PDA

View Full Version : Marbles tour and Apples chords

marbles
02-21-2006, 12:11 PM
Hi everybody--

Marbles (that is, myself, my robots, Marci Mars, my stereo, my cloak, etc.) are playing three shows this week opening for the fabulous Of Montreal!!

I am really psyched to pump up the volume and hope to encounter some of you there!

The dates are:
Feb. 22 - Asheville, NC (Grey Eagle 7:30 p.m.)
Feb. 23 - Nashville, TN (The End 9:00 p.m.)
Feb. 26 - Newport, KY (Southgate House 8:00 p.m.)

I will also be premiering a couple of rough mixes from the new Apples album in my set.

Speaking of the new record, here is some other Apples in stereo information:

-We are holding off on releasing the new rarities compilation until after the release of our new record (which should be out in September).

-We will be printing an Apples songbook with lyrics and chords for all of our songs to coincide with the release of the new record, which we will sell on tour and online and such; this will be a BIG task as we have over 100 songs released i think, so if any of you have lyrics in text format please email them to our manager Dan Efram (dan@tractor-beam.com) and you will be rewarded in the after-life (and credited in the songbook).

Okay that's it, you guys come out to the shows and flag me down so we can bond.

love
robert schneider

[Edited on 2-21-2006 by marbles]

strutter
10-24-2007, 04:35 PM
Whatever happened with this songbook idea?

quixoticgoat
03-14-2008, 05:15 PM
oh damn. that WOULD be pretty awesome. i'd buy it.

el topo
03-17-2008, 07:38 AM
The songbook is still happening. I did an interview with Robert in December (which will be uploaded as a podcast on Optical Atlas before too much longer) in which I ask him about it, and he says he hasn't forgotten about it, basically.

blasticpubble
03-25-2008, 07:55 PM
I was at the Southgate House show in which Marbles opened up for Of Montreal, and this was before I had heard Expo, so it was all new non-Pyramid Landing stuff for me at the time. I didn't know that new Apples stuff was premiered then. Does anyone know which New Magnetic Wonder songs appeared in those Marbles sets?

Thanks,
MPT

el topo
03-26-2008, 05:48 AM
When I saw Marbles in Madison a few years back, the only NMW song he played (which was new to us at the time) was "Skyway."

P.S. I just got permission to post the Robert Schneider interview, so expect that on Optical Atlas next week.