PDA

View Full Version : electro-acoustic show...

moon
07-22-2004, 11:41 PM
i was waiting for someone to post about this show but no one did... did anyone go?... how was it... what songs did they do acoustic?... how did they sound (being acoustic)?... i was planning on going to GA for the show, but some things popped up...

lars
07-24-2004, 09:22 AM
well, flicker recently got a reprimand from the fire marshall, so only 49 people were allowed inside. but like a good little fan, me and 9 others stood outside and watched the show through the window. we must have been quite a sight... clapping our hands and all to seemingly nothing. from what i could tell, it was a cool show. i wish i could've been inside to hear all that "water music." the system did jam out, though, something that doesn't occur that often. john walked around in the audience with his clarinet (or was the sax? don't remember) while everyone went haywire on their instruments.

s
07-25-2004, 05:45 AM
Is that so?? ....I thought John was walking in the audience was *ONLY FOR ME*.....I found it wrong that he was worried about me.......I was just under the wrong impression???.....
A hard man isn't good to find around here nowadays....

"S***** is sad!!!!" (Yuucky.!)

s
07-25-2004, 06:06 AM
Did they play an accoustic version of "Should....( ...don't remember...)replace a compass"??

Willomopar
10-22-2004, 07:50 PM
Please forgive me for taking so long to post this setlist.

The show was grouped into four suites:

time or dateline?
how long?
now
outside blasts
---------------------
water
should a cloud replace a compass?
until moon medium hears the message
a peek
the countless phrase
---------------------
diary of wood
path of the parallels
---------------------
seem to remember something?
impressions (through the ring)

it was good

real good

s
10-23-2004, 01:54 AM
some of those are *news songs?*

s
10-23-2004, 01:55 AM
ooah, what's "news songs"? i mean, "new songs"

thecauseofgauze
12-06-2004, 10:27 AM
did anyone get a chance to record this show? i'm craving to hear it!

s
12-06-2004, 05:47 PM
me too, me too.

coleslaw
01-16-2005, 07:04 PM
Sorry it's taken soooo long for me to offer this up, but I have the recording of this show. As an apology for my laziness, I'll send this to the first 10 people or so that email me with their address as a freebie. For anyone that uses Soulseek, you can download it from me there - my name is kolenan. For those who want this show by mail, my email address is allabouthegroove@hotmail.com.

This was definitly the coolest show I saw all year - very intimate and full of awesomeness. Thanks to John for being kind enough to give me a copy!

call me hi
01-16-2005, 08:28 PM
say, being a soulseekless person, i emailed you with my address but it wouldn't send it because it said your email address didn't exist. anyhow i guess i'm wondering if i can reserve a copy if i'm lucky enough to be one of the first to respond. now that the new album's getting pushed back further, this would go a long way in easing the pain. thanks for the generous offer.

call me hi
01-16-2005, 08:29 PM
never mind. i didn't read your email name closely. i got it

channelfan
01-17-2005, 06:23 PM
Originally posted by coleslaw
For anyone that uses Soulseek, you can download it from me there - my name is kolenan.

checked your files and it wasn't there. maybe i'm doing something wrong...

nice man washing
01-17-2005, 07:50 PM
Hey coleslaw,

Would love a copy of the show - I've just dropped you an email.

nice man washing (Tim)

channelfan
01-17-2005, 08:40 PM
Originally posted by channelfan

For anyone that uses Soulseek, you can download it from me there - my name is kolenan.

checked your files and it wasn't there. maybe i'm doing something wrong...

nevermind now it's working. sounds great!

coleslaw
01-17-2005, 09:02 PM
channelfan, you should be able to download the show from me now, I didn't realize it, but I wasn't sharing my files. But I fixed it, so it should be in working order now.

As for everyone else, if you have soulseek, download the show from me there. If you are soulseekless, just email me and I'll get the show to you.

thecauseofgauze
01-20-2005, 09:38 AM
coleslaw,

thanks very much for the disc. the show is unbelievable. i especially like the direction the new songs are going.

Salman
01-20-2005, 03:14 PM
Originally posted by thecauseofgauze

i especially like the direction the new songs are going.

Yeah, same here. I listened to the show on the way to school. Sounded awesome.

William
01-21-2005, 12:07 PM
thank you very much for the bootleg, just got it in the mail and am getting ready to listen to it.

coleslaw
01-21-2005, 01:33 PM
you're all very welcome. I love the new songs a whole lot too - the version of "impressions" on the show is awesome. "Round Again," "Lately," and "Come Away" also rock pretty hard.

call me hi
01-21-2005, 11:17 PM
i listened to it today, when i got it, while driving through a blizzard. i can't exactly recommend listening to it under those circumstances but if it was that amazing then, than i can only imagine how great it sounds when i'm relaxing and able to enjoy it properly. thanks so much coleslaw.

micktick
01-21-2005, 11:53 PM
anyone else have problems viewing people's files on soulseek? 3/4ths of the time i get an error- including when i try to check out coleslaw's files. i'd love to hear this show!

coleslaw
01-23-2005, 10:30 AM
micktick, I'm not sure what the problem is behind you not being able to access files, but if you can't download the show just send me an email and I can mail it to you.

rabbitrabbit002
02-02-2005, 06:30 AM
hello, cole--i just wanted to thank you so, so much for sending the disc (i had the same soulseek issues as micktick)...it's really great, my new favorite late-night cd. i apologize for not thanking you sooner but i had a baby, who enjoys the cd along with me (as far as i know, she doesn't complain.) i'll get some things in the mail to you as soon as i can.
best wishes-
sarah a.

Plastic_hero
02-02-2005, 08:26 AM
Yeah, I want to thank you as well. It arrived safe and sound in Sweden a week ago or so :cool:

coleslaw
02-02-2005, 07:10 PM
congratulations on the new arrival sarah! and you're all welcome for the show - I'm glad you're enjoying its smooth sounds.

Anyone can still email me if they can't download the show from soulseek. I still have a couple to send out, but they're coming soon.

TapeDeckGhost
02-03-2005, 07:10 PM
Everyones got this show, but me. I want it too!!!!!!!!

Harnk
02-03-2005, 07:37 PM
congratulations on the new arrival sarah! and you're all welcome for the show - I'm glad you're enjoying its smooth sounds.

Anyone can still email me if they can't download the show from soulseek. I still have a couple to send out, but they're coming soon.

be kind and forward it to the lovely e6 gmail house :P

coleslaw
02-06-2005, 05:49 PM
Ok, most people seem to be having trouble downloading this from me on soulseek. Does anyone have any idea what could be causing this problem? And for those of you that are having problems, can you not connect to my files at all, or are you just having an error with downloading the show?

I've gotten quite a few emails requesting this show, so if you've emailed me recently I'm sorry I haven't responded but I've been really busy lately so I haven't had lots of time.

And Harnk, I would love to share it on gmail, but I don't know how to do it. Do I need to compress the files and email them? Can I send them as wav files?

sorry for those who haven't gotten the show yet, but I'm going to work out the wrinkles soon.

acrobat
02-06-2005, 06:13 PM
hey! CONGRATULATIONS rabbitrabbit!! :D

rabbitrabbit002
02-06-2005, 09:15 PM
First, thank you, thank you! She's our third child, so I'm like a pro now...We're all doing great and are *very* thrilled to have her here and she's as calm and lovely as a baby can be. Joy, joy, joy. :)
To Cole: I don't know how it is with others, but my Soulseek problem was I couldn't get your files at all. I got an error message every time I tried. I've had this problem with a couple of other people, and the same people couldn't get my files, either. (hey, Mark W.!) I don't know why it happens. I hope someone else can help us out.
I would be really happy to copy the disc for anyone who would want it & hasn't gotten it yet, so if you, Coleslaw, would like to send some addresses my way so I can help you out, or if anyone wants to contact me directly, please email me at rabbitrabbit002@yahoo.com and I'll send you a disc as soon as I can.