PDA

View Full Version : hey everybody

greatlake
09-30-2003, 09:40 PM
hi folks. it's ben crum here, with a bit of an update. it's been a long time since i've looked at this page, and it's good to know that there are a few of you out there that are still interested. here's what's been going on: i'm living in new york, and having fun, but missing everybody down in athens. i've been playing with the essex green for the past several months. dan, who's back in athens after a year in san francisco, and i are still writing songs for a new great lakes record. jamey, dottie, and kevin are still doing the of montreal thing. the demos for their new record sound great--really rockin'. jamey's working on a record of his own, which so far, sounds amazing. he mostly plays all the instruments himself. his lyrics are really witty and emotionally revealing. bryan has an amazing new record coming out soon that's going to blow everybody away. scott and heather are busy being their amazing selves. heather's got her fingers in a bunch of musical pies, and scott just bought a house. so give him some props. ...and hopefully soon there'll be a new great lakes record. orange twin and track and field both seem into the idea of putting more great lakes into the world. and the nice folks at telegraph (the label that bought and now run kindercore) were kind enough to give us the rights back to our first record. we plan to re-release it in a limited quantity at the same time we put out a new one. we'll probably update the artwork and liner notes and stuff. so, if you've got the patience, then stay tuned and we'll get some new music to you as soon as we can. and, let's see.. after touring britain and scandinavia a couple of times, we finally did our first u.s. tour back in july. it went really well. we had a lot of fun, and were pleasantly surprised at how many people turned up at the shows. we'll definitely try to do that again for the next one. hopefully we'll make it out west, and maybe even up to the great lakes for a spiritual homecoming of sorts. so, that's pretty much it for now. thanks to everybody who listens to the music and comes to the shows. we really do love you, you know.

rickard
09-30-2003, 10:28 PM
wohoo! New Great Lakes! I can't wait

dolemites_sister
10-01-2003, 02:01 AM
Yay! I can't either! Its good to hear they will be putting out a new album! Hooray!

j

ladylamentingonalawnchair
10-01-2003, 08:41 PM
We who live around the great lakes love the Great Lakes! We're generous and even love The Sixth Great Lake!

henrikhhh
10-02-2003, 02:50 AM
hi ben! we hanged out in the little white partytent at emmaboda festival, remember? :D

[Edited on 10-2-2003 by henrikhhh]

greatlake
10-07-2003, 08:40 AM
hey, yeah i remember you. how are things? drop me an e-mail, if you'd like, at: bencrum@hotmail.com

henrikhhh
10-07-2003, 01:51 PM
i will