PDA

View Full Version : What is Going on with the Elf Power

gardenfuck
01-19-2006, 05:05 PM
I love Elf Power. I really do. Every album (except for Creatures) is great. I mean GREAT.

So here's my question: What's going on with this band's lineup? Their website's news section was last updated in AUGUST and discusses the lineup a bit, but I gotta know the following:

Why isn't Aaron playing drums with these guys anymore?
Can the new guy possibly rock "The Arrow Flies Close" nearly as hard? I would find that hard to believe.
Is Mr. BP Helium once again their bass player?
Is Eric Harris their for real guitar player?
What's the skinny on this Jimmy Huges guy?
What happened to the dude who played guitar on the Winter is Coming and the subsequent tour? I thought he was great. What happened to that guy?

Don't get me wrong, I understand that bands don't need to have set lineups and that these things are fluid, but enquiring minds want to know.

I didn't mean to diss Creatures. I just don't think the songs grabbed me like they did in the other records.

captain23
01-19-2006, 06:19 PM
i can answer a few of these:

The current lineup is: Andrew Reiger- vox and guitar. Jimmy Hughes- guitar. John Fernandes- violin and clarinet. Derek Almstead- bass. Josh Lott- drums. Laura Carter- moog, guitar, and accordian. (that info is from thier myspace page)

josh lott (the new drummer) is awesome,powerful,keeps great time and adds very interesting and subtle twists to the old songs.
aaron,as you know,was amazing,also,but this kid fills his shoes just fine and as i said adds stuff i was not expecting.

jimmy is a great guitar player,knows his effects,and plays a wicked e-bow.

john is (as you also know) a master multi-instrumentalist and adds all the right stuff at the right times.

laura is on top of her game,moog,accordian,and sometimes guitar,one of the coolest and under-rated girls in rock.

BP-not sure (he can't be everywhere at once,although it seems he is) and im pretty sure he is devoting time to OM and LBPhelium)

derek was playing bass last i saw em -and what can i say about that guy.
he is IMO the most talented player around-bass,production,etc..

andrew,well let me tell you this...he has written some of the best songs of his career with this new album (yes i have heard it)and you will be blown away,when it is released.

that is all i can say for now.
but be get ready for (again IMO) the best elf power,ever.

gardenfuck
01-20-2006, 08:59 AM
Thank you for the answers. You're a mensch.

So why is Aaron no longer in the band?

sloansimpson
02-19-2006, 01:13 PM
Creatures isn't great?

Harnk
02-19-2006, 05:33 PM
Originally posted by sloansimpson
Creatures isn't great?

No. It's not great. I think that's oretty evident when you listen to it

sloansimpson
02-19-2006, 06:50 PM
Hmm. I listened to it yesterday and thoroughly enjoyed it. My own damn fault for not checking here first.

Harnk
02-20-2006, 05:57 AM
Originally posted by sloansimpson
Hmm. I listened to it yesterday and thoroughly enjoyed it. My own damn fault for not checking here first.

:P

gardenfuck
03-06-2006, 01:04 PM
Yeah, I don't think Creatures is all that good. I wouldn't say its bad, but when held up to the other records, it just doesn't match up. I was very pleased that The Beggar Boys was as good as it was. I hate it when my favorite bands begin to suck.