PDA

View Full Version : from roberto

marbles
03-02-2005, 08:13 AM
hey guys somebody started a marbles board? gee shucks

just wanted to say that i am on tour right now opening for clem snide, i'm touring as Marbles--

playing ulysses songs and maybe some apples songs acoustically (if you have any requests post them here for your town and i will try to brush up on them, cant promise but i will try-- also will try to check back of course)--

then playing some new marbles songs non-acoustically (i will not reveal but it involves darth vader and silver sandals)--

playing:
march 3 philadelphia (world cafe live)
march 4 D.C. (black cat)
march 5 NYC (bowery ballroom) plus i'm doing an instore in williamsburg with eef from clem snide and will oldham-- cant remember what record store though

also playing pittsburg, cleveland, champaign IL, madison WI, chicago, and minneapolis, plus a show in austin at SXSW on march 17

don't have details off-hand for those but you can look it up on www.clemsnide.com

also my new album EXPO got pushed back a couple of weeks due to a printing error (printer put the song titles in the wrong order, got hold of the wrong artwork file) and also the real CD has some bonus mp3s and a video and also a few minutes of me rambling about the mp3s (some old recordings, a couple for a movie and a couple from high school)--

this was a printer's mistake and i'm not even sure how any copies got out there-- they were supposed to be destroyed--

i will track down the culprit and subject them to my wrath! i'm just kidding, i don't care really, maybe spinart used a few copies for promotion--

but anyway i hope to see you guys at the shows!

love
robert schneider

p.s. i posted a couple of four track recordings of mine from high school on e6files@gmail.com if you guys want to check them out

kartoonz
03-02-2005, 10:51 AM
Hey, Robert! I really dig the Barbeque Suite, even as a vegetarian. :) Thanks for sharing those!

I have an Apples request for you for the Champaign show... could you play The Oasis please?

Make sure to bust out the Ulysses at your Chicago show. My friend Dave is in love with that album and he will be in attendance. I don't know if you remember, but he was the one who recommended the felafel place to you last time the Apples played Chicago.

[Edited on 3-2-2005 by kartoonz]

ladylamentingonalawnchair
03-02-2005, 01:07 PM
Hi Robert! Would you play Tin Pan Alley for us in Minneapolis?

Love,
Suzanne

call me hi
03-02-2005, 01:12 PM
i was trying to think what apples i would like to hear in minneapolis but i think tin pan alley would do just fine. are you going to be playing stuff off of pyramid landing? that would be exciting.

marbles
03-03-2005, 08:14 AM
the record store i'm playing in williamsburg, brooklyn, is called SOUND FIX-- saturday, march 5-- don't know what time though, what am i a fucking clock?

i'll be playing between will oldham and eef from clem snide-- if there are any brooklynites among you, then come on out--

--robert

marbles
03-03-2005, 08:15 AM
oh yeah-- i think i can do those songs, by the way-- thanks you guys, i don't have a fixed set list for this tour just sort of winging it so i appreciate some direction.

--robert again

Harnk
03-03-2005, 10:33 AM
Originally posted by marbles
the record store i'm playing in williamsburg, brooklyn, is called SOUND FIX-- saturday, march 5-- don't know what time though, what am i a fucking clock?

i'll be playing between will oldham and eef from clem snide-- if there are any brooklynites among you, then come on out--

--robert

I'll stop bye and say hello and maybe grab a photo of us squeezing each others knees. I suppose I'll have to call Sound Fix, seeing as you don't know when it's happening (sheesh)

phil
03-03-2005, 08:42 PM
hey robert, what's up! this is your old pal phil from memphis. i noticed that clem snide is playing the hi-tone later this month. any chance that you might show up too?

digging the new songs on myspace. electropop suits you.

el topo
03-07-2005, 07:58 PM
Madison, WI request...

My wife wants to hear Stream Running Over.

I would like to hear Strawberryfire.

:)

paulpaul
04-10-2005, 09:01 PM
i may be a tad late for this thread buuuut ill give it a go anywho.... robert i have a request... come to detroit MI:) hah cause that would be cool..... (sorry im prolly just being annoying) heh anyway... PEACE

el topo
04-14-2005, 04:18 PM
If anyone grabs the 2nd pressing (i.e. official release) of Expo, can you verify if it does have, as Robert says above, bonus MP3's and a video? I'd like to know if I should get another copy, since I have the "defective" version.

Brien
04-14-2005, 06:48 PM
Well, I saw it in the stores the other day, and the packaging said it did...would those be the "official" ones?

el topo
04-15-2005, 05:59 AM
Yep. Looks like I'll be heading to the music store today.

I wonder if I can sell my version, without MP3s and with the tracks listed in the wrong order, on ebay for thousands of dollars.

[Edited on 4-15-2005 by el topo]