PDA

View Full Version : hymns update

maheteme
03-20-2005, 04:03 AM
To interested parties, the Hymns new record is at it's final stages and should be wrapping up soon. I have been in at a makeshift studio for about 14 hours a day for the last week and it's been a lot of fun and pretty crazy. it's taken so long because there are so many songs to chose from and work with. i don't know what to really say about it, it's not more this or that but i think that i will be pleased with it.
hopefully soon we will have the website updated and some new downloads for you to hear.
zachary

CrazyHorse
03-21-2005, 01:50 AM
Good news!!!!

Harnk
03-21-2005, 07:19 AM
noyce.

hypecity
05-30-2005, 11:53 AM
http://www.blacktable.com/images/0412pics/jesus/28000.jpg

[Edited on 3-22-0606 by hypecity]

cwileyriser
07-14-2005, 04:21 PM
We've been thinking we're wrapping up the new record for about a year now, but we actually are getting closer now.

We've settled on a 3-piece lineup (maybe adding another person for touring in the winter/spring). The stripped down lineup has opened up a lot of things musically instead of limiting us.

In March, we started recording and mixing with David McConnell, who we met when he was playing bass with Goldenboy when they toured with us a year and a half ago. He's best known, I guess, for recording much of Eliot Smith's Basement on a Hill record (which ended up getting re-worked after his death by Rob Schnapf). We've also finally got our own permanent studio set up in Lexington, GA, and that's helping move things along a lot. We're hoping to wrap up mixing at Altamont Recording (www.altamontrecording.com) in Asheville NC late this summer.

The record will have a good bit of new stuff that we've not been playing live much yet, at least not in finished form. And we'll probably have a lot of stuff left over - a lot of the stuff that we were playing out live in late '03 and '04. Maybe a Value Series Vol. 2...

Chris Riser

el topo
02-23-2006, 08:42 AM
Please update this thread, anybody. Shouldn't we be getting a Summer Hymns album soon?

Harnk
02-23-2006, 10:12 AM
Originally posted by el topo
Please update this thread, anybody. Shouldn't we be getting a Summer Hymns album soon?

Zachary is fussin' over bits and bobs...or something to that..he mentioned in myspace bloob

forkrepublicans
03-02-2006, 01:37 PM
I can't wait. I love Summer Hymns. Now, if only somwhere I could find the lyrics to some of the songs...

Harnk
03-02-2006, 05:19 PM
Originally posted by forkrepublicans
I can't wait. I love Summer Hymns. Now, if only somwhere I could find the lyrics to some of the songs...

go to the release section of their site and click on the album ocver..voila! lyrics