PDA

View Full Version : elf power to play all tomorrows parties

derek
01-28-2006, 09:34 PM
hey friends, the power will be gracing the stage at all tomorrows parties on may 21st!

Figglyduff
02-04-2006, 03:13 PM
I'm so glad about that! :D I'll be there! :P

Figglyduff
02-05-2006, 01:01 PM
Yeah it sure is, I just hope the tickets don't entirely sell out before we figure out what size cabin we need!

Have you been before? I haven't, so I'm looking forward to a festival with showers and a kitchen! And a beach, and GO KARTING!!!

Figglyduff
02-05-2006, 03:40 PM
Yeah, I think I would probably be classed as twee anyway ;) Can't be as bad as the 15 year old nu-metal fans that filled up Reading when I went :mad:

Hopefully we'll get our tickets in the next few days, its hassle because everyone is broke so its all about making sure we don't end up with people who can't pay us back.

I also hope none of the bands I want to see clash, since I heard there are two stages. That would really piss me off.

[how come smilies don't work on this forum? Weird.]

[Edited on 2-5-2006 by Figglyduff]

DrinkTeaEatBooks
02-05-2006, 04:45 PM
I got to go on the Saturday last year to see OTC, after I spoke to Julian after the Garage gig, and yeah, it's quite fun to see indie rockers on go karts. Pontins is just basically a cross between Butlins and a really large Community Hall. The chalets are pretty basic. They're pretty much one step up from a tent. Although seeing an indie rock festival in such surrounds is really quite trippy. It's next to the beach, though, and going to the sand dunes at night is lots of fun.

The line up seems to be better than last year, discounting OTC and the Zombies, and I'm also intrigued by the ambiguity of 'MT EERIE/ THE MICROPHONES'. And by the fact that Dungen appear to be playing on both Saturday and Sunday. I don't think I can quite afford to go, however.

But have a great time!

Figglyduff
02-06-2006, 09:16 AM
Yey, got our tickets! :P A 6 person chalet, I hope it isn't too scuzzy. 'Chalet' makes me think of a log cabin or something, but with nice lighting and some posh throws over the couch. Saying that though the building in our garden we call the 'chalet' is just a glorified junk shed with some manky carpet and shitty sideboards.

By the way, whats the kitchen like? Are there pans and plates there? I can't afford to eat out every night so have to plan what to take. I know its ages away, but its good to be prepared. And what are the stages like, and the capacity of the venue(s)?

I don't know why, but I'm looking forward to go karting as much as the bands!

MargotDent
02-06-2006, 09:38 AM
bah why wont it come back to california!?

DrinkTeaEatBooks
02-06-2006, 12:48 PM
Originally posted by Figglyduff
a glorified junk shed with some manky carpet and shitty sideboards.

Yeah, that's about it.

I'm not sure about pots and pans and things - I didn't really get a chance to look around, but it'll probably say on the Pontins website. To be honest, I'd bring your own, as I wouldn't trust the pans they'd have there anyway.

The first stage is pretty big - it's a large nightclub at the top of the building, assumedly meant to accomodate most of the people in the holiday camp. It didn't fill when I was there, even for P.J. Harvey, who was headlining, so there's plenty of room, and it's fairly easy to get to the front, yet there's still enough people that there's a decent enough atmosphere. The second stage is a bit smaller, and a bit less crowded.

If you're lucky, you can look forward to going go karting WITH the bands.

Hah, Chris Funk on a go kart.

Figglyduff
02-08-2006, 12:15 PM
I'm so thrilled that The Fiery Furnaces are playing now too! Seriously, when I've been to Glastonbury and Reading in the past there's only ever been about 2 or 3 bands I would actually go out of my way for, this line up is really great, considering each band I would want to see would cost me £30 separately this is a real bargain for me, even though I'm broke!

What other bands are people going to see? There are a few I don't know playing, so if anyone has any recommendations that I should check out before I go I'm all ears.

charrrddddd
02-09-2006, 10:06 AM
Originally posted by MargotDent
bah why wont it come back to california!?

it will in november