      Posts
      586

      Default

      Quote Originally Posted by AndrewSamson View Post
      Yup, that's all I know. Time to do some hunting!
      You won't find it... I'vespent tons of time looking for it. Hopefully it will show up on eBay some day!

    9. #29
      AndrewSamson's Avatar
      AndrewSamson is offline Senior E6er
      I am:
      I'm Where?
       
      Join Date
      Jan 2011
      Location
      Franklin, MA
      Posts
      2,492
      Follow AndrewSamson On Twitter Add AndrewSamson on Facebook

      Default

      Meh. I'll ask Kelly if she knows anything. Or Robert for that matter. But hopefully on ebay someday! Bidding war!

    10. #30
      BrainDamege is offline Senior E6er
      I am:
      Happy!
       
      Join Date
      Oct 2010
      Location
      South Orange County California
      Posts
      4,076

      Default

      Quote Originally Posted by officeparty View Post
      wills paintings are legitimately good, regardless of who he is. i don't know about the stuff that he's put in his books but i've seen a handful of his paintings in person and they were great- even look like they could be suited for a gallery if he wanted them to be. obviously, that's my opinion but i am not biased by the WHO made it when it comes to art that i think is well done. though maybe your argument is that the poster only cares because it's will. i just find it un necessary negativity. and even if he does want it because will hart made it, who gives a fuck? rich assholes buy picasso's for the same reason.
      i find this post unnecessarily negative myself (not un necessary) but that's just me. whats so bad if i want art solely because I'm a fan of the artist's work? I mean, i think its good that people are willing to shell out the cash for him and want to. i feel like having wills art is like having an artifact. the same can be said for his home made cds. i have the silver one and I've listen to it a lot but its not in my top 5 albums played. i solely bought that because will made it. and I'm a HUGE HUGE fan of his work. I would buy anything in the world he was selling, **except for that one time i met him at a show (and got his AUTOGRAPH!!! AHH!) and he really smelled like liquor. I was NOT buying that.

    Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

    Bookmarks

    Posting Permissions

    • You may not post new threads
    • You may not post replies
    • You may not post attachments
    • You may not edit your posts
    •