PDA

View Full Version : circ system guitar sounds

BREWWINMOT
04-10-2007, 06:48 PM
does anyone know how will gets that nice, round fuzzy guitar sound? anyone have any idea what pedals are used?

charrrddddd
04-11-2007, 04:31 PM
i don't know which one he uses, but some nice fuzz pedals are any old electro-harmonix one and those fuzz face ones.

The0wlsgo
04-11-2007, 08:59 PM
i don;r know what they use either but the big muff is a great fuzz pedal

Aqualad
04-12-2007, 08:30 AM
agreed

just get a big muff

damonin
04-12-2007, 09:06 AM
i want a big muff. i have a snarling DOG right now... wich is good, but i would like an upgrade

rogersbowne
04-12-2007, 09:35 AM
too much muff can get caught in your throat.

damonin
04-12-2007, 11:54 AM
man, that is why you only go down on girls who are clean shaven!

bedbug
04-16-2007, 10:59 AM
I've got a NYC Big Muff I'm selling for pretty cheap. PM me.

whenthemagicsgone
06-03-2007, 11:10 PM
hey I've been doing some research on this but haven't found anything out in particular

i've always loved that guitar sound

if I had to guess i would say it's some type of fuzz into a cranked tube amp of some sort, recorded with probably an SM 57. People would do the cranked amp/fuzz combo a lot in the 60s like hendrix and page and it give a very full sound. Fuzz on its own is harsh, grainy and often thin sounding (big muffs being an exception). I would recommend a small low watt tube amp like a fender champ or gibson falcon and a fuzz pedal. First get the amp to have some distortion on the clean guitar sound, so close to or on 10. Then use a fuzz with a trebly tone to drive the amp, and adjust the bass on the amp. Usually tubes sound best when driven with a trebly sound, like the bridge pickup of your guitar will usually sound clearer and more satisfying. That's generally true, but the NMH sound is more of an unusual distorted sound because it's an acoustic guitar with a pickup that's overdriving a preamp or a 4 track or reel to reel input etc and has a very different but cool tonality which could be approximated by using the neck pickup with lots of (slightly trebly) fuzz on it. Just using a pedal usually won't give you a great guitar sound and many people, E6 definitely included, record tube guitar amps really loud to get that full sound.

Dihnekis
07-07-2008, 09:59 AM
Damn, great post as far as figuring out the way to get close to that sound.

damonin
07-07-2008, 07:14 PM
ive got a fuzz factory now, its a sweet pedal. http://zvex.com/fuzz.html

seamantis
10-16-2008, 09:00 AM
Big muff's are pretty great. They sound just as good on bass.