PDA

View Full Version : what the hell...

pdog
01-16-2005, 11:31 PM
This is the worst fucking band in the world. I’ve been listening to indiepoprocks and every time this shit band comes on I have to hit the mute button until that silly woman’s out of tune voice has gone. She makes Nico sound tuneful. I know that they’re indie, but they can still afford autotune. The recording engineer must have been laughing his ass off while this stupid bitch tunelessly whines through another piece of crap tune. Please, someone in a second hand clothes store give her a job. Please. Stop. It. Now.

DrinkTeaEatBooks
01-17-2005, 04:23 AM
You clearly have peaches in your ears. Silly.

fluoxetine
01-17-2005, 09:59 AM
"She makes Nico sound tuneful"

I think that line says it all... If you don't like the way she sings go and listen to some Bon Jovi.

Oh wait, you probably are already.

acrobat
01-17-2005, 02:41 PM
if you don't like it, why bother with posting?

goodbye.

AKirstin
01-20-2005, 05:37 PM
Tammy's voice has character, which I personally find more attractive to my ears than anything else when it comes to singers. Nico (as you brought up), Bob Dylan, Leonard Cohen... these are all favourites of mine.

The only reason you would have to come here and bad mouth Tammy is to try and make yourself feel better than the rest of us. Music snobbery is for people who need validation through debasement.

everythingfallstogether
01-21-2005, 09:04 AM
though dressy bessy is one of my favorites, i sometimes question the vocal tone as well, mostly on the sound go round record.

thatdandydinty
02-06-2005, 11:55 AM
dressybessy is def one of my favorites from the e6 camp (though my favorite changes with about every song that gets brought up on my play list (viva beulah)) but i can totally agree with the issues with the vocals... as my old choir director used to say, never sing down, always sing up (ironically he also used to tell us never sing down always sing up (hmm)) yeah, it has definatly gotten better with each release. sometimes her slightly flat vocals gives a bit of a nifty edge to the song and makes it more gritty counterpointed by the fact that most of her lyrics are bubblegummy and cheerful