PDA

View Full Version : southpaw and john

cradlekicker
04-10-2003, 04:49 PM
anyone going to the southpaw show april 17th?
i wasn't going to because it was 18+. all seemed bleak, and lost besides. but then i emailed cloudrecordings sadly and john fernandes wrote back saying he'd put me on the LIST - to pretend i was related to a band member - and that way i could come!
i think the e6 people must be some of the nicest people in the whole world. really.

[Edited on 4-17-03 by cradlekicker]

dolemites_sister
04-11-2003, 09:00 PM
I would like to agree..

I love everyone of them that I've ever met. They are all some of the nicest people in the world, which is cool because they are also some of the most talented people in the world!:D

qwerty
04-13-2003, 11:55 PM
I'm not so sure John's stategy to get you into the show is the best. An asshole doorman is an asshole doorman. He don't care if you're on the list or somebody's brother.

I suggest you get there early and wait out front for a member of the band. Don't even bother with the doorguy. Its too risky. Ask somebody from the band to sneak you in thtough the back door. I've done that a bunch of times.

And yes, everybody in the band is super-nice.

Good luck getting in the show.

cradlekicker
04-14-2003, 06:12 PM
wow, thanks for the adv. qwerty! i'll definitely take you up. and post of my success (failure?) afterwards!

friend
04-15-2003, 07:56 AM
cradlekicker are you going to the bowery ballroom show? i may go to southpaw....

cradlekicker
04-16-2003, 04:56 PM
friend,
i am going to southpaw, not bowery. John offered to put my name on the southpaw list, which is why- though that's seeming a bit of an obsolete reason now
will you be there?

friend
04-18-2003, 09:14 AM
i was there!
hopefully you made it in, i had an amazing time. both nights were really special. it was so good to talk with band and julian. what a night. :)