bencrum
01-18-2006, 08:25 AM
Great Lakes on myspace. check it out.

ben

MySpace URL:

http://www.myspace.com/greatlakesband

call me hi
01-18-2006, 12:47 PM
hey, really good stuff man. the new stuff sounds like you guys have really got your shit together. i don't know that i necessarily like it more than the older stuff but it sounds more accomplished, if that makes any sense.

what's that big news you were talking about? i'm hoping it has something to do with a definite release date in the very near future. maybe a nationwide tour? you can't tour without stopping by minnesota, what with the great lakes and all.

bencrum
01-18-2006, 02:29 PM
yeah, i hear you. it's different. but give it a chance. it might not be what you expected, and it's definitely not your typical Elephant 6 music, but i think it'll grow on you.

there's a release date (april 11) listed, though realistically it could change still. but it'll definitely be out by may. we're planning to tour, too--though i don't know about making it to minnesota. maybe.

where would you recommend a band like Great Lakes play in Minnesota? i think the closest we ever got was chicago and milwaukee. too far for you, i guess?

the hurdy gurdy man
01-18-2006, 02:42 PM
wow... I dig it. Very fine, very fine. like you said, not exactly typical E6, but good nonetheless.

screw minnesota... come to Fargo, ND. that'd be grand.

el topo
01-19-2006, 01:35 PM
Madison, WI is definitely near enough the great lakes for a similarly-titled band to visit.

bencrum
01-19-2006, 01:59 PM
right on. you know, come to think of it, maybe we OWE your region of the country a little attention. i'll look into that...

call me hi
01-19-2006, 06:34 PM
please do look into it. i'm from duluth, probably not worth coming up this far. maybe one of the minneapolis people could tell you a good place to play, i haven't lived there for a while and am not sure where people are playing nowadays. triple rock social club maybe?