PDA

View Full Version : CS "Secret" Show

sloansimpson
08-28-2006, 09:14 AM
Just heard that Circulatory System is playing Friday night in Athens, at a "secret" venue (a basement that has cool shows). U2U if you need to know more.

willyum
08-28-2006, 02:11 PM
didn't see this post, just hit up the e6 forum. you taping?

sloansimpson
08-28-2006, 02:30 PM
Originally posted by willyum
didn't see this post, just hit up the e6 forum. you taping?

If I can get out of another taping commitment I'd already made. Most likely.

jlaird
08-28-2006, 02:34 PM
whats the other commitment??

willyum
08-28-2006, 02:56 PM
geoff reacher's last athens show mayhaps? (i'm having trouble deciding as well)

sloansimpson
08-28-2006, 04:41 PM
It's actually Garbage Island on that same bill that I was supposed to tape, but I hadn't heard that was Geoff's last show??

I actually was going to go see Geoff after the auxevent thing, but decided I could just do that this week . . .

willyum
08-28-2006, 05:40 PM
si, unfortunately it is :(
http://flagpole.com/Music/GeoffReacher/2006-08-23
i can't wait to get that new disc tho

dr.barfton
08-29-2006, 06:36 AM
please dont post in public forums anything about the secret location. please only use U2U for this or email..
for the secret location to exist it needs to remain a secret location
and we all know the first rule of the secret location is that it does not exist
top secret makes the plants grow taller!

floweredeyes
08-29-2006, 07:07 PM
its not that secret....

Harnk
08-30-2006, 10:09 AM
Originally posted by dr.barfton
please dont post in public forums anything about the secret location. please only use U2U for this or email..

RIGHT, THEN HOPEFULLY NO ONE WILL SHOW UP. I CAN SEE HOW THAT WOULD BE BENEFICIAL TO THE BAND.

lou2ser
08-30-2006, 10:16 AM
Originally posted by Harnk

RIGHT, THEN HOPEFULLY NO ONE WILL SHOW UP. I CAN SEE HOW THAT WOULD BE BENEFICIAL TO THE BAND.

He just doesn't want it posted online. If anyone in Athens doesn't already know where the venue is they can walk up to any music store or live music venue and ask.

sloansimpson
08-30-2006, 10:36 AM
Places like this in Athens have been shut down before once details appeared in print. Of course lots of people know about it, but the guy whose secret venue/house it is only asks that the address not be made public.

Harnk
08-30-2006, 10:51 AM
Originally posted by sloansimpson
Places like this in Athens have been shut down before once details appeared in print. Of course lots of people know about it, but the guy whose secret venue/house it is only asks that the address not be made public.

That's a slice or irony and feigned discretion rolled up into a box of rabbit shit

sloansimpson
08-30-2006, 11:00 AM

That's a slice or irony and feigned discretion rolled up into a box of rabbit shit
I'm sure when you open up your home for strangers to trash at zero profit because you love the music you're presenting, everything will be just perfect.

Congratulations on what an ass you always appear to be on the internet, one can only assume that you've worked very hard at it.

dr.barfton
08-30-2006, 11:49 AM
for the places to exist and be maintained they have to exist firmly planted between function and the big idea

secret location is not only a public space for performance but also a house and a business all it takes is for it to be not secret for this to all stop, or for the po-po man to catch wind and then kablaam the tickets and violations and homelessness ensues. and the dedicated fans drinking and puking and fucking at the secret location wont be around to offer their dollar bills, but will certainly lament just the same.

secret locations have to stay secret

harnk you make yourself to be a complete turd btw

Harnk
08-30-2006, 12:48 PM
for the places to exist and be maintained they have to exist firmly planted between function and the big idea

secret location is not only a public space for performance but also a house and a business all it takes is for it to be not secret for this to all stop, or for the po-po man to catch wind and then kablaam the tickets and violations and homelessness ensues. and the dedicated fans drinking and puking and fucking at the secret location wont be around to offer their dollar bills, but will certainly lament just the same.

Nope. If Circulatory System wants to play a low key no-tell show than they can go play in the broom closet to themselves. Or they can set up a whole imaginary tour where no one actually gets to see them and the secret show guy can go fuck himslef with a tornado wrench

sloansimpson
08-30-2006, 12:51 PM

Nope. If Circulatory System wants to play a low key no-tell show than they can go play in the broom closet to themselves. Or they can set up a whole imaginary tour where no one actually gets to see them and the secret show guy can go fuck himslef with a tornado wrench
I can assure you the room will be full. What a delight that you can't make it.

Harnk
08-30-2006, 12:59 PM
I wouldn't attend a secret show. The whole idea of it is embarassing. Nothing is that precious. Not even a fresh piece of pussy.

Harnk
08-30-2006, 01:00 PM
Plus, every idiot that bumped this thread should put some mustard on that irony. It'll go down better.

Harnk
08-30-2006, 01:01 PM

Wait...:P....you were the guy who made and failed to delete the thread. Me thinks you is an eediet

sloansimpson
08-30-2006, 01:02 PM
I wouldn't attend a secret show. The whole idea of it is embarassing. Nothing is that precious. Not even a fresh piece of pussy.
Well then I can't see why you'd bother boring us.

Harnk
08-30-2006, 01:04 PM
I reject that statement. You're return to the thread indicates that you care...that or you genuinelly don't want the show to be secret. But of course you should check with Dr Barton. He's running the show.

sloansimpson
08-30-2006, 01:06 PM

Wait...:P....you were the guy who made and failed to delete the thread. Me thinks you is an eediet
No, you've read wrong. The show is not secret, the F U C K I N G A D D R E S S is. I'm the guy that offered to send the info privately, which is totally within protocol. Therefore I've no need to delete any threads.

[Edited on 9-1-0606 by sloansimpson]

sloansimpson
08-30-2006, 01:08 PM
I reject that statement. You're return to the thread indicates that you care...that or you genuinelly don't want the show to be secret. But of course you should check with Dr Barton. He's running the show.
You still have a reading issue, but that's OK. Once again, the show itself is not secret (I think maybe the word "Secret" in the VENUE NAME may be confusing you). I can also assure that Dr. Barfton and I are on the same page with this, and the only one confused is you.

emanresu
08-30-2006, 09:28 PM
in other news

are there Dark Meat tour dates up anywhere?

emanresu
08-30-2006, 09:32 PM
yes. cloudrecordings.com.

thqnkw n=sudue//

derek
08-30-2006, 09:50 PM
there's a lot of anger in the air. i'm experiencing this in my own microcosm of life too. athens is really hot right now. and really dry;). i'm excited to get out of town soon. sloan, i hope you can make it to the show, but i know we just played, so, you gotta go where the show recording muse takes you. andy, i hope you can make it to the m coast/ elf power show, we should have another drink and chat about the state of things, f u c k ed up as they are.

imota
08-31-2006, 03:07 AM
i will never ever go to america, it was too huge, people were not nice, especially to asian ugly girl like me. (i think it's the same every country, but hey.)

even british people are more friendly and nice then american people. i just felt like this.

sloansimpson
08-31-2006, 04:01 AM
Originally posted by derek
there's a lot of anger in the air. i'm experiencing this in my own microcosm of life too. athens is really hot right now. and really dry;). i'm excited to get out of town soon. sloan, i hope you can make it to the show, but i know we just played, so, you gotta go where the show recording muse takes you. andy, i hope you can make it to the m coast/ elf power show, we should have another drink and chat about the state of things, f u c k ed up as they are.
Sorry for the anger on my part D, but I'll see you Friday for sure :cool:

beans45601
08-31-2006, 06:16 AM
are you talking about this show?

http://e6townhall.com/viewthread.php?tid=7084