PDA

View Full Version : Elf Power European shows - the verdict?

indipop
06-08-2006, 03:03 PM
So, did anyone catch any of the European shows? What did y'all think? OK, I admit I'm using this as a front to relay the Brighton UK experience...

They played a ton of songs (way more than 20, could it have been as many as 30?!) and took very little time in between each one. Whereas sometimes this can come off as unfriendly/ uncommuncative - even alienating some of the audience, it had quite the opposite effect this evening. It was like a musical onslaught; bam, here's another, bam, check this one out... and you could really feel the crowd warming to them as the smiles all around got bigger and people started to move more and cheer louder. And just when you thought it couldn't get any better, another one hit you. Highlights of the set: Everlasting Scream, Serpent, Never Believe... and many many more. This was the first time I'd seen EP live - can't wait for the next one! Quite literally - awesome.

People are still talking about the show, and those who hadn't heard of them before (there were quite a few there) have been seeking out records. One local shop has sold over 20 copies of 'Web' to date (and, yes, that is a lot for a little shop in Brighton!).

kralmajales
06-09-2006, 07:32 AM
Awesome to hear...I was worried about the response in Europe when I heard they had to cancel Switzerland and Croatia.

Any news on that?

Roger

boyindrag
06-09-2006, 08:01 AM
i saw them in stockholm, sweden. unfortunately they only played for 30 minutes, but those 30 minutes where really great.

blonk
06-21-2006, 10:16 AM
hmm, I think its finally time for them to play in show in germany. Id really love to see them play live and for some odd reason, theyve never been here before.

[Edited on 6-21-0606 by blonk]

yvonne
06-21-2006, 12:45 PM
I saw them when they played in my hometown Kristianstad, Sweden.. it's not a very big town and unfortunately only around 30 people were there that Sunday. But it was really nice; it was the last show they played on the tour and it was Jimmy's birthday.. so they played (according to the setlist) 20 songs :)

Photos from the show:
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v344/Y1987/ep1.jpg
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v344/Y1987/ep2.jpg

[Edited on 09162005 by yvonne]