PDA

View Full Version : Snowglobe

Apple (in Stereo)
09-27-2003, 11:39 AM
Anyone heard about them?
I ordered they're CD, without listenig to one song in advance.
How are they?

William
09-27-2003, 02:45 PM
I've only heard one song from it, It sounds good. I thought about buying it once but I forgot about it. From the song I heard its good though.

Apple (in Stereo)
09-30-2003, 09:06 AM
Nice :D
Looking forward to recieving it :)

Apple (in Stereo)
10-08-2003, 07:46 PM
this is a record everyone should check out!

Apple (in Stereo)
10-26-2003, 07:55 PM
Originally posted by GrossDaddy57
My favorite song is Dream Works.

Mine too, I just found out.
And I really like Muse. It reminds me of something by AIS, for some reason.

thecauseofgauze
02-21-2007, 11:00 AM
anyone hear the newest album yet?

The0wlsgo
02-21-2007, 01:15 PM
i have have the newest one and its great

call me hi
02-21-2007, 03:17 PM
i loved their first one. great album, easily their best.

their second one took a bit to grow on me, but i ended up loving it.

i think they jumped the shark on the third one. the last song on it is just embarrassing. it's got some amazing songs (oxytocin, december ghost), but some horrible lyrics. it's essentially a solo album by brad postlethwaite; his songs have always been my favorite, but he seems to have become a caricature of himself on this one. some really over the top shit. i guess it can sound good if you don't think about it too much, or if it's the first album that you've heard by them.

ramble.

Plastic_hero
02-21-2007, 04:21 PM
Yeah, their first album is great and their best by a landslide. The other two are not bad, but not that special either. I have a soloalbum by Brad Postlethwaite (or how it's spelled) which is pretty good as well.

Well I guess I'm just rewording what call me hi said.

call me hi
02-21-2007, 04:43 PM
yeah, i was wondering about that postlethwaite solo album. pretty good, you say? how would you rank it with their last two albums? for some reason i'm imagining it to be more stripped down than snowglobe songs. is that true?

Plastic_hero
02-21-2007, 04:59 PM
geez, it's been a few years since I listened to it (well 1,5 years I think to be exact). I guess it's on par with the latest albums (I haven't listened to Oxytocin that much though). A bit more stripped down perhaps. Can't really remember. You can download Empty Burning for free on Makeshifts website. It's the best song on the album I think. Link (http://www.makeshiftmusic.com/brad1.mp3).
I guess that wasn't very helpfull at all, hehe. I think he has two other soloalbums that's not available for purchase. I mailed him once about it and he told me that he'd burn me copies, but he never did :(

emanresu
02-21-2007, 08:18 PM
wow when this thread was made, the circulatory system album had only been out for 2 years!