PDA

View Full Version : Best Elf Power album

nice man washing
09-10-2003, 07:44 AM
I've always thought I should get more into Elf Power. I did have 'A Dream in Sound' but didn't really give it much of a chance, so in my haste sold it. What's the rest of their stuff like?

William
09-10-2003, 10:22 AM
Same with me. I had "A Dream In Sound" for maybe 2 weeks and sold it, I just copied a couple of the songs I liked from it onto my computer, I was thinking about buying another Elf Power album though.

henrikhhh
09-10-2003, 02:52 PM
a dream... :)

friend
09-10-2003, 07:04 PM
a dream in sound is my fave, but they're all different. the winter is coming is heavier and trippier. when the red king comes is more lo-fi and warm and special with it's own kind of trips. the covers album is fun...

koeeoaddi there
11-10-2003, 02:57 PM
i love all their albums, although a dream in sound is probably my least favourite.

i remember on teh old board i posted how dissapointed i was with creatures, but its really grown on me.
very low key, but very good.

Harnk
12-15-2003, 08:09 AM
Winter Is Coming
When The Red King Comes
Dream In Sound

are all solid records. I'm digging Elf Power more and more.

prehistoric
01-28-2004, 02:30 PM
Got "When The Red King Comes" not long ago. Took a while to work it's magic on me but there are some definite gems on there and minimal filler drivel.

"A Dream In Sound" arrived yesterday and I think it's bloody great- give it another go, man!

haennric
01-29-2004, 04:42 AM
Yep, "A dream in Sound" is still my favourite, with songs like "Jane" and "O what a beautiful dream" it's hard to beat!

I have trouble getting into the "Vainly Clutching..." album, but those songs really turn out fine live on the other hand!

grimble gromble
01-29-2004, 11:05 AM
A Dream In Sound is pure beauty. I love how it blends bouncy playfullness with dark sadness. It's the album that introduced me the whole Elephant 6 thing. I also enjoy Winter is Coming and need to listen a bit more to Vainly Clutching and When The Red King Comes. I was a bit disappointed in Creatures... it seems like it's missing a bit of the majic and is more just a collection of songs to me than a cohesive album.

dolemites_sister
01-30-2004, 02:40 AM
The new album sounds intriguing though.. I really can't wait to hear it... What I read on Pitchfork really made me excited...
j