PDA

View Full Version : dissappointment

ihavenoface
08-08-2004, 09:50 PM
elf power the last few records has been dissappointing me. They arent the same. Does anyone else miss winter is coming, and dream in sound?

BigBlackSmoke
08-09-2004, 04:26 PM
i like the old stuff and the new stuff :P

Harnk
08-10-2004, 07:49 AM
Originally posted by ihavenoface
elf power the last few records has been dissappointing me. They arent the same. Does anyone else miss winter is coming, and dream in sound?

I think the new one is pretty good. It's a bit front-loaded, but it works in certain situations. It'd definitley not an album you need to soak your head in. There is nothing sonically mindbending about it.
The first three songs are damn good.

'can't hear no wedding bells......" ahhhhh

brianjeremy
08-10-2004, 09:15 AM
I'm a newer fan and I got into them because of Beggar Boys. However, I did seek out the rest of their albums. I really like When the Red King Comes and A Dream in sound. Creatures, Vainly Clutching...and Nothings Going to Happen aren't great or anything, but they do get a few spins here and there. The only one I don't have is the Winter is Coming, because it's out of print now.:mad:

I agree that Beggar Boys is front loaded, but the later half of the album is still pretty good.

grimble gromble
08-20-2004, 02:15 PM
yeah, i'm quite disappointed as well... i absolutely love Dream In Sound. I like Winter is Coming and I've started listening to the early stuff more and I'm really enjoying it.

but first Creatures and now Beggar Boys and i'm just not feeling it any more. it's lost the magic... could it have been the departure of Bryan Helium? or lack of involvement by W. Cullen Hart?

jared
10-20-2004, 09:17 AM
yeah the newer albums don't seem the same..i'm glad others feel this way too..the last 2 albums seemd a bit forced.