PDA

View Full Version : do you have it yet?

dolemites_sister
08-27-2003, 03:55 AM
I live in a lame town where there is no dressy bessy to be found! I'm going to have to order it, so while I'm waiting, I want some reviews..

It has to be good, because its Dressy Bessy. And the MP3 was so damn good!

nervesandgel
08-28-2003, 01:35 AM
they've been handing out promo copies to some of my friends, i was gonna ask tammy if she had an extra one, but i felt wierd doing that.
i'm gonna go to their release party on friday, i'll let you know how it is, they're playing at the gothic, which has incrediable sound.

dolemites_sister
08-28-2003, 03:37 AM
Groovy... I'm ordering mine tommorow as soon as I get paid! I really can't wait! Geez... There is so many good things out right now!

el topo
08-29-2003, 11:00 AM
Bought it a few days ago...it is VERY, VERY good!:cool:

dolemites_sister
08-29-2003, 01:39 PM
YAY! Mine will be on the way shortly!

I can't wait for it!

gigglehertz
08-30-2003, 12:17 AM
I'm in that "honeymoon" phase where it's all still new and exciting, but I gotta say the new DB rocks! Tammy is threatening to turn from object of cute rockstar crush to guitar goddess, much the same way Julianna Hatfield did oh so many years ago. Fav's so far are 1, 2, 4, and 10. The bonus DVD was a nice touch, and something I wish more E-6 bands would do; I just wish it (the DVD) was longer. The footage of Tammy dancing was worth the price of admission as they say. Only complaint was that I liked the demo version of Tidy better than the finished version.

acrobat
08-30-2003, 12:42 AM
I am SO behind in some of my music purchases--I'm gonna put some stuff on mail order and go out to do a bit of shopping over the weekend. But all this DB talk is making me so antsy!! I can't wait to hear the new record.

and gigglehertz--your mention of Juliana Hatfield gets HUGE points in my book :)

buh-bye!

dolemites_sister
09-05-2003, 03:16 PM
I just recieved mine in the mail, and man... Its so good! This band just keeps getting better and better.. I really like it.. This is just the first listen, and I really like it a ton!

j

perfectbrokenmirror
09-05-2003, 09:09 PM
I got one today. The bonus dvd made want to go to the show even more. The album is great too.

c.s.

acrobat
09-05-2003, 09:12 PM
just picked it up today--haven't listened yet, probably will in the next hour or so--should be fun!

acrobat
09-07-2003, 12:17 AM
Listened to the new Dressy Bessy record for the first time yesterday evening.

It was overload. The record is so good it's borderline ridiculous.

and as if the record itself wasn't enough, the DVD is priceless.

And it was such a low price when I bought it--not that that ever really bothers me, but for a record AND DVD this good in one package--I was almost upset that it wasn't deemed to be "worth" more.

Whatever. This album is absurd. It's so so so so good.

dolemites_sister
09-07-2003, 04:57 AM
I agree completely... They are getting better every release...

perfectbrokenmirror
09-07-2003, 10:19 AM
I drove to Buffalo yesterday dancing in my car to Dressy Bessy. It was the best.

c.s.

dolemites_sister
09-23-2003, 03:53 AM
Perhaps I'm the winner! I hope so...

I absolutely can't wait until Dressy Bessy plays here.. I missed them in Nashville, I missed them in Athens this time around.. I have never seen them live, and I absolutely cannot wait! Oct. 19 cannot arrive fast enough!
j