PDA

View Full Version : Door/Days

nice man washing
07-21-2003, 10:00 AM
I was listening to the album the other day and I recognised a snippet from one of their new songs 'Door/Days' (I think it's called that anyway, and they've played it at their live shows) during the fade out of 'Fingers' before 'Days to Come' kicks off.

Anyone else hear this?

large marge
07-21-2003, 12:37 PM
if i'm thinking of the same song he's actually singing "your days". but i'll have to listen to it again to see what you're talking about.

nice man washing
07-29-2003, 08:35 AM
Has anyone else picked up any beauties like this? i.e. recognising songs within songs, hidden messages, exciting sound sources. Will's interview with Pitchfork revealed that he's been doing this since the start of Olivia. I love the depth of sound. Bloody love it.

bedbug
07-29-2003, 08:45 AM
Originally posted by nice man washing
Has anyone else picked up any beauties like this? i.e. recognising songs within songs, hidden messages, exciting sound sources.

Well, I guess the most obvious one is the line "who wants to rise above these buildings" is in two songs.

Exciting sound sources? Lots of birds. There's something in the credits about Will, Jeff and Pete collecting bird sounds. I never noticed it in the music until I read that in the liner notes. Now I hear it all over the album! Illusion is the first song that jumps to mind as having the birds in the background.

nice man washing
07-29-2003, 08:53 AM
It's beautiful isn't it? That's why it's my favourite album ever - it sounds great every time I hear it, and I hear new things all the time.

Good point about the lyrics. 'All we are is fingers on a reaching hand' crops up twice too.