PDA

View Full Version : Win a copy of "Christmas with the Marbles"

el topo
11-17-2006, 07:12 AM
http://www.opticalatlas.com/marblescontest.html

Bi-Fi Records is offering 20 free copies of the Marbles Christmas single, Christmas Song b/w Holiday Mood, to readers of Optical Atlas. In this 7" vinyl release, Robert Schneider (The Apples in Stereo) provides two gorgeous melodies to brighten your holiday season.

All you have to do is send your name and shipping address to opticaljeff76@yahoo.com. Please include "Marbles Contest" or something similar in the subject heading, so we don't delete it by accident! International entries are welcome.

All entries must be received by midnight CST on Friday, December 8 to be eligible. Copies of the single will be mailed shortly thereafter. Good luck!

[Edited on 11-23-0606 by el topo]

relaxo
11-17-2006, 07:48 AM
Are foreign participants allowed?

el topo
11-17-2006, 11:15 AM
Yes!

marbles
11-17-2006, 12:53 PM
hi guys-- i want to clarify about the various holiday songs, as i received a few questions--

the marbles christmas single on Bi-Fi has "Christmas Song" which is really called "Gift for You" for the record, even though i didn't call it that on the single-- with an early version of the song "Holiday Mood" as the b-side-- well, it was supposed to be the b-side but the pressing plant messed up and the single has both songs on both sides, i guess if you listen to side 1 so many times that it wears out, then you can turn over the record and hear the same two songs unscathed so it was actually a good thing that it got pressed that way, right?

i wrote additional lyrics, re-recorded vocals and re-arranged Holiday Mood as an Apples song since then, which Yep Roc is giving away if you buy the double vinyl of New Magnetic Wonder, or pre-order the CD-- i thought the song deserved a more deluxe treatment to ready it for holiday play in living rooms and shopping malls :)

"Christmas Song/Gift for You" is only available on this seven inch, which is an incredibly limited pressing (i didn't even know there were any left in stock)--

i have a few more holiday songs in the works but was not able to finish them in time for release this year, maybe next year!

happy holograms everybody!!!!

love
robert schneider