View Full Version : The slowest band in the land

Harnk
08-02-2004, 11:29 AM
"They are currently recording a new record to be released in Spring 2005"

from Cloud Recordings

I'm gutted:(

dpb
08-02-2004, 02:14 PM
but I think its almost expected. I think there was a 3-4 year wait between dusk at cubist castle and black foliage followed by a two year wait for the self titled album. I'm looking forward to it regardless.

I <3 circulatory system.

micktick
08-02-2004, 02:29 PM
anoyone heard anything about that "toybox" cd-r?

nice man washing
08-02-2004, 03:50 PM
NO! That is the worst news I&#039;ve heard in ages.

theallnewcarefulmary
08-03-2004, 07:01 AM
spring 2005? oh well, gutted but maybe they are just making it even better........

jupiterjuice
08-11-2004, 12:39 PM
I&#039;m new to this chat room and are a little confused
Why would you make a comparison between the release dates of an Olivia Tremor Control record with those of the Circulatory System?

Is it because Will chooses to re-write all the OTC songs and now call them Circulatory songs instead of being like Bill with The Sunshine Fix and attempt to break the mold to try something new--to get away from the sound that made him famous?

The Olivias were only truly genius when they worked together...those boys we&#039;re magic together --and not just Will/ Bill (which every one seems to pit against each other) but it was the whole team...john,eric, peter, etc... I mean any one of them could write a million songs that sound like the old Olivia stuff--THEY created the sound.

Harnk
08-11-2004, 12:44 PM
Originally posted by jupiterjuice
I&#039;m new to this chat room and are a little confused
Why would you make a comparison between the release dates of an Olivia Tremor Control record with those of the Circulatory System?

Is it because Will chooses to re-write all the OTC songs and now call them Circulatory songs instead of being like Bill with The Sunshine Fix and attempt to break the mold to try something new--to get away from the sound that made him famous?

The Olivias were only truly genius when they worked together...those boys we&#039;re magic together --and not just Will/ Bill (which every one seems to pit against each other) but it was the whole team...john,eric, peter, etc... I mean any one of them could write a million songs that sound like the old Olivia stuff--THEY created the sound.

People on this board get down on me for being rude...and I don&#039;t want them to, cuz I like the peeps here....but you are clearly an idiot. I had to state that.

harnK

DrinkTeaEatBooks
08-11-2004, 02:45 PM
neither of them have broken the mould all that much. But then, was the OTC creating incredibly groundbreaking music?

No.

It was just creating wonderful music. And although it really isn&#039;t important to me at all, on reflection, the Sunshine Fix sound, at least to me, more like the OTC than Circulatory System do.

As for the Bill/Will thing, there never really was a Bill/Will thing, except in the minds of lazy music journalists.

Harnk
08-12-2004, 06:46 AM
The Olivias were only truly genius when they worked together

retardo

retardo x 10000

Why is it when you express an opinion people don&#039;t like and they have a go at you you are a victim

You can&#039;t be serious. I don&#039;t take online banter personally, or myself for that matter.

I love you, and the guy who thinks the Olivias were only worth a dime when they were together. If you can&#039;t see the magic in the Circulatory System then you&#039;re a schmo in my opinion...perhaps &#039;idiot&#039; isn&#039;t a word I should be throwing around so freely. my apologies.

Anyway, to the point.

Pipes You See Pipes you Don&#039;t=pretty great
Black Swan Network=mindbendingly superb
Sunshine Fix=good
Circulatory System=untouchable

[Edited on 8-12-2004 by Harnk]

thecauseofgauze
08-12-2004, 10:13 AM
circulatory system is one of those bands that i&#039;ll still be listening to years on down the road... there is just something very beautiful and magical and real about their sound. will hart is a brilliant musician with an extraordinary artistic ear/eye. long live the circulatory sytem!!

oh, and harnk is absolutely correct! i&#039;ll back him up on this anyday.

so black swan network is mindbendingly superb? if harnk likes it then i&#039;m sure that i&#039;ll dig it too. hope i can find it!

Harnk
08-12-2004, 11:02 AM
Originally posted by Half-Handed
Harnk, I love you too but you&#039;re still being a wanker. You seem to have no problem slagging off bands people like but you can&#039;t cope with someone doing the same to you. I haven&#039;t heard Circulatory System yet, I didn&#039;t rate Age of the Sun and I&#039;m not a massive fan of Black Foliage. It&#039;s not about the music, it&#039;s about you being a bigoted turd.

Peace!

I&#039;m no bigot...and I&#039;ve never gotten sore over someone not liking what I like....ever. Well maybe one time you guys ripped the piss out of me for liking Ocean Colour Scene&#039;s Mosely Shoals and I got bent...but still. I&#039;m only talking shit anyways. Don&#039;t be so sensitive you big wet panty.

CauseofGauze-I&#039;ll burn you a copy if you would like.

Harnk
08-12-2004, 12:21 PM
Ah well. In the future please don&#039;t take me seriously, unless I&#039;m humping your leg. I mean no harm. I got a hairy tongue.

zippy
01-14-2005, 10:21 AM
harnk, did you post on the 97x boards for a bit?

felinedestiny
01-14-2005, 03:12 PM
Originally posted by Harnk

Originally posted by jupiterjuice
I'm new to this chat room and are a little confused

The Olivias were only truly genius when they worked together...those boys we're magic together --and not just Will/ Bill (which every one seems to pit against each other) but it was the whole team...john,eric, peter, etc... I mean any one of them could write a million songs that sound like the old Olivia stuff--THEY created the sound.

People on this board get down on me for being rude...and I don't want them to, cuz I like the peeps here....but you are clearly an idiot. I had to state that.

harnK

taylor
01-14-2005, 03:40 PM
ok? bicker bicker bicker.

taylor
01-14-2005, 03:41 PM
someone should burn me a copy of the black swan network album. i'll kiss you on your eyeball in return.

californiademise
01-21-2005, 11:39 AM
Originally posted by Harnk

Anyway, to the point.

Pipes You See Pipes you Don't=pretty great
Black Swan Network=mindbendingly superb
Sunshine Fix=good
Circulatory System=untouchable

[Edited on 8-12-2004 by Harnk]

--- what about The Instruments? there's something worth talking about there!

Harnk
01-21-2005, 01:12 PM
I'm indifferent to The Instruments.

Zippy-Yes. Who are you on that board?

call me hi
01-22-2005, 12:23 AM
whoa, whoa, whoa. hold on. the instruments are fucking great. well, some of there songs are kind of boring but there good songs are so fucking awesome it makes the album worthwhile, namely numbers 1, 3,4...the last one...and one other i can't remember without the disc in front of me. but don't get me wrong, the boring ones are still really good and fun to relax to. i would proudly and confidently recommend this album to anyone. and just because i can't remember the names or numbers to the songs doesn't prove a single thing.

californiademise
01-27-2005, 12:18 PM
in 2002 I saw Circulatory System, Pipes you see, and The Instruments play a show in Iowa. I was not only astounded by the way they played the show (doing a set as one band, taking a break, most members switching intstruments and then someone else taking the lead mic) but the way that The Instruments got everyone in the place to sit down and let the music fill the room/hearts/minds was just mindblowing.

Maybe for that reason, but maybe just because i've played it for myself so many times, "billions of phonographs" is one of the most listenable records I have. Sure it's bedtime themed (big surprise) but daytime listenings are just as great.

I love em.

coleslaw
01-27-2005, 12:56 PM
I agree, Billions of Phonographs is probably the most beautiful album I own. So melodic and soothing, it's just wonderful.

Harnk
01-27-2005, 01:07 PM
Originally posted by coleslaw
I agree, Billions of Phonographs is probably the most beautiful album I own. So melodic and soothing, it's just wonderful.

get yo ass to the record store, boy !

coleslaw
01-27-2005, 07:19 PM
Billions of Phonographs is probably the most beautiful album I own

ok, that might have been an overstatement, but I do love how soothing it is. Maybe that's the word I should have used - most soothing. In my opinion, of course.

[Edited on 1-28-2005 by coleslaw]

nice man washing
01-30-2005, 08:49 PM
Hey Cole - thanks so much for the CD of the electro-acoustic show. There's some delightful music on there.

Salman
02-07-2005, 04:21 PM
I bought Billions of Photographs earlier today and I must say it's a really solid album. It is pretty soothing.

Tuff Ghost
03-24-2005, 12:02 PM
This is all really silly. Too extreme.

patman?
03-28-2005, 09:58 AM
Now that it is Spring 2005, when can we expect the new album to come out?

BigBlackSmoke
03-28-2005, 11:07 AM
fall 2005

patman?
03-30-2005, 04:29 PM
Is that just a guess, or is it actually coming out in the fall now?

nice man washing
03-30-2005, 05:24 PM
I'm going crazy waiting for this record. If someone told me a year ago that the new album would be on hold because OTC were reforming to play gigs in England, I wouldn't be in Australia now...

BigBlackSmoke
03-30-2005, 06:56 PM
kelly said fall 2005 last time i checked.

kelly
03-30-2005, 08:28 PM
uh oh! don't blame me! ;)

i really can't say when the album is going to be done at this point. as of today i don't see it getting released until 2006. no joke. it's just they way the whole release schedule system works in the music biz... when i have a better idea of the progress i'm sure john or i will tell you. a lot of it is done but a lot of it isn't done.

don't dispair! it's really going to be worth it! i'll upload some recent circulatory system live shows to e6 dot com next week and you can hear some of the new songs that way.

nice man washing
03-30-2005, 08:54 PM
OK - thanks Kelly. We need something to keep us occupied until the album finally materialises!

patman?
03-30-2005, 09:40 PM
Metaphorically, I just got my genitalia caught in a blender.

2006? 2006?!?

That's one of the only albums I'm looking forward to at this moment. How can you tell me not to dispair?

It better be the best thing I've ever heard, given that it's going to be released 5 years after the previous album.

nice man washing
03-30-2005, 11:06 PM
What do you expect? Will paints, and most of the band are involved in loads of other projects. I'm not worried - I know it's going to be amazing. I just want to hear it soon!

patman?
03-30-2005, 11:50 PM
Well, it best be good. But if it's anything like the other E6 bands, who decide not to be as good anymore (i.e. Elf Power, Ladybug Transistor, even Of Montreal to an extent), I won't be pleased at all. But I can't see Will doing that at all, so that's not likely.

But what are these loads of other projects? I'd like to know... I need something to hold the tides while I wait impatiently for the new album.

I honestly have very little to look forward to in the upcoming months now.

nice man washing
03-30-2005, 11:55 PM
Well, according to John there's another Instruments album on the way. Plus Will, John and Pete are no doubt frantically rehearsing the OTC stuff for their upcoming shows. It takes hard work to be so damned great.

nice man washing
03-30-2005, 11:56 PM
Oh, and of course they've all got jobs and families.

nice man washing
03-30-2005, 11:56 PM
Treat yourself to some Auburn Lull - you won't regret it.

patman?
03-30-2005, 11:59 PM
You know, I tried buying The Instruments album today, but my store was all out, unfortunately. Instead, I bought over $100 of CDs. (Which, unfortunately, I won't be able to do next year, given that I'll be in college and have no money to spend on anything.)

I'll see if I can find Auburn Lull. Although I sure as hell won't be buying it soon, because as I said, I just spent $100.

[Edited on 3-31-2005 by patman?]

call me hi
04-07-2005, 10:44 AM
Originally posted by kelly
uh oh! don't blame me! ;)

don't dispair! it's really going to be worth it! i'll upload some recent circulatory system live shows to e6 dot com next week and you can hear some of the new songs that way.

so that should be this week, eh? sweet

moonchild
04-17-2005, 05:36 PM
i need this album.

i hope it is worth the wait.
at least they arent rushing right