PDA

View Full Version : Technical Question

opopopo
08-24-2003, 07:12 PM
this looks like a job for.... the incredible mister sean davidson!

seandavidson
08-25-2003, 02:18 AM
I have fixed it...none of the forums except attachments now. I would prefer not to have attachments added on the forum for a few reasons.

One: It takes up space on my server that the forum is on. At one point it did not matter because I worked at the data center hosting the site. Now I don't and I pay for the hosting now. And since I also host others that are paying I need to keep the space needed for them.

Second: I would rather not have attachments in case someone posts a virus (hey it happens).

If you would like to post the attachment host it on your site and post the link.

You have to use BBCode to post it and there is a FAQ on it on the top of the page in the FAQ section.

Sean

seandavidson
08-25-2003, 11:57 PM
I did not take any of what you said as demanding or being spoiled. I just did not finish setting up the Townhall correctly when I put it back up. We had older software before and it did not have attachments in it so I really did not think about it until you brought it up. So please don't take my post as trying to be mean spirted or anything like that. I just want to make this Townhall easy to admin and take care of.

Sean