PDA

View Full Version : Yo Gabba Gabba tonight!

Dottie
12-18-2011, 09:03 AM
Tune in to Yo Gabba Gabba tonight at 8PM (Nick Jr.) to hear James and friends' recording of "to give a present", featuring me and The Modern Skirts' JoJo Glidwell!

AndrewSamson
12-18-2011, 09:20 AM
Sweet! That show has so many good bands on there.

Abel
12-19-2011, 10:14 AM
Don't have TV.

oneheadedgirl
12-19-2011, 11:37 AM
Anyone get a recoring?

Harnk
12-27-2011, 11:44 AM
Don't have TV.

and proud, I'm sure.

Abel
12-27-2011, 12:12 PM
Just poor.

Harnk
12-27-2011, 12:15 PM
Just poor.

Owning a television is hardly a status symbol, Mister

Abel
12-27-2011, 12:18 PM
I have a television on which I play PlayStation and watch movies. Time Warner's television service is too expensive for us, though. Feel free to help us out. We'll consider it a late Christmas gift.

Harnk
12-27-2011, 12:29 PM
I have a television on which I play PlayStation and watch movies. Time Warner's television service is too expensive for us, though. Feel free to help us out. We'll consider it a late Christmas gift.

I have two extra TVs. GI'd be glad to part with one

Abel
12-27-2011, 12:54 PM
I have the screen, I just don't have the TV service.

Harnk
12-27-2011, 01:19 PM
I have the screen, I just don't have the TV service.

I will not pay for your cable service.

Abel
12-27-2011, 01:51 PM
I will not pay for your cable service.And proud, I'm sure.

oneheadedgirl
12-28-2011, 09:52 AM
Owning a television is hardly a status symbol, Mister
Or you just don't want one? When I move out I'm most certainly not getting a TV for quite some time. Plus it's just wasted money. I have a laptop screen and I'll watch my Netflix on there.

Harnk
12-28-2011, 10:36 AM
Or you just don't want one? When I move out I'm most certainly not getting a TV for quite some time. Plus it's just wasted money. I have a laptop screen and I'll watch my Netflix on there.

All money is wasted unless it is saved - in wich case it is just paper, and my guess is that Abel wouldn't mind access to a deluxe cable package if money weren't an issue. Plus, you don't live in NY, so please change your location.

radiowires
12-28-2011, 10:41 AM
Dottie (or anyone else who might know) --

do you know what episode it was? I record Yo Gabba Gabba for my 3-yr old, so I probably have it, and I want to see the performance -- but it's a damn long list of episodes so it would be nice to know which one, exactly.

Thanks much.

Abel
12-28-2011, 10:51 AM
my guess is that Abel wouldn't mind access to a deluxe cable package if money weren't an issue.True, I wouldn't mind it. I thought you were trying to say I would mind it, that I'm proud of not having cable. However, even when I had cable (i.e., when I lived with my parents) I did not watch it very often, which is why it's nowhere near a priority for me. I'd rather use that $600/year to pay off student loans.

Harnk
12-28-2011, 11:56 AM
True, I wouldn't mind it. I thought you were trying to say I would mind it, that I'm proud of not having cable. However, even when I had cable (i.e., when I lived with my parents) I did not watch it very often, which is why it's nowhere near a priority for me. I'd rather use that $600/year to pay off student loans.

I was, in the form of propagation, not truth.

Personally, I watch little myself, but enjoy the comfort of it being there. Of course I have't any student loans. My semester tuition was $1,800 - so I paid in cash.

oneheadedgirl
12-28-2011, 08:18 PM
Plus, you don't live in NY, so please change your location.
I was born there and I work there so no, sorry man. And some people just don't see the point on owning a TV for their lifestyle, I don't. Maybe you do and that's great- just stop pestering those who don't.

Abel
12-28-2011, 10:41 PM
You don't live in New York. You're just another tourist.

oneheadedgirl
12-29-2011, 11:10 AM
You don't live in New York. You're just another tourist.
Yes because all tourists were born there and work there.

Harnk
12-29-2011, 12:08 PM
I was born there and I work there so no, sorry man. And some people just don't see the point on owning a TV for their lifestyle, I don't. Maybe you do and that's great- just stop pestering those who don't.

You're in HS. You go to high school, I would imagine, in New Jersey. You also live in NJ (perhaps your paper route is in Staten Island). A hospital's location has no bearing on your the adaptations and the local nuances that you would otherwise absorb as a result of the neighborhood(s) you grew up in or around. Not that NJ is a wildly different animal, but there is something sad about someone saying they are from somewhere they are not. I would imagine few would disagree with me.

Owning a TV is a choice, certainly, and one which should come without slander, but haven' you noticed that people who do not own televisions like to say so with superfluous declaration? Case in point, Abel entered this thread just to say that he doesn't have a TV (which he does) - not that someone was asking him if he saw a paricular program, no, but simply because he wanted it known. Again, sad - like your bullshit NY status and Abel's pseudo-fagitude.

Abel
12-29-2011, 01:13 PM
I didn't say I don't have a TV, I said I didn't have TV (without an article, it refers to the service, not the object). Meaning I'm upset I can't watch what this thread was about. I was throwing my two cents in so someone might record it or post it when it shows up on youtube. You like (I suppose you do this kind of thing so often because you like it) adding a lot of subtext that isn't naturally there and assuming that people are as shitty as possible.

I mean, you entered this thread just to say how proud I am.

Harnk
12-29-2011, 02:38 PM
I didn't say I don't have a TV, I said I didn't have TV (without an article, it refers to the service, not the object). Meaning I'm upset I can't watch what this thread was about. I was throwing my two cents in so someone might record it or post it when it shows up on youtube. You like (I suppose you do this kind of thing so often because you like it) adding a lot of subtext that isn't naturally there and assuming that people are as shitty as possible.

I mean, you entered this thread just to say how proud I am.

No, I entered the thread to see what Dottie had to say, realizing that I didn't care what she was saying left me in a spot where I was able to observe your post.

In what I said above about both yourself and Bella was in no way saying either of you were shitty. In fact, I believe in both cases "sad" was the descriptor.

radiowires
12-29-2011, 07:32 PM
For anyone who wants to watch the segment that Dottie is referring to in her first post, I found it. Can watch it here (http://lesterbanks.com/2011/12/yo-gabba-gabba-to-give-a-present/).

radiowires
12-29-2011, 07:40 PM
You're in HS. You go to high school, I would imagine, in New Jersey. You also live in NJ (perhaps your paper route is in Staten Island). A hospital's location has no bearing on your the adaptations and the local nuances that you would otherwise absorb as a result of the neighborhood(s) you grew up in or around. Not that NJ is a wildly different animal, but there is something sad about someone saying they are from somewhere they are not. I would imagine few would disagree with me...

I find this sort of thing interesting, because when people ask me where I'm from, I never know what to say. I was born in France, started kindergarden in Toronto, did 1st through 5th grade in Minnesota, then junior high in California, then high school in South Dakota. I'll stop there because it doesn't seem right to count college in the "where you're from" calculation.

My short answer is always that I'm from South Dakota, because that's where I spent my formative years. That's where I feel like I'm from -- it had the most influence on me. But I'm not a "native" of there, so I doubt that my friends who grew up there consider me from there.

End of boring digression.

Abel
12-29-2011, 09:54 PM
No, I entered the thread to see what Dottie had to say, realizing that I didn't care what she was saying left me in a spot where I was able to observe your post.Ah, so when you enter a thread, it's because you're interested in the topic, and when I enter a thread, it's because I want to let everyone know I'm proud that I don't have television. Where did you learn how to be such a great guy, and how much did it cost?

oneheadedgirl
12-29-2011, 10:58 PM
Harnk, I was born and lived in New York till I was 3. So yes, my early childhood(where you develop your personality for life, which is a whole other argument) was in New York. I work in New York. All my friends live in New York. I visit New York at least twice a week. I associate myself more with New York. Saying I'm from New York benefits my career, a lot. You seem to be the only one who has a problem with it and I'm not going to change for you.

Abel
12-29-2011, 11:53 PM
I have a problem with it. You're not advancing your career on this forum. You don't live in New York. You couldn't vote here if you were old enough. You don't pay taxes or contribute in any significant way to state/city commerce. You're a cheap tourist, an immigrant intern, a gawking, lost stain who proffers limited experiences as established routines. If you're a New Yorker, then anyone is. I'm not aware the city grants citizenship to those who visit twice a week.

oneheadedgirl
12-30-2011, 12:31 AM
Mazel tov, you and Harnk should start a club.

Abel
12-30-2011, 09:04 AM
Sometimes you have to take a stand. Like when someone from New Jersey has the words "New York" four times in their location.

oneheadedgirl
12-30-2011, 04:33 PM
Sometimes you have to take a stand. Like when someone from New Jersey has the words "New York" four times in their location.
That wasn't me, it was when I connected with Facebook and I've just been too lazy to change it.

AndrewSamson
12-30-2011, 05:05 PM
For anyone who wants to watch the segment that Dottie is referring to in her first post, I found it. Can watch it here (http://lesterbanks.com/2011/12/yo-gabba-gabba-to-give-a-present/).

Yay thanks!

Dottie
12-31-2011, 07:03 PM
http://laughingsquid.com/to-give-a-present-yo-gabba-gabba-animated-short-about-gift-giving/

Abel
12-31-2011, 09:09 PM
There you go.

Harnk
01-03-2012, 08:47 AM
Ah, so when you enter a thread, it's because you're interested in the topic, and when I enter a thread, it's because I want to let everyone know I'm proud that I don't have television. Where did you learn how to be such a great guy, and how much did it cost?

I watch Yo Gabba Gabba with my daughter and occasionally enjoy the music bits - just not into James Husband as a solo artist. The thread title did not give me enough information, so I entered, found out I that the information was of not interest, then stumbled upon your post. I entered with a valid reason. You on the other hand made no attempt at asking someone to post the YGG video, as you later feigned as your intent.

I'm not a great guy unless you're standing next to me laughing at you.

Bella, how much work and travel could a high school student do in one week? Me guesses next to squat. So perhaps you could explain to us. You get off the shortbust at 3:oo PM, go home for your after school snack, do some homework, perhaps, then it's off to NYC for some freelance/amateur makeup design and some playdates? Your mom and dad must be pretty laid back to allow their 16 year old such imaginary freedom.

oneheadedgirl
01-03-2012, 10:59 AM
Bella, how much work and travel could a high school student do in one week?
I said before that I'm a part time high school student. I go to school at 8 and get out at 12:30. And yes, I do exactly that, "freelance/amateur makeup design" You're right, I'm very fortunate to have parents that understand what makes me happy and to allow such behavior from a young teenager. I'm allowed to go to New York when I want, for however long I want, and do what I want. Not once have I lied to my parents about what I was doing, not once. So don't try to pull that "Oh you must think you're such a rebel" bullshit on me - I'm not.

What I don't get is how you, by some stretch of the imagination, think that you can somehow manage to get me to change in order to make you happy.

Abel
01-03-2012, 11:12 AM
I entered this thread because I wanted to see the bit, you big dummy.

Harnk
01-03-2012, 11:46 AM
What I don't get is how you, by some stretch of the imagination, think that you can somehow manage to get me to change in order to make you happy.

I'm not asking you to change. I quite like you. I'm asking that you change your incorrect residence status. Immediately. And when you do, there will be no happiness on my part. The happiness will come from you, when you realize that perpetuating a lie to build your ego has in fact deconstructed your ego's ego.

Abel, it doesn't matter what you say now, since the truth, as I claim it to be, was clear from the get-go. One doesn't look for things in the morning which will not arrive until the evening.

Abel
01-03-2012, 12:00 PM
I didn't pay attention to when the OP was posted, but regardless, I said I didn't have TV so that maybe someone would record it, upload it to youtube, or at least post it when it became available. I'm sure that would have happened anyway, but chiming in with support for the idea seemed worth it.

Abel
01-03-2012, 12:06 PM
I watch Yo Gabba Gabba with my daughterOr does your daughter watch it with you?

Harnk
01-03-2012, 12:10 PM
Or does your daughter watch it with you?

While I find it more appealing than say Caillou, no, I would not sit through an episode of YGG without someone saying "Daddy, pudon Yo Gabuguh"

Abel
01-03-2012, 12:11 PM
Is that how you teach your daughter to talk? Like a sandperson from Star Wars? For shame.

Harnk
01-03-2012, 12:46 PM
Is that how you teach your daughter to talk? Like a sandperson from Star Wars? For shame.

yes.