PDA

View Full Version : June 20 2003!

dolemites_sister
06-21-2003, 05:55 AM
Last night was probably the most fun and exciting night I've had in a very long time, if not ever! One of my friends put on a show with the Great Lakes there in a little town called Chattanooga in a cool little bar named Lamar's, and the Great Lakes rocked our socks off! I nearly danced my pants off!!!!!!! (literally!)

The show was so much fun and everyone was dancing and there was a ton of people there! For Chattanooga, this was really big! I talked to everyone in the band, and they were all really sweet! I love these guys and gal!

So it was all a great success! And to my buddies in the Great Lakes! THANK YOU!

Go see them when they come to your town! DO IT! :)
jennifer p

a smork of a floo
06-22-2003, 01:20 PM
of whom does the great lakes touring lineup consist? and why did of montreal only play half the shows? run to me now, eskimo children...

ColonelCorn
06-22-2003, 04:10 PM
The touring lineup was Dottie on guitar, clarinet, keys, Ben Crum on guitar, keys, and vocals, Kevin on guitar, and drums, Jamie on drums, guitar, and harmonica, Bryan Helium on bass, and Dan on keys.

I was very thrilled for Great Lakes for there to be a lot of people at their show. And they did rock the house down. The songs had a lot more depth and really came alive at the show.

The opening band, Jairus was pretty good, also. But Great Lakes really turned it up a notch.

You've got to really admire bands like of Montreal and Great Lakes because everybody knows that there's no big money in the music industry. These folks honestly must love what they do to tour around and provide us with great entertainment.

I hope the turnout at the show was large enough to convince of Montreal, or really any of the other Athens bands that they can play Chattanooga.

dolemites_sister
06-23-2003, 04:25 AM
I definetly agree! That was part of the goal to show that Chattanooga cares about this kind of music! And we did have a blast! I still haven't stopped smiling!

We will be putting on more shows, Colonel Corn! I hope you signed the guest book! If not, you can email me and we will add you to the list!

dolemites_sister@hotmail.com

thanks!
Jennifer

ColonelCorn
06-23-2003, 05:00 PM
I just dropped you an email. It would be a really big coup if you could have gotten Dismemberment Plan on their farewell tour.

And you absolutely must get Circulatory System next time.

dolemites_sister
06-24-2003, 03:32 AM
Oh absolutely! We want to get as many bands as possible...

We are trying to do this once a month if at all possible!

jennifer