PDA

View Full Version : New York Shows!

kuranes
09-28-2006, 01:22 PM
Oct 19 2006 9:00P (Thurs)
The Cake Shop New York, NY

Oct 20 2006 8:00P (Fri)
Union Hall Brooklyn, NY

If anyone is going to come to one of these shows, drop me a line!

[Edited on 9-29-0606 by kuranes]

emanresu
09-28-2006, 02:37 PM
wow

i'm going to try my hardest to be there on thursday.

Harnk
09-28-2006, 03:19 PM
YEE HAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

el topo
09-28-2006, 03:53 PM
Wow, are more dates going to be added?

emanresu
09-28-2006, 04:15 PM
I don't think my previous post emphasized just how excited I am about this. Going to college in New Jersey was a good plan after all. New York has so many good shows. And even if this is the only show I go to for the rest of the year, I'll be happy with it. Wow. Wowowowow

emanresu
09-28-2006, 04:19 PM
and I'm going to Mount Eerie in Philly the night before.

if I have to choose though, no question who's getting my vote

kuranes
09-28-2006, 05:57 PM
I think it said on New Sound of Numbers' myspace that they were looking for more East Coast tour dates/locations.

coctail
09-28-2006, 09:44 PM
So, let's see, about twenty days before Pitchfork has a good chance of running another Jeff Mangum did something story?

kuranes
09-28-2006, 10:34 PM
I removed one of the listings, I just found out that the show at the college was really tiny and would prefer it for students. So if you can, come to the Cake Shop & Union Hall show!

The Instruments' myspace page says that they are looking for East Coast tour booking help, so if you want them to come to you send them a message.

http://www.myspace.com/theinstruments

gwilym
09-28-2006, 11:33 PM
fuck. this month is awesome for shows. aka im going broke.

wingedfeetxc
09-30-2006, 11:03 AM
I will DEF. be at at least one of those....I'm so psyched now, I've been dying to see Cir. System forever.

jesse
09-30-2006, 07:38 PM
hi everyone, my name is jesse, I'm the one putting on the circulatory system/instruments/new sound of numbers show at sarah lawrence college. first off, thank you jon, I appreciate your help, I know there was some miscommunication along the way and I am sorry about that.

basically, yes this is a small college, and the room that the show is going to be in is pretty tiny. technically, the show is supposed to only be for students and registered guests. however, there is not going to be anybody staffing this show other than me, and I certainly will not be checking IDs or anything to make sure. of all the shows I have seen here, only two (mirah and, er, matisyahu) were overcrowded to the point of it being problematic. people from off campus have come to many shows in the past and it hasn't been an issue. so basically, if you don't go here and you want to come to this show, you can.

nevertheless, I relayed my initial hesitancy about publicizing this show to jon through a mutual friend because, as I said, nobody is staffing this show but me. if anything gets out of control, campus security will probably shut things down and I will likely have some difficulty setting up more shows here in the future. of course, I am fairly confident that e6 fans are probably not going to start fights, burn down the campus, and/or rape people. so yeah, sorry if things were sort of confused about the show. basically, y'all can come, but please just respect the fact that you are at a college and not a club. that was really my concern.

So, yeah. The show is going to be in Bates Basement (which is right by the entrance to the college - just ask a student where it is), and it is going to be starting at 7:30, not 8:00. My band, the wailing wall, is going to be opening (you can listen to some of our music at www.myspace.com/jesserifkin). and yes, the college is paying for the bands, which means that the show is free.

thanks!
jesse

[Edited on 10-1-0606 by jesse]

wingedfeetxc
10-01-2006, 08:28 AM
thanks so much for your generosity Jesse. What day is the show, however?

jesse
10-01-2006, 08:29 PM
oh yes, I guess it isnt posted here anymore. The show is Wed., October 18th.

graylovesgreen
10-06-2006, 08:11 AM
Has anyone been to the Cake Shop before? Is it 21+? Do I need to get tickets in advance? Is the CS show really at 1am? Who else is so excited they can't stop asking questions? (I'll refrain from starting a new query into when the album is coming out...)

tackledspoon
10-19-2006, 02:26 PM
Hey, if anybody is going to the Cake Shop show tonight, e-mail me (tackledspoon@gmail.com) and let me know. I'm going, but I have nobody to go with and it'd be cool to say hey to some forumers.

jml
10-19-2006, 10:18 PM
so, who were the board people at this show? was it the dude in the stripey shirt constantly taking photos? or was it the fellow in the fedora-like hat? i was originally gonna ask if it was any of the guys in the suit-coats, but then i realized that that was half the crowd. haw haw i'm a jerk.

good show, tho.

jml
10-19-2006, 10:34 PM
by the way, i was surprised by how empty it was. yeesh.

kuranes
10-20-2006, 07:58 AM
I was there wearing the straw hat, I might be who you mean. And my friend who was with me was the guy in the striped shirt. I don't know if he posts here?

If you see us again at the show tonight come say hi!

Oh also I want to say thanks to Jesse for the show at SLC. His band was really fantastic too, I'd recommend checking them out.

jml
10-20-2006, 08:01 AM
say, i'm good at profiling people! i should be a cop!