PDA

View Full Version : C-Lagoon

mflat5
10-13-2005, 11:03 AM
If you dig the whole neo-psych-overdub-lush sounds of OTC, check out the band, Creeper Lagoon. Brief history and explanation follow...

Creeper Lagoon has been around since the 90s, scored a minor hit with their album, "I Become Small and Go" with their crystalline pop sounds from the 90s alternative "wave", and moved on to the major labels with "Take Back the Universe and Give Me Yesterday".

Since the latter did not fare well and became an overproduced mess , the band broke up, but then reunited with a new lineup and original band member from the early days intact. In 2002, freshly scrubbed and rebuilt, they released the EXCELLENT "Remember the Future" EP.

This Future EP was full of lush orchestration, melancholia, pop wisftfulness and tunesmith in spades. Trend towards the psychedlic thing was definitely happening. I recommend this if you can find it... it's truly smart and great.

Flash forward to today -- they're going to be releasing a new album, "Long Dry Cold" on a date TBD.

If you go to their site: www.creeperlagoon.com and go to the Music section, you will be able to preview the new material and realize...

it sounds very similar to CS.

The overdubbing, sluggish production, dreamy productions and overall psych sound work well. When I first heard these new tracks, I was immediately reminded me of CS.

Check 'em out.

Again,
www.creeperlagoon.com

Gracias y disfruta la musica!

braintostem
10-13-2005, 09:35 PM
totally rad.

uncle eggma
10-14-2005, 05:02 PM
we once received a promo of a creeper lagoon album at the store where i work and i thought it sounded like really bad major label alterna-rock

mflat5
10-17-2005, 11:12 AM
You might have heard that awful Take Back the Universe album.

Check out the Remember the Future LP... totally reinvented

Harnk
10-17-2005, 11:42 AM
Creeper Lagoon is real bad. I saw them live and spent the whole 45 mnutes discussing just how bad they were. Get off the CS forum. This is an insult.

kartoonz
11-10-2005, 02:30 PM
For a second, Harnk, I thought your zip code was your post count and I was dumbfounded.