PDA

View Full Version : help nesey make a movie?

turkishdelight
09-27-2011, 12:20 PM
hello,

i'm looking to make a feature film next month in asheville, nc called 'present' and it's going to star nesey as the main character. we're really excited about it and we're currently trying to raise a little bit of a budget, and if anyone is at all interested, we just started a kickstarter page (with only until oct. 14 to raise it!), and anything that can be contributed would be very helpful and much appreciated! in exchange, we have some little gifts to offer. for instance, nesey's gonna do the score for the film, and for $15 you can get that when it's ready, on top of other things! also check out many other goodies as well!

anyway, here is a link to the kickstarter page:

http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/787461611/present-a-feature-film

and here is a link for more info on the film:

www.ithappenedonehalloween.com

thanks for looking and considering! we hope you'll be interested in the film, and please help us spread the word and share it with folks too!

thank you very much,

-joe

radiowires
09-27-2011, 06:43 PM
This sounds awesome, Joe! If you guys shoot around Chapel Hill, look me up, I owe Nesey a concert booking on my porch.

thekingisdead
09-29-2011, 01:45 AM
jesus. good luck dude

soniclovenoize
09-29-2011, 08:43 AM
I will probably donate next week when I get paid! Looks neat!

AndrewSamson
09-29-2011, 10:02 AM
As soon as I get some more money I will totally donate. Good luck man!

Abel
09-29-2011, 11:01 AM
Nesey's going to be a movie star! Good thing I got his autograph!

radiowires
10-03-2011, 10:28 AM
le bumpe

11 days to go, money needed, let's help make this happen!

Ziarci
10-04-2011, 01:49 AM
i've been promoting it on every social venue i have accounts on... unfortunately that's about the best i can do right now. i hope they meet their goal!

turkishdelight
10-04-2011, 12:06 PM
hey thanks everybody! i heard the site crashed the other day and some posts were lost, including one i wrote with some responses to folks, i can't recall all the things, but i just wanted to say thanks again to all who've pledged and offered to pledge soon and have been sharing the links around and spreading the word. it really means a lot and we're glad people are interested in our film!

i believe i've been in contact with everyone from the last deleted posts that i needed to be, but if there was anything i missed, feel free to email me here: papercookies@gmail.com

also, keep checking back on the kickstarter site, we're going to post a new video that nesey's made soon!

thanks again!
joe

Shorton
10-06-2011, 07:50 AM
This seems cool. I've pledged what I can...

j_brodu
10-07-2011, 12:59 AM
i'll be able to pledge around the end of the kickstarter campaign, but i'm skeptical it will be successful. it looks really cool though, i just hope that $2700 can be funded in a week.

AndrewSamson
10-07-2011, 02:33 PM
I'm saving up. I really want to contribute some money!

soniclovenoize
10-07-2011, 08:15 PM
Yeah, OK, I had to write a check for the pressing of the Peppermints album, and now I have about $20 to last me two weeks. Sorry nesey... :(

turkishdelight
10-11-2011, 08:16 AM
daniel would like to tell you why to pledge to 'present'. click below to watch his video:

thank you all very much.

AndrewSamson
10-11-2011, 02:13 PM
daniel would like to tell you why to pledge to 'present'. click below to watch his video:

thank you all very much.

I love this. I'm totally pledging.

lenn9o9n
10-11-2011, 02:31 PM
pledged like an american patriot

AndrewSamson
10-11-2011, 02:40 PM
pledged like an american patriot

Amurica!

Shorton
10-14-2011, 04:04 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Gcfo3ZThWAY

Ah, this is absolutely wonderful...

turkishdelight
10-14-2011, 08:24 AM
thanks guys for pledging! less than 10 hours to go now, and about 900 to go! now's the time!

to pledge:
http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/787461611/present-a-feature-film?ref=card%22

i was going to link the new little video we made as well, but shorton has put it on the page already! thanks! check it out too, it features the cast and a new song, 'chimney swifts', that nesey will record for the soundtrack! imagine a whole soundtrack full of sweet ditties! please pledge if ya can!

thanks!

joe

ufoinkushiro
10-14-2011, 10:25 AM
nesey you are the chubbiest vegan i ever saw

i cant wait to watch this

crappybassist96
10-14-2011, 11:15 AM
In America there are a lot of actual fat vegans...they live off pb&j and beer.

Shorton
10-14-2011, 06:16 PM
Hurrah! Enough was pledged, seemingly!

Abel
10-14-2011, 06:39 PM
I don't trust this guy for some reason.

Shorton
10-15-2011, 06:04 PM
I trust him.

AndrewSamson
10-15-2011, 09:13 PM
I trust him. I think Nesey would've spoke up by now if it was a fake.

Abel
10-15-2011, 09:29 PM
I'll believe it when I see the movie and have the DVD in my hands.

AndrewSamson
10-15-2011, 09:30 PM
I'll believe it when I see the movie and have the DVD in my hands.

You pledged enough for the DVD? Please let me know how it is. Also did you get the Tascam yet?

nesey
10-15-2011, 10:33 PM
hello there. thanks so much to everyone who contributed and helped make that fundraising thing work.
it helps a lot.
dont worry folks, you can trust it. we're in the middle of shooting everything and it is an all consuming reality for me.
apart from the Acting Business i am making all the music for the film. music i am very proud and pleased with thusfar... a little more indicative of the album im working on after ice skater...
strange frontiers!
it will certainly be an entertaining experience!
hail satan!

Abel
10-16-2011, 08:34 AM
You pledged enough for the DVD? Please let me know how it is. Also did you get the Tascam yet?Yeah, I did the DVD level. No, I don't have the Tascam yet. It's arriving in New Jersey on Monday. I'm not sure when I'll have it here.

AndrewSamson
10-16-2011, 11:42 AM
hello there. thanks so much to everyone who contributed and helped make that fundraising thing work.
it helps a lot.
dont worry folks, you can trust it. we're in the middle of shooting everything and it is an all consuming reality for me.
apart from the Acting Business i am making all the music for the film. music i am very proud and pleased with thusfar... a little more indicative of the album im working on after ice skater...
strange frontiers!
it will certainly be an entertaining experience!
hail satan!

Great to hear, Nesey! Good luck with filming. Can't wait to hear the score and see the movie!

turkishdelight
11-10-2011, 10:12 AM
hey thanks everyone for rallying with the kickstarter thing and for sharing and supporting! it helped immensely! sorry i haven't gotten on here sooner to say thanks, we hit the ground running with filming and it consumed my entire world for the last month, still trying to gather my thoughts and get my brain functioning in the real world again..

but anyway, we recently just wrapped shooting and i'm now starting to edit it together, nesey's packing up his things right now and heading out of town today. it was a really great shoot and i'm really proud of nesey and all the cast and crew, and we all think we've got a special little film on our hands now, we can't wait to share it!

thanks again,

joe

Ziarci
11-28-2011, 12:28 PM
teaser trailer:
http://youtu.be/a-jJlc-XAdM

parachute
03-10-2012, 06:40 AM
I really loved the trailer for this movie :) i hope it's coming along well

ufoinkushiro
03-10-2012, 11:09 AM
I really loved the trailer for this movie :) i hope it's coming along well

lewis ive been ringing you for a week, where are you! hope youre ok.

BrainDamege
04-05-2012, 11:53 AM
where can I get the movie are they still taking donations? and I HATE soda

Ziarci
08-17-2012, 11:37 PM
chimney swifts download is now available. the first 200 downloads are free.
http://neseygallons.bandcamp.com/

and the video is here (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Gcfo3ZThWAY), if anyone has yet to see it.

lenn9o9n
08-18-2012, 07:27 AM
chimney swifts download is now available. the first 200 downloads are free.
http://neseygallons.bandcamp.com/

and the video is here (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Gcfo3ZThWAY), if anyone has yet to see it.

thankya, sad feels song :(

Abel
08-18-2012, 10:52 AM
And every month, 200 more free downloads will be available. That's how bandcamp works.

Ziarci
08-19-2012, 11:21 PM
i have no idea how bandcamp works. i just know the words i read on the computer. then i copy and paste those words for others to read. that's how i work.

Abel
08-20-2012, 06:24 AM
And then I clarify the truth of the situation for your benefit. That's how I work.

Shorton
08-22-2012, 05:32 AM
And then I clarify the truth of the situation for your benefit.

In a derogatory and condescending manner.

Abel
08-22-2012, 06:35 AM
Hah, no. But now we all know how bandcamp works. Except nesey.

ufoinkushiro
08-22-2012, 07:57 AM
In a derogatory and condescending manner.

abels always been an arsehole, simon. you just have to get used to it.

Abel
08-22-2012, 12:08 PM
I was just letting you know how bandcamp works, wow. There's no rush to be in the first 200 downloads.

ufoinkushiro
08-23-2012, 04:48 PM
ok thanks, i was just letting you know youre an assclown

Abel
08-23-2012, 04:53 PM
Okay, thanks. Sorry for being an assclown.

jared7
08-25-2012, 06:33 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KzKQgPEibKo

call me hi
09-08-2012, 07:40 PM
fuck it. i'll say it. this looks so embarrassingly horrible. sorry. couldn't resist.

nesey
09-08-2012, 10:44 PM
i kindof agree. but lots of unfamiliar things seem pretty terrible when lacking their proper context.
i am embarrassed by a good handful of things, but not this film. thats actually something nice about making a film... the possibility of becoming completely humiliated. you either have to be a phony or pretty darn tough to take the chance that everyone might try to make you feel awful! if you are too frail they will....crush you should you wander into reach.

BrainDamege
09-11-2012, 06:09 PM
fuck it. i'll say it. this looks so embarrassingly horrible. sorry. couldn't resist.

embarrassingly horrible to see nessey with a girl that is not MYSELF!!!

surrealistnightmare
09-11-2012, 06:33 PM
I dunno, I liked it. Especially as some sort of small event triggered what appears to be a bout of anxiety or some other disorder, that seems interesting. I'm looking forward to seeing it

Noah
09-13-2012, 05:31 PM
they will....crush you should you wander into reach.

mmm. Are you going to be involved with the Traveling Imaginary?

nesey
09-13-2012, 08:53 PM
nope.

nomad is just one of my favourite albums and those words came into my head while i was writing about acting.

call me hi
09-13-2012, 09:34 PM
i kindof agree. but lots of unfamiliar things seem pretty terrible when lacking their proper context.
i am embarrassed by a good handful of things, but not this film. thats actually something nice about making a film... the possibility of becoming completely humiliated. you either have to be a phony or pretty darn tough to take the chance that everyone might try to make you feel awful! if you are too frail they will....crush you should you wander into reach.

look, i'm really not anxious to be a jerk or anything, but what context am i lacking here? the fact that i haven't seen the whole movie? i guess that could be. but near as i can figure it's a movie about attractive hip white kids going out on an adventure that can only be enjoyed by priveleged attractive hip white kids. the young attractive hip girls were awful actors and the guy was ridiculously bad and clearly has watched what's eating gilbert grape one too many times. it's just so hard for a person to act developmentally disabled and it usually comes across as offensive. the twitches and quirks he displays are real for a lot of people and they're much less fashionable in real life. but whatever, i'm not going to be overly sensitive about that, really i just think it was piss poor acting.

i like your music though man.

nesey
09-13-2012, 11:17 PM
look, i'm really not anxious to be a jerk or anything, but what context am i lacking here? the fact that i haven't seen the whole movie? i guess that could be. but near as i can figure it's a movie about attractive hip white kids going out on an adventure that can only be enjoyed by priveleged attractive hip white kids. the young attractive hip girls were awful actors and the guy was ridiculously bad and clearly has watched what's eating gilbert grape one too many times. it's just so hard for a person to act developmentally disabled and it usually comes across as offensive. the twitches and quirks he displays are real for a lot of people and they're much less fashionable in real life. but whatever, i'm not going to be overly sensitive about that, really i just think it was piss poor acting.

call me hi:
context would be additional scenes. not necessarily the entire movie.

in many ways i appreciate what is behind your assumptions. you are sensitive to exploitation, tired of watching white people make garbage to sell to other white people. the director is joe chang. his father is from taiwan. one of those girls family is from mexico. we are all americans, but none of us have a background of the kind of privileged white culture you describe. i am not sharing the details of my upbringing with you, but do not be so quick to make assumptions about the kinds of people we are or the kind of film we would make.

that is me on the couch there. and that behavior you speak of is not contrived. that is how i behave under emotional stress. it is very likely that i could be diagnosed with something but i have not seen a doctor, dentist, therapist of any kind in 13 years. and i have long been afraid they will give me pills that make me worse... again... i am not interested in sharing my life story but i do wish to make it clear to you that you can not make assumptions about the mental health of others. others who are less patient or articulate will be extremely offended and worse, wounded. and that is what you can not afford. you are rightfully suspicious of others, but you must learn to give the benefit of the doubt when you dont have sufficient data. if what you have written is truly out of consideration for people who are ill in some way, then you must know the potential cruelty you will inflict by accusing someone they are false. most of the time your suspicions will likely be true, but it is much too careless to take the risk that you are wrong.

please be well and know that i do not take you for a jerk at all.

Abel
09-13-2012, 11:50 PM
Hey nesey, when I met you in Central Park, you seemed like a normal person. I'm looking forward to seeing this movie that I helped kickstart. When does it release?

nesey
09-14-2012, 12:00 AM
thanks abel. when we met i will admit i was using alcohol heavily to self medicate or whatever. had been for a couple years. it helps shut down the nerves so nicely.. but ive gotten it under control. aint been drunk in 2012 yet.

expect the film by march, i think. it may play at some festivals. and there will be additional screenings in other cities. and of course whatever remaining prizes the kickstarter folks are owed will be delivered by then as well.

PaulGarrat
09-14-2012, 12:17 AM
Hi, I couldn't help but respond here, because I live with nesey. Have for about a year now. The quirks mentioned would certainly be offensive if contrived, and I am glad for your vigilance, but they are definitely his. I see them all the time, and the difficulties they can sometimes present, and you are right, such things are not to be ashamed of. When you are fond of someone you begin to see such things as friendly reminders of their personality and character; it is nice to see them in the film and not edited out, because they are a natural part of who nesey is. And sure, maybe these "quirks" do not seem as natural as they might if they were, say, choreographed or scripted in a neurotypical actor, but they are what they are, and they are certainly an aspect of my friend!

Normally we all try to keep such parts of ourselves concealed (often from a fear of being misconstrued in just such a fashion!) and clearly he has outdone himself in concealing these characteristics from many parts of his life in the past, but such concealment takes a heavy toll and it is encouraging to see him utilizing these aspects of himself in art in such a way. I think it is likely that some others will be encouraged, too, and that is good to think on.

ufoinkushiro
09-15-2012, 11:42 AM

shitty comment, nobody wants to hear it. if you don't like it, then don't post bollocks like that. just don't watch it.

call me hi
09-16-2012, 08:45 PM
call me hi:
context would be additional scenes. not necessarily the entire movie.

in many ways i appreciate what is behind your assumptions. you are sensitive to exploitation, tired of watching white people make garbage to sell to other white people. the director is joe chang. his father is from taiwan. one of those girls family is from mexico. we are all americans, but none of us have a background of the kind of privileged white culture you describe. i am not sharing the details of my upbringing with you, but do not be so quick to make assumptions about the kinds of people we are or the kind of film we would make.

that is me on the couch there. and that behavior you speak of is not contrived. that is how i behave under emotional stress. it is very likely that i could be diagnosed with something but i have not seen a doctor, dentist, therapist of any kind in 13 years. and i have long been afraid they will give me pills that make me worse... again... i am not interested in sharing my life story but i do wish to make it clear to you that you can not make assumptions about the mental health of others. others who are less patient or articulate will be extremely offended and worse, wounded. and that is what you can not afford. you are rightfully suspicious of others, but you must learn to give the benefit of the doubt when you dont have sufficient data. if what you have written is truly out of consideration for people who are ill in some way, then you must know the potential cruelty you will inflict by accusing someone they are false. most of the time your suspicions will likely be true, but it is much too careless to take the risk that you are wrong.

please be well and know that i do not take you for a jerk at all.

just to provide some context on my original comment, i have taught special ed. and have otherwise been involved in working with people with disabilities for more than ten years. it is a pet peeve of mine when actors pretend to have some sort of developmental disability. it is usually based on a stereotype and completely ignorant of the subculture they are representing. our society values the eccentric, and the twitches and quirks many actors like to incorporate are without consideration to the pain and frustration behind the reality of such an affliction.

just to be clear, if this movie was a slapstick comedy and i just didn't think it was funny, i wouldn't say anything. this just happens to strike a nerve with me.

i guess i'm confused though about whether you're acting or not. you said this is how you behave under emotional stress, but you were still just acting right? what's the deal with the character you're playing? are your mannerisms in this clip similar to you in real life? i mean, who gives a shit what i think, but i'll give you the benefit of the doubt that you have some sort of understanding or appreciation for people with mental health issues, and you're not just sean penn acting retarded. i'm just curious.

finally, i have to stand up for myself on one thing. i don't think i'm inflicting cruelty on anyone. i called a movie bull shit. if you put that in perspective, it's a pretty minor flesh wound. if an artist can't take that then they shouldn't share their stuff. i'm generally a very peaceful, loving, and good person. yes, i can be a dick sometimes, but i don't think i'm cruel.

PaulGarrat
09-16-2012, 10:26 PM
I could see how the idea that someone was exploiting people with disabilities would be upsetting to you, no one's questioning that, and I think we can all be in agreement here that such exploitation is reprehensible. We could sit here all day, though, and talk of misrepresentation of disempowered groups of people in the media. But the thing is, though hollywood may deserve your vitriol, this isn't the place to come and spew it at some guy who's just trying to express himself. Especially an hour or two after he came here in greeting and shared some very personal feelings regarding the death of his friend.

You can hide behind the "artists should just keep their traps shut if they don't want criticism" line, but we all know that when it comes to indie music, this line is just a bullshit way to be thoughtless and then pretend it means you're really thoughtful. If you want to go to youtube right now and say that the latest multimillion dollar rock video from Soulless Records USA is embarrassing, then you wouldn't be a jerk. But this forum is not for big-time artists who shit on the little guy to get ahead. It's for real humans who have lives and families and souls and feelings, who just happen to create music. And it is for their fans, who just want to hear a little music and maybe cultivate a little friendship.

However, no one has accused you of cruelty, only cautioned you against the cruelty your thoughtlessness could easily inflict on one who was not prepared for such things. Being an artist does not automatically make one calloused to all criticism, nor should it. People with open hearts and tender feelings make art all the time, and that is a very nice and generous thing they do. (Since we are talking of pet peeves, I should say it is a pet peeve of mine when people behave as though artists, once they have made art, somehow forfeit their rights to things like privacy and basic human consideration).

What's most bothersome to me, though, is your seeming to feel entitled to ask that this person somehow prove himself to be mentally disabled enough for his behaviour to meet your approval (I know you say you are only curious, but asking someone for a mental health resume? is really pretty intrusive--see my peeve about privacy above). It's already been made clear that this is behavior that comes naturally to my friend in times of stress. It is not known if this behavior would meet some diagnostic criteria of yours, nor does it matter. It is just the way he is, and the intention was to be what he is, nothing more. I think this is what most actors strive for in these days of method acting.

Anyway, what I mean is, it's perfectly okay to watch something and not like it, but getting personal and making assumptions about the private lives of the performers---their racial backgrounds, their mental health, their privileged status---and basically telling them they should be ashamed, in a place you know they visit, an hour and a half after they open up enough to share feelings about their dead friend, is not cool. Just, not cool.

BrainDamege
09-17-2012, 03:20 PM
Mr. Gallons *and EVERYONE here*...

you need to see a dentist at least because you can't have good overall health without good oral health. not to be a bitch but you have to have your teeth professionally cleaned at least once a year even if your flossing and brushing 4 times a day. periodontal disease has a stronger correlation with heart attack, heart disease, and stroke then high blood pressure. You may think your teeth feel fine when you run you tongue accross them but you are used to the way your teeth feel and calculose forms within 48 hours so its very easy (and fast) to get used to large amounts of build up.

please make sure a dental hygienist or a dentist actually scales your teeth a "registerd dental ASSISTANT/RDA" cannot remove any calculus its COMPLEATLY OUT OF THERE SCOPE!!!!! if a dental assistant scales your teeth call the dental board and file a complaint, they are taking away jobs from coutless hygienist. even if they say they can do it or there is a change in law, they are fucking lying.

I know its not totaly nessisary to have a physical every year, or women don't have to have papsmears untill sexually active or the first period, or men having their prostate checked untill whenever, but we all have teeth and it not just a matter of loosing one or two, its about the health of your gums and the bacteria in your mouth travling to diffrent parts of your body (I see it ALL THE TIME). If you don't get your teeth cleaned you are going to have other internal problems later in life that will be way more expensive, and time consuming.

EVERYONE!!! you CANNOT have good overal health without good oral health.

call me hi
09-19-2012, 09:07 PM
i don't know paul. i told your buddy i thought his movie sucked. really not the worst thing in the world. cool? no, you're right, probably a dick move, but i think you're overreacting.

again, i think i'm being painted as this evil guy. you're acting like my comment was in response to his thoughts on bill. this is a totally different thread. the two should not be connected.

you've got an awfully sunny view of how this forum should be run. we're all fans (i've bought all of nesey's albums) but i don't think the "if you don't have anything nice..." policy necessarily applies. i think any type of feedback is good feedback. nobody has to listen to it. yes, i could've phrased it differently, but i didn't think it was that delicate of a situation. a lot of e6ers take a long time on their projects, i guess i'm saying that this one could use a lot more time. the clip that was shown was awful and needs to be fixed. nobody has to listen to me, but i still think it's good to share negative feedback (yes, probably better to give constructive criticism; i'll try harder to be nice). but i certainly don't think "yes men" help anybody. and i doubt that nesey would agree with you that everyone on this forum needs to be nice to him or not bother posting.

i have to point out that bill's first post on this forum was in response to somebody ripping on his day in the life cover. bill was a pro about it and handled it with humor and grace. that guy really seemed to know the score.

ufoinkushiro
09-20-2012, 10:02 AM
the thing is, you've just been quite insensitive.

mostly, i just believe that if you have nothing good to say, then dont open your mouth at all. criticism like 'your movie sucks', intruding into peoples personal life is not in the least bit constructive.

negative words are better left unsaid for the sake of others.

BrainDamege
09-20-2012, 03:03 PM
i have to point out that bill's first post on this forum was in response to somebody ripping on his day in the life cover.

I would love to hear that... John Lennon is one of my favorite voices, and bill, and sr. Elton, and Billy Joel. and Barbara Streisand but she is probably one of my favorite entertainers/people who I want to be most in the entire world.

and sorry to say, I don't think nesey is a natural actor. or anyone else he was filming with. the one girl who is suposed to be his sister you can tell she has been on camera before but you know and I'm not just saying that because of that one music video. most people act because they want to ham it up, TERRIBLE reason.

but yes the scene did make me cringe. acting is being and I think their reactions were kind of forced or wern't comming from the heart. If I were in there shoes though I would just be so star struck also, so I'm sure I wouldn't be able to function. he gets a great sound.

and call me hi, I am the evil one here I just told everyone to get their teeth cleaned. PRISS MISS!!!

call me hi
09-20-2012, 07:16 PM
"are your mannerisms in this clip similar to you in real life?"

this is the only thing i can think of that i said that would seem like i'm prying into his personal life. is that really that intrusive? i'm trying to gauge what is acting and what is just a natural mannerism. please understand that i could not possibly care less about what happens in nesey gallons' personal life.

and ufoinkushiro, did you watch the clip? are you saying you think it's good? i really believe these guys should rethink this and work on it some more. the writing and the acting were awful. it hasn't been released yet so i think i'm actually doing them a favor. they need to fix some stuff. if people just pat them on the back they're going to release a shitty movie (if indeed this scene is any indication of things to come).

call me hi
09-20-2012, 07:22 PM
i should say something positive though. i think the music is fucking awesome.

jared7
09-20-2012, 11:32 PM
guess i shouldn't have posted that clip. yeesh.

lenn9o9n
09-21-2012, 04:27 AM
guess i shouldn't have posted that clip. yeesh.

No, it's fine...thank you! Just a comment that, like Nesey said, isn't warranted w/out the complete context of the movie...can't wait to see it!

as a video shooter/editor i'd bump the audio up during some of the conversations...while we're complaining ;)

surrealistnightmare
03-12-2013, 07:50 AM
A new trailer has been released:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OTBR7uqul-s&feature=share&list=UU_POMfFgYFgKuXH_Ms8VGPw

Ray Baltimore
03-12-2013, 09:11 AM
I can't wait for this to come out.

BrainDamege
03-12-2013, 10:51 AM
lol the part where they're trick of treating... If I was that woman at there old house I would be like, "I'm calling the cops".

Anyways... I'll watch it, I'm not a very good movie watcher though... or a nice critic when it comes to acting. SOOOOORRY!!!! Honestly, I'm working on it, it gets the best of me sometimes.

spiffy_kimbean
03-12-2013, 11:12 AM
Cute.
So many familiar views....

BrainDamege
03-12-2013, 11:18 AM
I shouldn't be so mean about it... but Faith Callaway seems like she has way more on camera experiance then nesey... who...ummm.... is a musician?

I think when you sing (like really sing) you can do anything after that. but dancing is hard. still, singing makes you more vulnerable. thats just how I feel about the performance arts.

spiffy_kimbean
03-12-2013, 11:31 AM
Why does being a musician automatically translate to having "on camera experience"?

BrainDamege
03-12-2013, 01:36 PM
Why does being a musician automatically translate to having "on camera experience"?

oh no it doesn't... that's not what I meant. I was saying that he is a musician not an actor and Faith looks like she has some on camera experience.

camera and stage are two COMPLETELY diffrent things.

nighsgrandmother
04-30-2013, 10:45 PM
When is this film coming out!?!?

Ray Baltimore
05-01-2013, 01:46 PM
When is this film coming out!?!?
It has been screened I believe but I agree, when does this come out?

nighsgrandmother
05-02-2013, 12:39 AM
It has been screened I believe but I agree, when does this come out?
You're right about the screening! On the paper cookie picture company website it says they screened the movie during mid April. No word on the site about when it coming out though! Ah well, we must be patient!

turkishdelight
05-02-2013, 09:13 AM
howdy!

thanks for your interest in our film. yes we recently had our first screenings in nc and sc and they were quite nice. we're anxious and excited to share our work with more folks..

as of now, we're looking at setting up some more screenings and doing a music & film tour of sorts. it's still in the planning stages, but we'd like to do a Midwest run and a Northeast/coast one this summer and fall. if you happen to be in/near/on the way of any of those areas, and know of an Arthouse/Independent type theatre, or a venue/event/DIY space with screening capabilities please feel free to write and suggest to us. also, if you are interested in helping out/hosting/booking a screening/show, contact me for more details.

Email Joe: Papercookies@gmail.com

it's a little hard for a movie like this to just 'come out' in the traditional sense with such limited resources, but we would really like to try and make it a pleasant, old fashioned viewing experience, before it just becomes available online.

whelp! thanks again!
joe

:us::love::cool:

AndrewSamson
05-02-2013, 12:51 PM
If you do anything in Massachusetts I'd be happy to help out with anything you guys would need!

turkishdelight
05-02-2013, 04:41 PM
If you do anything in Massachusetts I'd be happy to help out with anything you guys would need!

hey andrew!
swell! could you send me an email and i'll be in touch? we'd definitely love to come to massachusetts! thanks!
joe
papercookies@gmail.com

nighsgrandmother
05-02-2013, 10:35 PM
Music & film tour! Alright!!!! I'll be patiently waiting on the west coast!